Author Topic: Memo suggests FBI had mole inside ABC News in 1990s  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Memo suggests FBI had mole inside ABC News in 1990s
« on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:45 PM »
By John Solomon and Aaron Mehta | April 05, 2011

A once-classified FBI memo reveals that the bureau treated a senior ABC News journalist as a potential confidential informant in the 1990s, pumping the reporter to ascertain the source of a sensational but uncorroborated tip that the network had obtained during its early coverage of the Oklahoma City bombing.

The journalist, whose name is not disclosed in the document labeled “secret,” not only cooperated but provided the identity of a confidential source, according to the FBI memo — a possible breach of journalistic ethics if he or she did not have the source’s permission.

The ABC employee was even assigned a number in the FBI’s informant database, indicating he or she was still being vetted for suitability as a snitch after providing “highly accurate and reliable information in the past” and then revealing information the network had obtained in the hours just after the 1995 terrorist attack by Timothy McVeigh.

The journalist “advised that a source within the Saudi Arabian Intelligence Service advised that the Oklahoma City bombing was sponsored by the Iraqi Special Services who contracted seven (7) former Afghani Freedom Fighters out of Pakistan,” an April 17, 1996 FBI memo states, recounting the then-ABC journalist’s interview with FBI agents a year earlier on the evening of the April 19, 1995 bombing. (The Iraqi connection, of course, never materialized.)

More: http://www.publicintegrity.org/articles/entry/3112
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Re: Memo suggests FBI had mole inside ABC News in 1990s
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
I recall hearing a discussion on terrorist where they said it takes about 10 years from first conception of a large event to the event taking place.  Guess who was visiting Pakistan in the mid-eighties - Who has ties to terrorist organizations and persons - And who has an enduring love affair going with the Media. . .

Just saying.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:32:49 PM »
Im really not shocked. I used to feel a certain amount of outrage about things. I ask myself all sorts of questions. Like why did 911 bombers learn to fly at Venice airport,in venice florida? Just for shits and grins,google" venice airport and the CIA".
I mean fuck me, and the whole of the okie city thing seems like a really easy answer,no? The truth is becoming more scarce by the minute .
 Dont get me started on the whole Waco thing either. ::deadhorse::
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 04:58:57 PM »
Consider also that Colin Powell's son forks for the F.C.C. and it becomes trite.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad