Author Topic: What is a parent to do?  (Read 21183 times)

Offline Torn

• View Profile
Re: What is a parent to do?
« Reply #60 on: April 22, 2011, 05:38:36 AM »
Oscar,

You rock.  Reading your advice has been worth the abuse I've taken here.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline quanat

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2011, 07:07:20 AM »
u
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:52:06 PM by quanat »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 07:22:21 AM »
I don't care if Whooter is back or not.7 kids died in residential care in 2010. The number of victims continue to grow.

There is no time for thinking of possible trolls.

Every teenager should know that they risk their lives if they continue to act up in such a way so their parents can be set up by the failed research into what is dangerous for teenagers and what is not.

There is work going on to prove that some of the teenagers stuff is just harmless rite-of-passage. Howoever it will take time.

While this is taking place, I feel that it is our mission to warn teenagers that their actions might not be dangerous themselves, but they are dangerous if the so-called professionals can convince their parents of that their lives could be lost.

Schooling is necessary and while partying in our culture certainly is too, securing future income must not be endangered by the partying. I can understand why Torn is worried. If I lived in a culture where the entire society believed in not knowing when the kids drink because there is a law against it, I would be worried sick. In 2 second I would know where my teenager is 24/7 even if she was drunk. It is our business to know and accept the rite-of-passage people have to undergo to be adults. It is also our business as parents to see to that our kids find their path in life.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 03:18:15 PM »
I don’t think that every parent thread is treated as a troll thread here, Oscar. I’ve seen otherwise. I think some people are seeing this one for what it is and calling it a farce. Many will pass or object to such a thread. Why expend much energy going in circles with an insultingly obvious troll who will be impervious to reason, because their real agenda is to simply troll?

I do see your other point Oscar. Your perspective is that the responses to even disingenuous trolls posing as troubled parents may be read by others who can get something out of it. But I also see it from another angle because the trolling doesn’t stop with the initial pretext. It becomes a soap box from which someone who has only the desire to present falsehoods to further their agenda can expound. Remember “Nigel”?

It is the skepticism from having tired of such intrusions that causes many to pass or object, if they don’t see something substantive to connect to in the content.

It’s also annoying. If a troll is going to be so apparently trolly they should at least conjure up a premise that is engaging. They could go with something like: “My daughter is foul mouthed a reality TV star from Staten Island who is addicted to spray tanning and as her contract comes up for renewal she becomes nastier, more determined to launch a line of bacon flavored jello shots on the shopping network and sadly even more orange with each passing day. Help!”
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2011, 03:45:30 PM »
Just got off the phone with Antigen, who sounded wonderful BTW - happy and in good spirits - and she informed me that she did ban Whooter's IP address that he has been using to post as Torn, Marc1986, Brian23083, Deprograms, Mitt Romney, etc in this thread.  Antigen confirmed they are all the same poster.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2011, 04:51:28 PM »
Great! Had a feeling about those "guys."  Fornits has been better without this Crazy Maker, so I'm relieved.

Offline Torn

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2011, 06:49:52 PM »
I apologize for any distress my posts have caused, but I have not been banned and I am not Whooter.  I am currently in discussion with Antigen and others to resolve this.  Its difficult for me to prove who I am not without revealing who I am, and I have the same right to anonymity as everyone else here.

I have no doubt that some who have posted on this thread are industry shills, but I am not one of them.  And frankly I don't care what the shills have to say; I am not here looking for reasons to send my daughter away - i am looking for reasons not to (i.e. alternatives) since everything we have tried to date has failed and we're getting a bit desperate.  If you have never been in the shoes of a parent and seen your beloved child making decisions which threaten her future, you cannot imagine how stressful this is for us, just as we cannot understand how stressful these programs have been to the survivors.

But that's why I am here, to gain a better understanding.  I'd prefer to talk about that than to keep going in circles about who you (wrongfully) suspect I may be.

Offline quanat

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2011, 07:42:11 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
I It becomes a soap box from which someone who has only the desire to present falsehoods to further their agenda can expound. Remember “Nigel”?

what is "nigel"?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2011, 08:38:11 PM »
Quote from: "Torn"
I apologize for any distress my posts have caused, but I have not been banned and I am not Whooter.  I am currently in discussion with Antigen and others to resolve this.  Its difficult for me to prove who I am not without revealing who I am, and I have the same right to anonymity as everyone else here.

