Author Topic: What is a parent to do?  (Read 21334 times)

Offline Anon64

• View Profile
Re: What is a parent to do?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 09:27:23 PM »
A former student in a residential treatment facility is doing a question and answer session on reddit if you're interested.
http://http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/gtrdr/iama_survivor_of_wwasp_schools_tranquility_bay/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Reddit TroubledTeens

• View Profile
    • http://www.reddit.com/r/troubledteens
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 12:31:57 AM »
Thanks for posting the link, Anon64. It's a fantastic Q&A, the young man went to not only Tranquility Bay, which is indeed one of the most abusive, but also a more 'mainstream' therapeutic boarding school, Cross Creek Academy. He has a very intelligent and unique perspective, and is writing about both the good and the bad he saw those facilities.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 12:39:56 AM »
Balls.  :timeout:  :poison:  :clown:  :sue:  :roflmao:

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 07:41:46 AM »
Anne Bonney wrote:
Mark1986 is Whooter ??

Sure sounds like him.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 09:47:35 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Anne Bonney wrote:
Mark1986 is Whooter ??

Sure sounds like him.

It is.  And so are two other posters in this thread, the OP and "Brian".

Same shit, different day.  This whole thread is just a Whooter-troll. He's desperate to get reinstated so he can get his fix of revictimizing abuse survivors and promoting programs to which he refers.  If you are unhappy with Whooter's return to trolling Fornits, be sure to PM psy and express yourself.  And don't forget to remind him that Whooter is perma-banned and that he promised to ban "all future incarnations" of Whooter's aliases and sockpuppets.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2011, 10:26:18 AM »
Now we're up to four sockpuppets in this fake thread.  How wonderful.  I'm sure everyone really missed this.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »
Not me.

Anyway, I thought sockpuppetry wasn't allowed now (except for the OFFA forum).

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2011, 10:50:11 AM »
Take it to the admin, Frod.  Lodge a complaint.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2011, 11:59:19 AM »
I'll say this - if the OP is in fact a who sock pukeit it kinda pisses me off. I resent taking the time to respond to such a one as that.  If they are a "real" person it is wrong to accuse them but if you have access to behind the curtain knowledge and know this is a farce they should be banned.

Offline Torn

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »
Buzz, I appreciate your response and FYI my wife and I are now leaning toward therapy.  We were locked and loaded with two different programs and ready to pull the trigger on one of them.  I came here seeking another perspective because of my nagging doubts.  Your post, moreso than the rest, has had an impact.

As for DJ, Pile and the rest... get a life guys, I am not Whooter.  Is this how you treat everyone new here?  I can tell you that you're not helping.  if you market yourselves as raving lunatics, you undermine your own credibility.  I have no way to prove my identity without revealing personal information, and I have no intention of doing so.  Posts are all logged by IP address, right?  The site admins should be able to confirm I am not an alias.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2011, 01:33:35 PM »
Which two programs are you "locked and loaded with" and how did you arrive at that selection of those?
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline DKincaidCFS

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
Quote from: "Mitt Romney"
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
I'll say this - if the OP is in fact a who sock pukeit it kinda pisses me off. I resent taking the time to respond to such a one as that.  If they are a "real" person it is wrong to accuse them but if you have access to behind the curtain knowledge and know this is a farce they should be banned.

Its difficult to be a first time poster and come to a forum like fornits and ask for advice like Torn has.  If you feel the person should be banned if they are a sock puppet you should also want the person banned who accuses others without having the facts.  Why chase people away from this forum?  Why should we support posters like DJ maximillian etc who try to control all the dialog and decide who is legitimate and who isnt?  They post lists of aliases which have no bases or facts to support them.  I think it would be best for everyone and the forum if people take their suspicions to the admins via PM's vs feeding paranoia in each thread and chasing away every new guy that comes along.  That way if the OP is an imposter than the admins can handle it in a manner that best suits the forum or expose them at that time.
Whether the OP is an imposter or not does not matter to me personally because it generated a good discussion, but more importantly we should not risk chasing a new member of fornits off the board.

Oh, lordy.  Not this guy again.  I thought he was banned?

Offline Torn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2011, 01:47:40 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Which two programs are you "locked and loaded with" and how did you arrive at that selection of those?
One is a wilderness program in Utah, but we've already ruled that one out.  I am convinced these short and medium term programs have the potential to backfire, and I am particularly suspicious of any program in the state of Utah.  The fact so many are clustered there is a big red flag - exactly what does the state allow that others do not?

The other is a boarding school in a different state.  My selection was based on many hours of research (which is how I found this site).

One question in my mind is whether *all* of these programs are evil, or whether the sentiment in this forum is biased by the worst offenders (e.g. boot camps).  Clearly there are people who have demonstrated closed-mindedness here, i.e. those who have concluded I am Whooter.  If nobody new is allowed to post here without being harassed, maybe you should just close the site to new subscribers and have a circle jerk with those who share your opinions.

The boarding school has a facebook page and some of the graduates have posted positive comments about their experiences.  Of course I have no way to verify that these are actual students, but they sure look real.  I have not ruled out this option yet, but we have put it on hold.  We're going to take the advise of BuzzKill and others, give therapy a try (even if our daughter will not participate) and try to learn some new strategies and coping skills.  (Still think I'm Whooter?)

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
I’ve ignored the portions of this thread which are who-troll centric in an attempt to interact with you on the level. Your reply to my simple question reads as untruthful. Just an hour ago there were two programs and now suddenly you’ve whittled it down to having ruled out blah,blah, blah... The rest of your reply devolves from simply disingenuous to vulgar and inordinately hostile-- especially for someone pleading ignorance whilst feigning an open mind.

You have an odd hobby tandem troll. I’m bored of you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wK6fyNA ... re=related
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Torn

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2011, 02:36:09 PM »
Eh, you misread my posts then.  I submitted applications to two programs, we were accepted at both.  I was ready to call a service to pick her up but decided to do more research, applied to the second program.  The more I thought about it, the more I felt that the short term program was not for me.  Understand that this is all happening in real time.

Sorry if you don't like my attacks on the hypocrites here who fully exercise their first amendment rights and then turn around and try to censor anyone who threatens to disagree with them.  I don't recall labeling you as one of them.  This is a very stressful time for me and I came here seeking information and advise, and was immediately accused of being an alias for a notorious villain.  How do these people expect to help anyone with such tactics?

Write me off as a troll if you wish, I assure you I have no intention of being a fixture here.