Author Topic: Movie "Over the GW"  (Read 3255 times)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
Movie "Over the GW"
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »
What program is this movie/documentary based on. This has got to be some of the sickest shit I have ever seen. I could not even watch it all at one time, I had to break at down in three viewing, not planned.
This is a documentary Molly should see, I am just not sure if Hyde is like this.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Movie "Over the GW"
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 04:26:36 PM »
I thought it was based on straight inc. you know the flapping arms for motivating and the blue chairs.  Wrong? Anyway I already suggested it along with the book help at any cost to Molly. I hope she picks them up.
I still can't find a copy of aaron bacon.
?©?€~¥@

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 07:00:16 PM »
Well if you have a P.O. Box I could mail to you. Pm me if your interested.

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 08:42:30 PM »
I wish someone from Straight Inc. would comment on this and tell me if they were made to do this sick shit. It is very disturbing to say the least.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 09:16:47 PM »
Quote from: "heretik"
I wish someone from Straight Inc. would comment on this and tell me if they were made to do this sick shit. It is very disturbing to say the least.

Oh yeah, but on a larger scale, at least while Newton was in charge.  Straight had a room packed with 200-300 kids at a time, KIDS I think had a population of around fifty inmates, though I could be mistaken.  Maybe a KIDS survivor will be able to clarify that.

That being said, as far as I know, the longest sentence endured by anyone in Straight  was just over three years, whereas at least one KIDS client spent THIRTEEN YEARS under Newton's control.  Also, at Straight, Newton still had to answer to folks like Sembler who were signing his pay checks.......no such constraints on his criminal, child-abusing antics at KIDS.

Straight was fucked up from the start, but Newton, in his evil genius, contrived to make it even more abusive and horrifying.  KIDS had to be even worse than that, 'cause Newton had free rein to indulge his sick whims with no one to answer to but his own fucked-up self.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline mlg81

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 10:07:56 PM »
Ive read it was based on KIDS of Bergen County.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:08 AM »
I watched GW with a couple of folks who went to Straight.   I hope to see similar films providing a visceral experience.

Still, I think that the movie gives a fraction of how bad it really was. It was an incredible foray, and I'm looking forward to more films to build upon it.  

Straight exacted a level of total control that left no room for dignity or self respect. My understanding is that Kids was the same.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 01:00:12 AM »
Quote from: "mlg81"
Ive read it was based on KIDS of Bergen County.
It was, the name of the Program director (Hiller Newton) is a portmonteau of Miller Newton and Hitler...
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Awake

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 02:07:49 AM »
Saw it. Definitely good, expressed some of the unbelievable stuff that has taken place. I may have wanted a bit more depth and detail, but good, and I felt it was portrayed realistically.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »
Another good video. I don't recall seeing this posted here before
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=10d_1200886926
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 07:30:36 AM »
Or 2007 Movie "boot camp". I believe this is based on paradise cove.
?©?€~¥@

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 04:59:17 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
Quote from: "heretik"

Oh yeah, but on a larger scale, at least while Newton was in charge.  Straight had a room packed with 200-300 kids at a time, KIDS I think had a population of around fifty inmates, though I could be mistaken.  Maybe a KIDS survivor will be able to clarify that.

That being said, as far as I know, the longest sentence endured by anyone in Straight  was just over three years, whereas at least one KIDS client spent THIRTEEN YEARS under Newton's control.  Also, at Straight, Newton still had to answer to folks like Sembler who were signing his pay checks.......no such constraints on his criminal, child-abusing antics at KIDS.

Straight was fucked up from the start, but Newton, in his evil genius, contrived to make it even more abusive and horrifying.  KIDS had to be even worse than that, 'cause Newton had free rein to indulge his sick whims with no one to answer to but his own fucked-up self.

RTP2003,
Man to you and all your brethren I just want to say I am so sorry you had to endure this torture. There is just no other word for it. How can anybody in their right mind and compassionate heart think this would help anyone. How.....please tell me.
I am still sick over it. My wife was crying for Christ sake.
I tell you I watched this and wondered if I even belonged here as a member, I can not relate. I went to Marathon House which Phoenix House bought. I mean they neglected to give me a education and we had to scrounge for food sometimes but what I saw in that movie was a systematic,organized, thoroughly scheduled (no minute of the day wasted) torture fest. A total beat down, stripped of any diginity it was a fucking holocaust. That's it a fucking holocaust. They were killing you and made that happen in many instances.
I just don't know if anything I could say could change how you Straightlings must feel when you reminiscence about this hell.
I salute you all from my heart.

heretik