I have no doubt that some who have posted on this thread are industry shills, but I am not one of them.  And frankly I don't care what the shills have to say; I am not here looking for reasons to send my daughter away - i am looking for reasons not to (i.e. alternatives) since everything we have tried to date has failed and we're getting a bit desperate.  If you have never been in the shoes of a parent and seen your beloved child making decisions which threaten her future, you cannot imagine how stressful this is for us, just as we cannot understand how stressful these programs have been to the survivors.

But that's why I am here, to gain a better understanding.  I'd prefer to talk about that than to keep going in circles about who you (wrongfully) suspect I may be.
It can get a lil like Mardi Gras 'round here sometimes... :D  

But, that tends to go with the territory when you consider the insanity that most of us have been subjected to. Between the psy ops performed on us during our formative years, and the psy ops which continue via the manipulative communications of industry proponents, some folks get rubbed kinda raw. Like a wound that never quite heals completely.

I hope you'll explore other threads on the forum in addition to this one and the ones more specific to the program you and your wife are considering. Gems of insight get posted in the darnedest places. There's a search feature in the upper right corner. I would just go directly to "Advanced search," it'll allow you more options.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2011, 09:31:26 PM »
Quote from: "quanat"
I It becomes a soap box from which someone who has only the desire to present falsehoods to further their agenda can expound. Remember “Nigel”?

what is "nigel"?

You mean Niles? Where is Niles anyway?

Torn - I've been busy but I want to comment on your daughters education - you mentioned she was running out of time. I am to tired to write much right now - but even if she drops out next year she has plenty of time - really. This is said with complete understanding of the panic you feel - and the ability to now look back at it - and reassure you she can do just fine once she decides to, even if she throws away several years between 15 and 25. You may need to adjust your expectations and be happy for her as long as she is happy - for now remember to minimize harm with out enabling - a fine line to walk but with practice you can walk it.

Offline Torn

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
But, that tends to go with the territory when you consider the insanity that most of us have been subjected to.
I'm figuring that out.  At first I got angry, e.g. the comment I made in a reply to Inculcated which was not actually aimed *at* Inculcated - sorry about that.  Now I'm just frustrated but trying to be patient.

Thanks for the search tip, I am indeed finding more information on the program, and none of it good.

Offline Torn

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 09:46:14 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
she can do just fine once she decides to, even if she throws away several years between 15 and 25.
Yeah, I suppose you are right, *if* she decides to.  I am worried she'll get pregnant, or get comfortable and dependent on someone who is not good for her, and then never get back on track.  She has not surrounded herself with people who will give her a good example to follow.

This is just not something I've ever had to deal with in my family.  I was the worst of my siblings but even I got it together in time for college.  When I got shipped off to boarding school there was just as much drugs and drinking but the difference in the environment was *all* of these kids were planning to go to college, and nearly all of them did.  I can see now that these "therapeutic" schools won't have that kind of effect.

Maybe we should just move to a different state. :-p

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2011, 10:16:05 PM »
Quote from: "Torn"
Thanks for the search tip, I am indeed finding more information on the program, and none of it good.
One of the nice things about the "Advanced search" function is that you can specify forum and/or poster, as well as a host of other things, e.g., narrowing it down to topic titles only and the like.

You can also perform a forum specific search by going to the actual forum itself and do a search using another search button located somewhat to the left just above the box of listed topics. An analogous search button is also thus located just above the block of posts within a topic for a topic specific search (some of these threads go on forever).

For specific quotes or article titles I usually do a site specific Google Advanced Search. I generally only make use of one or both of the first two blocks noted in their collection of parameters. Type in "fornits.com" (no quotes) for the site to point the search here.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2011, 10:22:54 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
Quote from: "quanat"
It becomes a soap box from which someone who has only the desire to present falsehoods to further their agenda can expound. Remember “Nigel”?
what is "nigel"?
You mean Niles? Where is Niles anyway?
Nigel= Program parent who tuned in regularly for a while to regale us with tales of the "progress" his son was making at (of all places) Aspen Ranch. A lot of contributors to that thread gave really great info and advice.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2011, 12:29:33 AM »
Niles doesn't post here anymore, he doesn't have time to deal with the bullshit.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...