Author Topic: Anyone Out There From Ft. Pierce?  (Read 1736 times)

Offline StartingToRemember

• View Profile
Anyone Out There From Ft. Pierce?
« on: August 21, 2005, 06:49:00 PM »
I found this site just a few days ago.

I can only read through a page or two at a time because of the depth of formerly buried feelings, thoughts and memories it is bringing up.

I was tricked into the Seed in Ft. Pierce in 1974.  I had always thought I had been court-ordered but, after reading other posts, wonder if it was a seed-propigated lie told to me by my parents.

I had been ordered into a group therapy thing for druggies and was ok with that cause our 'leader' would get high with us after the sessions.

A few weeks into that I got expelled from school and ran away from home.  I guess while I was gone my folks were contacted by some Seed parents because the day I returned home, I was taken away.

My parents said that since I had missed some of the group therapy sessions, I had  to go see one of the juvenile counselors.  I thought it odd when my mom got in the back seat with me.

When we turned onto I-95, I knew I was getting hosed.  They told me I was going to the seed.  I started trying to get out of the car and actually hit my mom.  I literally felt like I was fighting for my life as I'd seen old friends come back from Ft. Pierce and sure didn't want to be like them.

My dad stopped the car and I jumped out.  He tackled me and then he and my mom literally tied my ankles and hands together.  At the time, I remember a trucker slowing down and I was screaming for him to help me.  A few miles later, the same trucker was heading back north as my dad sped south.  I remember praying that he had gotten the plate and had called the cops.  I wanted someone to rescue me.

I'v blocked out a lot of the intake.  I do remember Billy yelling at me about something and telling him that he wouldn't be such an asshole if he could accept being a midget.

I don't remember much after that until day 14 when I ran away.

Is there anyone else out there who was in Ft. Pierce in 1974? I lived in Brevard County and can remember a few names:  Viva C.; Debbie & Lenny C.; Vicky; Steve S.; Tony B.; I'd love to chat with you.  Email me at [email protected]

It is mind-bending to me how I can remember so many specific details about my life but have stuffed away much of my time at the hell hole formerly known as the seed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »
Welcome! So what happened next? Did you go home? Did they let you stay home?

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.
-- Ashleigh Brilliant

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline StartingToRemember

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
No, sadly I was dragged back the next day by two very determined and very brainwashed parents.  They did, however, let me, take care of some much needed bathroom time first.

A few hours after my return, I was stood up and reamed in chicks rap.  All I remember about that is just staring over people's heads and trying to tune them out.  I guess I was finally allowed to sit down cause next thing I remember is getting sent home with another oldcomer named Toni.  I was scared to death when I met her because she was big and scary-looking but actually turned out to be pretty kind.

I honestly don't remember a whole lot about Ft. Pierce itself other than it seemed a lot more laid back then Ft. Lauderdale plus the food was excellent.  I actually gained weight there.

The staffers I remember from Ft. Pierce include that ridiculous little jerk, Billy; Anne-who was tall, young, had long hair, smoked like a fiend and was always digging some sort of mascara goop out of her eyes; there was a petite, dark-haired lady named Robin who seemed ok; Scott from NY who was the only one who ever treated me with real interest and kindness-he had a decent sense of humor...I think that is all I remember of the Ft. Pierce crew at this time.  Since I've found this site bits and pieces of things are coming back to mind.

I also remember the first day I was introduced and Billy le shrimp asked if anyone had done drugs with me.  All these people stood up.  I found it incredulous and ridiculous.  I had only gotten high with a couple of them and knew of the others but there they were standing up lying their heads off.

Is this how politicians start? :smile:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
welcome!

Yes, when my sister and I went to the seed, about half the kids stood up and said they did drugs with us....a ridiculous notion for sure.  I remember standing up later anytime a kid would come in that I had even heard of!

Why? Hell I don't remember why, but I think the culture of the place was that you would win "brownie points" for any type participation, no matter what it was. For me I always had my mind on getting out...

I never met billy but have heard varying things about him.

Take care. I look forward to your partipation.

Greg

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
On 2005-08-21 17:55:00, StartingToRemember wrote:

I also remember the first day I was introduced and Billy le shrimp asked if anyone had done drugs with me.  All these people stood up.  I found it incredulous and ridiculous.  I had only gotten high with a couple of them and knew of the others but there they were standing up lying their heads off.

Is this how politicians start? :smile:

"

Well,let's hope the politicians don't start out like this.  But then, hopes are to be dashed -all ya gotta do is look to our great leader, "W", to see the proper way to deal with unpleasant subjects like past or present drug use.  Simply refuse to talk about it. Don't dignify it with a response.  Then at least your public face is in step with your "religious values" and you're not so much a liar as you are ....a self-righteous fool.  Just my humble take on someone I consider a preety big idiot.

On a more serious note, I think it's true that to some extent, we were all forced to be liars.  Either to lie about ourselves, lie about our experiences, or, as you have pointed out, lie about the "experiences" of others.  

Say what you will about this great and helpful confessional/confrontation "tool" of the seed, I was not a liar before I was put in there.  And just to clarify: before my folks put me in theseed, when I was confronted about using "drugs" I did, in fact, tell them what I was doing - smoking pot.)  

After being put in the seed, when I lied, AND I DID, it was about the "extent" of my own drug-use experiences because no one would have believed me otherwise.          

I really do hope you have a wonderful journey remembering all that the experience was and that you are successful in keeping it in perspective. As in...it is in the past. You might get kind of pissed off for a while - go through the basic greiving process (denial, anger, something, something, acceptance). I did and still am.

If I've learned anything here, it's that the seed was just another experience on the road of life.  The seed was neither the end result nor the greatest accomplishment of my life journey. So much more than being "warehoused"goes into making us the people we are today.

Stripe

Offline ScrewUp 74

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2005, 10:57:00 PM »
I was there in 74. I remember a lot of the kids that were there then. I  went in around january of 74. I remember Debbie and Lenny and also Diane and Denaige(sp). Lenny split though. I think Debbie and Mark S. got married.

The first link is to a picture that was in the post in the second link below. I was probably there that nite. The black staff member on the side is Jackie R... I recognize Mark and Steve S..... parents sitting on the front row on the end.

http://fornits.com/anonanon/theseed/ima ... de3-sm.jpg

http://fornits.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php? ... forum=8&16