Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS - RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSING  (Read 7533 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
BREAKING NEWS - RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSING
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:34:35 PM »
WHOOTER - WHOOTER PARODIES AND AFFILATE ENTITIES MAY NOT POST THIS INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO JON HUNTSMAN ED KAHN  FRED THOMPSON, ALSO PROGRAM AND RULES

http://http://jilliestake.blogspot.com/2011/07/news-flash-ridge-creek-school-is.html
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 11:57:33 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Re: BREAKING NEWS - RIDGE SCHOOL IS CLOSING
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 10:53:39 PM »
While we all hope this is true, we must ask ourselves what is to become of the children who are there now and the parents who have sunk countless sums of money into Ridge Creek School? These parents have no idea the financial devastation they are about to experience... now, not only must they find a new facility to place their children, but find they must also find a way to pay for their placement.

The state agencies must be held accountable for this as well. What will happen to they money they've paid out to RCS??? In today's budget crisis there aren't surplus funds lying around to send these children off to another facility. Maybe they'll learn their lesson when they too are in court against this man and his greed.

Let's see how Bucci spins this one... he'll probably say it was a couple disgruntled parents or ex-employees and they caused referrals to dry up. Blah, blah, blah. Pathetic. He's had years to make things right, but what has he done? Nothing. Well, okay he's opened a few new bank accounts.

Anne Edens might want to prepare for to fight for her license while she's at it... when she takes a break from cutting kids down from trees.

Parents:  Looks like you have until Friday, if not sooner according to Anne, to get your kids into a new place. Hope you didn't have anything planned this week because your world is about to be turned upside down. Let us know how the Spin Masters try to blame this on everyone else except for those who really deserve the blame. Also curious what your kids had to eat this weekend. Maybe Bucci donned his apron and threw together a couple of PBJs... or maybe they brought back the famous baked potato bar. That was a real hit the last time the food service (allegedly) got cut off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
NEWS FLASH - RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSING!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 11:13:56 PM »
Here's that blog entry, for posterity's sake! :D

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Jillie's Take

Sunday, July 17, 2011
NEWS FLASH - RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL IS CLOSING!

According to the the document before us, Ridge Creek School at 830 Hidden Lake Road is closing.  Plans are to close Friday July 22, 2011 if the GAO, ORCC,  DFCS, CPS, GBI, FBI or the Sheriff's department do not shut them down Monday.  Ridge Creek School has not notified authoritative regulatory agencies like CPS, DFCS, and the ORCC that they intend to close. Nor has it informed the approriate agencies that the food service ended Friday and  the serivce has removed all food.  Food is being brought in from the town.

Staff has not been paid.  According to a sources, there is no re-financing as per Mr. Buccellato's letter dated Thursday the 14th of July.  As you can deduce from the email (see below) Director of Counseling Anne Edens PhD, does not hold to Georgia's state law of mandatory reporting, or ,apparently her psychology oath.  A few parents have been informed, one child has been picked up at the time of this writing, due to a chain of parent calls.  Parents are reporting they cannot reach the school, nor can they reach the school through email.

There are 'allegations' of egregious violations, broken laws, and cover-ups by those complicit and complacent. Law enforcement will receive all documents regarding all parties that were complicit in this 10 year debacle, not excluding allegations of negligence against the ORCC, DFCS, and the DJJ.

Commissioner Clyde Reese has never responded,  and the Governor's Chief of Staff does not return phone calls.  

Educational Consultants will be held accountable.  Names will be released to authorities of Educational consultants that placed inappropriate children without required documentation per ICPC, IEP's and 504's. and no follow-up. Failing to disclose to parents of Special Needs children that this facility admitted violent, adjudicated, probationary youths with felonious charges and conduct disorder is unethical, especially since the children were commingled.  

It appears all parents who have paid pre-paid tuition or deposits have lost it all - again.  DFCS and CPS need to pick up any children currently at the school as soon as possible, unless of course, "their hands are tied."

"For the Children Left Behind"
    I am,  Jill Ryan
   And that's my take.

-------------- --------------

Date: Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 1:49 PM
Subject: Just an update
To: Management <                  >

So far, things have been quiet.  The student body saw ----- off.  Her father was supportive and understanding, doing what he needed to do.  I have spoken with Chris about the school closing, and while disappointed, not surprised.  He has received one email from ------  dad (last night) demanding he call.  I told Chris to go ahead and call, letting the father know what our plan at this point is in when and how we will be dismissing the students on Friday and that Scott is working on a referral list for the parents.  

I have not gotten any calls or emails other than from Judith Wishin.  She has been told and is supportive of our plan.  I do not know if Cheryl has gotten any emails a she does not have email at home and I have not called her due to her having family visiting this weekend.  She has been informed of the school closing, however.  Jamie is still locked out of her email and this may be creating some panic for parents.  I have talked with Jamie about closing and she is going to do whatever is needed to help her caseload through the process.  We need to get her email unlocked asap if anyone has the sys admin info and can do that.

The kids are being fed and having a fun weekend and seem to be somewhat clueless, although they are asking questions about the lunch ladies and such.  I think we will be fielding more questions as the week unfolds.

We need to be prepared if DHR or DFACS or any other agency comes on Monday…I would not be surprised if -----  and/or Jill Ryan have agitated them.  Worse case scenario is if they come and force us to close (send kids home) before Friday.

What time is management meeting Monday morning (if we are meeting)?

