Author Topic: Ridge Creek School - Arrest Warrants Issued for Students  (Read 2682 times)

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
Ridge Creek School - Arrest Warrants Issued for Students
« on: April 19, 2011, 03:03:06 PM »
How much more of a wake up call does Georgia and parents need????

RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL :  ACCORDING TO SOURCES, IN FEBRUARY OF 2011, IT IS ALLEGED THAT A MALE STUDENT WAS BEATEN BY FOUR MALE STUDENTS.  LCSO FINALLY ISSUED WARRANTS FOR THE ARREST OF THREE OF THE STUDENTS. APPROXIMATELY TWO MONTHS LATER, ON APRIL 18, 2011 ONE OF THE ALLEGED BATTERERS WAS ARRESTED AND DETAINED BY THE LCSO FOR “SIMPLE BATTERY.” THE STUDENT ARRESTED IS OVER 18 AND IS AN ADJUDICATED YOUTH  FROM THE WEST COAST OF FLORIDA, WHO WAS arrested and charged with robbery without a weapon and battery on a person 65-years of age or older IN FLORIDA.  IT IS REPORTED THAT HE WILL BE OUT ON BOND AND RETURN TO RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL TO GRADUATE IN MAY.  TWO  OF THE ALLEGED ASSAILANTS HAVE LEFT RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL, ONE OF WHOM WAS DUE TO GRADUATE THE SCHOOL IN MAY OF 2011, BUT LEFT RCS IN MARCH REPORTEDLY WITH DIPLOMA IN HAND. HE HAS RETURNED TO SOUTH FLORIDA.  ACCORDING TO SOURCES, THE THIRD STUDENT IS FROM NY, OVER 18 YEARS-OLD, AND DID NOT RETURN  AS SCHEDULED AFTER BREAK.  HIS WHEREABOUTS ARE UNKNOWN. WARRANTS WILL BE SERVED OUT OF STATE – ALL THREE ARE ADULTS UNDER GEORGIA LAW. THE FOURTH STUDENT IS A MINOR AND A WARRANT HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED.  THE DIVISION OF FAMILY AND CHILDREN SERVICES AND THE ORCC HAVE INVESTIGATED.  FINDINGS APPEAR CONTRADICTORY BETWEEN THE ORCC AND DFCS AT THE TIME OF THIS WRITING.  MORE TO FOLLOW…

“WE DON’T TAKE VIOLENT OR ADJUDICATED CHILDREN.”

THIS STATEMENT IS INTENTIONALLY FALLACIOUS, AND DAUNTING.

AGAIN…ORCC SURVEY REPORT 03-11-2011
http://167.193.144.170:7001/ORSINV/PDFS ... 6ES811.pdf

http://jilliestake.blogspot.com/2011/04 ... -more.html
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School - Arrest Warrants Issued for Students
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
ONE OF THE ALLEGED BATTERERS WAS ARRESTED AND DETAINED BY THE LCSO FOR “SIMPLE BATTERY.” THE STUDENT ARRESTED IS OVER 18 AND IS AN ADJUDICATED YOUTH FROM THE WEST COAST OF FLORIDA, WHO WAS arrested and charged with robbery without a weapon and battery on a person 65-years of age or older IN FLORIDA. IT IS REPORTED THAT HE WILL BE OUT ON BOND AND RETURN TO RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL TO GRADUATE IN MAY.
Might that be Alex Dessak, referred to in this post?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 01:29:34 PM »
It appears to be the same one....

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11591746

I'd like to see Leonard Buccellato's response to these arrests.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 03:32:40 PM »
Bond has been placed.  Now, it shall be interesting to see what Ridge Creek School does with the "adjudicated youth."  According to sources, if any of the youths allegedly involved in the battery are arrested, RCS stated the youths would be dismissed.  Well, after two months of LCSO hemmin' and hawin' over it all, one took off, never to return, the other split to Florida, that leaves just one who has returned yesterday on bond.  The other 'minor' is not being charged.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Teen charged in attempted purse snatching
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 04:34:31 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
ONE OF THE ALLEGED BATTERERS WAS ARRESTED AND DETAINED BY THE LCSO FOR “SIMPLE BATTERY.” THE STUDENT ARRESTED IS OVER 18 AND IS AN ADJUDICATED YOUTH FROM THE WEST COAST OF FLORIDA, WHO WAS arrested and charged with robbery without a weapon and battery on a person 65-years of age or older IN FLORIDA. IT IS REPORTED THAT HE WILL BE OUT ON BOND AND RETURN TO RIDGE CREEK SCHOOL TO GRADUATE IN MAY.
Might that be Alex Dessak, referred to in this post?
It appears to be the same one....

http://www.abc-7.com/Global/story.asp?S=11591746

I'd like to see Leonard Buccellato's response to these arrests.
Here's that article copied out, fwiw...

abc-7 WZVN-HD
Teen charged in attempted purse snatching

By Meaghan Smith
Posted: Monday, November 30, 2009 12:49 PM EST
Updated: Monday, November 30, 2009 4:53 PM EST

Alex Dessak

LEE COUNTY: A 69-year-old woman fought back and won when a teen tried to steal her purse in the parking lot of a local shopping center on Saturday, reports said.

Deputies say Marie McBride was walking in the parking lot of the Kmart on McGregor Boulevard when someone approached her from behind.

"I heard someone coming up behind me and he placed his hands on my shoulders," McBride said.

The suspect, later identified as 17-year old Alex Dessak, grabbed at McBride's purse. The two fought over the purse and Dessak fell when the strap of the purse broke, reports said.

"He was pulling with all he had, and I wouldn't let go of it," said McBride. "I didn't want to loose that purse."

Dessak then ran and got into the passenger side of a green Mustang convertible. The car then drove off, deputies said.

Around 12:30 a.m. the following morning, deputies pulled over a black Jeep on a traffic stop. One of the occupants matched the description of the purse snatching suspect, reports said.

Dessak and his passenger were both taken into custody. Dessak did not speak to deputies about the incident.

Dessak was arrested and charged with robbery without a weapon and battery on a person 65-years of age or older.

"Maybe it wasn't the right decision, but that was my first instinct and it worked out so I'm thankful," said McBride.

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2011 WorldNow and WZVN.