Author Topic: Teen Mentor (Costa Rica) shut down by authorities  (Read 17781 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Teen Mentor (Costa Rica) shut down by authorities
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2011, 06:51:59 AM »
Question:

Is mentors or whatever it is.. at the same location of Dundee? Or is it same country, new location?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Teen Mentor vs. Dundee Ranch Academy
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2011, 12:56:03 PM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Question:

Is mentors or whatever it is.. at the same location of Dundee? Or is it same country, new location?
I think Teen Mentor was at a different location, but I'm hardly the authority on this...

According to an article posted earlier in this thread, Teen Mentor and Dundee Ranch Academy were both located west of San José, albeit in different, perhaps neighboring, towns. Select quotes from "Costa Rica government closes controversial 'tough love' youth camp," emphasis added:

• Re. Teen Mentor: "The residents had been staying at the Hotel Carara in the town of Tárcoles de Garabito, in Puntarenas, west of San José near the Pacific Ocean.

• Re. Dundee Ranch Academy: "...the Dundee Ranch Academy in the town of Hidalgo, Orotina, west of San José."
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Rancho Dundee
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2011, 01:05:31 PM »
According to a webpage on Costa Rica Hotels, one can now vacation at the Dundee! :D

Dundee Ranch Hotel
    Rooms: 11 · Location: Orotina
    Phone: 428-8776/267-7371 · Fax: 267-7050[/list]

Obviously, Lichfield is still using part of that hotel for other purposes.

Offline depps

• View Profile
    « Reply #48 on: August 18, 2011, 05:42:45 PM »
    Rob used everything there for other purposes while i was there i remember many days where i cleaned the pool for work project so his kids could go swimming.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #49 on: August 18, 2011, 06:07:48 PM »
    Quote from: "depps"
    ok i will give you the facts right here my name is dallin. i was in mentor. all the rumors of abuse are completly true. but see bob had plenty to do with the operations of the school what he said went. on multiple occasions it was robs decision on how long i was in the intervention room i spent upto 3 days in there at once. i also saw rob tackle a student who was following his directions he then came and talked to some of the students to make it seem as if it was necessary. this school cant hold u once ur passed 18 and rob did not like that he tried telling me he wont give me my passport when i left i replied with have fun in prison i will report it stolen my passport was suddenly on school grounds. rob thought i was going to cause hell to his school so 5 days before my b day they moved me to another town an hour away and on my birthday they gave me a trashbag of my clothes and 3 dollars. luckily i was able to work and gain enough money to return. o wait did i mention i have not seen my laptop we paid for my digital camera or the most important one my birth certificate. Rob you ruined my life and u knew u were doing it you fed us bullshit. you asked me personally what food i was allergic to and disliked ha i should of known u would pull something my meals for the next week consisted of the only two foods i named. after these other students made it home i was still stranded in another country. Rob told me i would not make it 2 hours on my own and said it is gonna be embarrassing when i came back hahaha guess what Rob i told u from day one im not doing ur bullshit and it worked out for me i worked my ass off mixing concrete for 2 dollars an hour but anything is better then mentor teen. btw Rob nina is a BABE haha
    Geez. He sounds kinda vindictive...

Offline depps

• View Profile
    « Reply #50 on: August 18, 2011, 06:45:05 PM »
    wouldn't you be? this man ruined my life. i will personally testify against him in court. i will even take a lie detector test. you read the article and it says all but one student made it back to his parents... Im that student. they did not care about us i mean to make it even harder then just walkin into a different country this asshole took me to a different city cus he said it would make his school look bad. yeah he really cares about helping kids.

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
    « Reply #51 on: August 18, 2011, 07:02:23 PM »
    FWIW, I really don’t think that comment was about you. Rather, it comes across that the mistreatment you experienced and the general behavior of Rob as described by you is what’s been remarked upon rather aptly as vindictive.

I’m very glad you made it out of there in spite of all you were subjected to.
    “A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline depps

• View Profile
    « Reply #52 on: August 18, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »
    thank you very much it was difficult but i proved you dont need a program

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
    « Reply #53 on: August 18, 2011, 07:19:54 PM »
    I wonder what your parents have to say about all this now?  I also wonder if you have contacted an attorney or law firm? If you have not already done so and think you would like to, firm me off a private message and I'll give you some contact info.