Anne W. Edens, Psy.D.
Licensed Clinical Psychologist
Director of Counseling
Ridge Creek School
830 Hidden Lake Road
Dahlonega, GA 30533
706-864-4730 ex 2210
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 12:32:33 AM »
Edens needs to go down with the ship. As a mandatory reported, she breeched her professional duties. Acted unethically, and there should be "consequences". She broke the agreement.
Let's see.... Restrictions for all.... white bread and cheese sandwiches. No mail or phone contact with friends and loved ones, for, um, the rest of their lives. Pick up trash off the roads around Dahlonega. A daily dousing with hot urine? Or would that be going a little too far? Ok then, sternum rubs.

Are the party invitations in the mail?  :birthday:  :cheers:

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:37:14 AM »
There's at least one Ed Con not listed. How far back will they go? Elizabeth Hall in Texas should be added. She referred based on the "owner's reputation". Never visited the program and knew nothing about it, or the kids she referred for that matter.

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:59 AM »
Listen. Do you hear that singing? It's the fat lady, and she sounds great!

Way to go, Jill. You are pretty amazing.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 01:24:01 AM »
?? to my ears!
 Wait after all of the assaults and a riot and a reported suicide attempt during said riot and...
Quote from: " Director of Counseling Anne Edens PhD"
We need to be prepared if DHR or DFACS or any other agency comes on Monday…I would not be surprised if ----- and/or Jill Ryan have agitated them. Worse case scenario is if they come and force us to close (send kids home) before Friday.
that’s her idea of the worst case scenario?
Quote from: "Jill Ryan "
There are 'allegations' of egregious violations, broken laws, and cover-ups by those complicit and complacent. Law enforcement will receive all documents regarding all parties that were complicit in this 10 year debacle, not excluding allegations of negligence against the ORCC, DFCS, and the DJJ...  
Commissioner Clyde Reese has never responded, and the Governor's Chief of Staff does not return phone calls.
Educational Consultants will be held accountable.  Names will be released to authorities of Educational consultants that placed inappropriate children without required documentation per ICPC, IEP's and 504's. and no follow-up. Failing to disclose to parents of Special Needs children that this facility admitted violent, adjudicated, probationary youths with felonious charges and conduct disorder is unethical, especially since the children were commingled.  

"For the Children Left Behind"
I ? Jill Ryan!
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 07:55:01 AM »
Here's a PDF version of Anne Edens' email...

Wow Jill - you're going to "agitate" the agencies? Isn't it the agencies' legal responsibility to protect the children???

Real ethical of you, Anne.

[attachment=0:1kqa5ymh]Anne Edens Email.pdf[/attachment:1kqa5ymh]

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
Agitate state agencies?  Is that another way of saying' get them to do their jobs regarding the safety of children'.  Wow. This woman is absurd.  Enjoy the unemployment line.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »
Len's email to the RCS Staff  

Date: Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 8:02 AM
    Subject:
    To: RCSstaff
    It is with very great sadness that I announce that Ridge Creek School must close. The faculty and staff of RCS created the best therapeutic boarding school in the nation. Unfortunately 5 years ago the petition for a class action and the nonstop slanderous postings on blog sites since then has financially bankrupted the school and me personally.  In the past 17 years hundreds of children and their families  have had their lives changed and are now walking in positive directions.  It is truly sad that a small number of disturbed individuals can create such havoc and cause us to close.

I ask each of you to continue to act in the most professional manner for the sake of the children.  We are very  much trying to get funds to cover last Friday’s payroll.  Thank you for all the hard work that you have dedicated to the children. No paycheck would ever be large enough to cover the investment that you made in their lives.  May God look over all of you and help your transition go as smoothly as possible.

Len

Who wrote this crap??? I like how he used "disturbed" instead of "disgruntled". And all of a sudden it's "for the sake of the children". What a delusional, disturbed man.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 02:38:29 PM »
Hey Buchi, why not use the chapel fund to cover the payroll?

You did this to yourself you piece of garbage. All we did was turn on the light.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
Full commentary on "Ridge Creek School Closing Email to Staf from Leonard Buccellato" at http://http://jilliestake.blogspot.com/2011/07/ridge-creek-school-closing-email-to.html

My apologies that this needs to be done like this.  I do not expect things will calm down any time in the near future, but I cannot keep up with both blogs and the investigations.

Thank you for all your support all these years for "The Children Left Behind."

Offline AspieMom

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 06:48:48 PM »
This is great news!
It's good that no more children will be in harm's way due to this place. I feel for the kids that truly need a little guidance and didn't get it.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 08:08:11 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Full commentary on "Ridge Creek School Closing Email to Staf from Leonard Buccellato" at http://http://jilliestake.blogspot.com/2011/07/ridge-creek-school-closing-email-to.html

My apologies that this needs to be done like this.  I do not expect things will calm down any time in the near future, but I cannot keep up with both blogs and the investigations.

Thank you for all your support all these years for "The Children Left Behind."

No apologies necessary my dear. Take some of those irons out the fire. Delegate anything that doesn't require your attention.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 08:26:16 PM »
Hell yeah! A "fire" sale (insert sarcasm)! I can't wait for the "yard" sale. Maybe Lenny will have a white bread and cheese sandwich stand to raise $$$. Hell, ihf there's a fire going he could offer up a grilled cheese stand!  Maybe we can get some artwork he tried to hawk at those chapel fund events. Oh, I'm sure that's on the list of stuff to sell too.

Maybe we can buy some of those degrees that everyone else paid for - I hear they're worth a few pennies! Throw a Lifetime certificate in there and I just might actually donate $5.00.

How much are those fake psych evals worth? Can I buy those for 10 on the dollar? If I can my butt is going to be RICH!

Lenny - we have no pity for you. You are a coward and a fraud. Now everyone knows what we've said for YEARS!