Author Topic: thought reform  (Read 5475 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
thought reform
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
here we go again...just when I thought your meds were keeping you stable...

I am NOT A FREEMASON.

I haven't spoke to my Friend Wes Fager in over a year.

Happy?  Go compulse over someone else.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
thought reform
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
I'm lost here.  What are they talking about.  Could someone please fill me in?  Thank you???? ::bwahaha::  :grin:  :grin:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
thought reform
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
nothing much to really fill you in on Cleveland. This guy was in the seed and also in life.

He comes here from time to time. He has a mental disorder that is being treated. Once in a while he believes we are freemasons and cult members, other times he is lucid and doesn't think that.  Sometimes he is pro-seed, other times anti-seed. Once in a while I get long incoherent rants in my email from him full of cursing and rambling about the freemasons, of which I have never and never will be a member.  My good friend Wes Fager is.

Sometimes he is annoying, and other times just irritating.

Whatever...you have to take the good with the bad on a forum such as this.

Offline marshall

• View Profile
thought reform
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 10:23:00 PM »
Here's a couple of links regarding that ex-gay brainwashing camp that I mentioned a few weeks ago. Lots of parallels to the Seed rules, etc. In the second link, someone even mentions the Straight program.

http://www.mikeditto.com/archives/kudos ... _coalition

http://talkleft.com/new_archives/011068.html

As I've said, this sort of technique can be used for nearly any kind of personality modification...creating good communists, good little heterosexuals, good little antidrugees...whatever your heart desires. I'm sure you could also use the same method to 'create' committed drug users too. Nah, there's no similarity to stalinist mind-control techniques...right. Scary stuff.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline marshall

• View Profile
thought reform
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »
Brainwashing & "Education Reform"

Strategies used in China and other Communist countries as described by Edward Hunter in his 1956 book:

Edward Hunter based most of the following observations on personal interviews with victims of the Chinese "education reform".
Quotes from some of the victims regarding their experiences:

"Meetings were being held in vacant rooms and open spaces wherever a group could gather to discuss, self-criticize, and confess."
Others had confessed the same as he. Everyone couldn't be wrong. Could they? Weren't they all one team A collectivity."
"They work then on persuading the prisoner to rid his mind of the 'bourgeois poison' he had been carrying about of seeing good on all sides! That is patently ridiculous, they point out to this weary mind. Their patient then is taught that there is good only on one side, that the other is 'all bad' and the enemy."
"Even when he stands by himself, the truly indoctrinated communist must be part of the collectively. He must be incapable of hearing opposing ideas and facts, no matter how convincing or how forcibly they bombard his senses."
"So long as the individual submits unquestioningly, he is what is referred to as a "disciplined Party member."
"Brainwashing is a very intricate manipulation, more like a treatment than a formula."
 "'Learning' and 'confession' are inseparable from brainwashing. Everyone has to participate in them, whether a party member or not. Learning means only political teaching from the communist standpoint. Confession is an integral part of the rites. In China there are no exceptions from it for anyone, any more than for attendance at "learning" classes. The retention of his own individuality by a single person is recognized as a deadly menace by the whole monolithic structure."

From an interview with the author (mr. Hunter):

"The Communist interrogators, as the brainwashers called themselves, sought to remove a man?s trust in his own side, and to convince him that he was being let down and even betrayed by his own country and relatives, especially by his wife or girl friend. The Reds sought to deprive him of all hope. Once they could accomplish this, they presented themselves to him as his new friends, as ?Big Brother,? who would always stand by him through thick and thin, who would always love him.
Confession is a form of submission, and was so recognized in early language. Confession accustoms the individual to surrender his integrity as well as his body.
The inquisitors gave our men nothing to think of except communism. How were out boys to know that this was one of the Red techniques to break them down?
 They deprived all these men of reading matter except what was pro-Red...
 They were first seduced into accepting something superficial about communism with which they agreed, which they would admit was good. They had no way of checking up. The indoctrinators depended on their one-sided control of information and their doctrinal skill in subterfuge and doubletalk to soon have these men admitting that white was black, and war was peace, in the semantics of the Newspeak language described with such genius by George Orwell in his book, 1984.
No man has ever been brainwashed whose mind has not first been put into a fog. That is the objective of all the Red pressures from group hunter to a ?study group.? The patient first has to be deprived of his bearings, to be shaken loose from whatever belief and convictions he formerly held, until he loses faith in them entirely.
So long as people do what they are told, and go through the verbalisms and motions attached to belief, that is satisfactory to a power faction such as the Kremlin constitutes. This is the immediate short-range objective.
A certain element must become deeply indoctrinated, especially those who have thrown their interests irrevocably into the Red camp, and these constitute the activists, the hard core of the party. They are a small minority, and the constant purges even in their ranks shows how untrustworthy even these are.
Indoctrination in the majority of cases does not bring about true belief, but only submission."
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
thought reform
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »
Whatever...you have to take the good with the bad on a forum such as this.

NO DOUBT... B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Whoops, not Gwen Stefani...time to go to bed now :rofl: Hey, I'm on the (W)BEST Coast

(just wanted to lighten things up a bit...)
bid you peace!

Offline Napolean Bonafart

• View Profile
    • http://electriclarryland.spaces.live.com/lists/
thought reform
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 03:54:00 AM »
What can I say? Richard Nixon opened the door to China back then. Seems as though he had a cancer on his administration. Yours truly? Yes and plenty of others.

A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.

--Anonymous

Well my mother lives on the street and just shows up in hospitals when I'm near death._________________Donna.......... she can go to Hell, she's not even related to me.
"Mine Eyes have seen the Glory of The Coming Of The Lord"[ This Message was edited by: The Root Of Jesse on 2005-08-22 00:57 ]
quot;Thank you peanut gallery\"