Offline depps

• View Profile
    « Reply #54 on: August 18, 2011, 07:28:48 PM »
    my parents dont talk about it they thought i was lying. they told me not to call if i left the school so i didnt. i have not contacted one but if there is a case i will testify i personally saw Rob tackle a new student for no reason i was shoved to the ground multiple times locked in dark rooms for hours/days. actually i have the most hours in solitary confinement. i talked to my parents 1 time when iwas there i told them it was wack and an administrator grabbed the phone and said i was just upset. i moved rocks on the beach for hours. overall it was them taking the money and giving us shit to do cus they had nothing for us to do all day.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    « Reply #55 on: August 18, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »
    Quote from: "Inculcated"
    FWIW, I really don't think that comment was about you. Rather, it comes across that the mistreatment you experienced and the general behavior of Rob as described by you is what’s been remarked upon rather aptly as vindictive.

I’m very glad you made it out of there in spite of all you were subjected to.
    Yes, thank you, Inculcated. I should have said, "Rob Lichfield sounds kinda vindictive," and my meaning would have been crystal clear.  :nods:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
    « Reply #56 on: August 18, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
    Quote from: "depps"
    my parents dont talk about it they thought i was lying. they told me not to call if i left the school so i didnt. i have not contacted one but if there is a case i will testify i personally saw Rob tackle a new student for no reason i was shoved to the ground multiple times locked in dark rooms for hours/days. actually i have the most hours in solitary confinement. i talked to my parents 1 time when iwas there i told them it was wack and an administrator grabbed the phone and said i was just upset. i moved rocks on the beach for hours. overall it was them taking the money and giving us shit to do cus they had nothing for us to do all day.

Well, I could try to "talk" to your folks if you'd like. I could explain a little about the long history of exactly the type of abuse you describe.  Do send me a private message and I'll give you some contact info you might find helpful.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #57 on: August 19, 2011, 12:22:50 AM »
    Is Marvin the Narvin involved in this redux version of Gitmo Dundee or is he too busy recovering from his recent anal pillaging in prison?

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
      • Secret Prisons for Teens
    « Reply #58 on: August 19, 2011, 03:19:39 AM »
    Mentor was located at the beach. Dundee not. Mentor was a former hotel. We were able to locate people who have booked stays at the hotel only to learn from us that the owners had rented the place out to Lichfield.

Dundee is still in operation but with few students and I guess that they are used as cheap labor dealing with the horses which has the only attention by Narvin Lichfield these days. It is not very much of a program. They open school books from time to time but the rest of the time is done with farming. He has left South Carolina and it is all about spending his time with the daughters in Costa Rica. He has either retired or he is waiting until the economy is better.

Robert Lichfield has a closed Mentor School with a worthless lease he has to deal with. Cross Creek Programs has low enrollment so he got Jade Robinson to move his operations for the boys up from Nevada. Down in Nevada they have a water dispute and they were too many living there so they had to get water in from outside. Expensive and we all now that they dont spend a dime on the kids if they can avoid it, so for now the male population from the program in Nevada is living on the Cross Creek main campus.

All the buildings in St. George which have housed Cross Creek programs over the time is for sale if someone want them. Check the local newspaper.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
    Comments: "Parents revile Teen Mentor, others claim..."
    « Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 11:46:48 AM »
    A few more comments were recently left on the (most recent) above article, "Parents revile Teen Mentor, others claim program's value" (by Adam Williams; April 01, 2011; Tico Times), #s 14-15:

teena suarez · Saturday August 06 2011
      How can they say that its just angry manipulative kids? Students of WWASP currently in their 30s have the worst accounts of their expericences. I encourage any parent considering one of these programs to talk to former students who graduated from the facility various amounts of years ago. Not the ones they refer you to... Try facebook and search for groups related to the program you are considering. AND NEVER SEND YOUR CHILD OUT OF YOUR COUNTRY, especially if they can't freely contact you or the embassy...
    teena suarez · Saturday August 06 2011
      Also, if the Litchfields owned a chain of resturants that kept getting closed down for health violations, would you go to one of their other locations? What if they promised it was the best food of your life? Just a thought...

# # #