Author Topic: Any CEDU Parents, KIDS, Staff out there? Want to talk?  (Read 12178 times)

Offline mand45

• View Profile
Any CEDU Parents, KIDS, Staff out there? Want to talk?
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2004, 10:15:00 AM »
Totally right,

Throughout Cedu there was an extreme power struggle going between the therapist and staff allies and the old school staff that did not want to change things.  I can remember addressing the yelling and the disrespect people endured.  Essentially being told to be quiet or else.  All you can do is try to protect children in the environment and work to change staff beliefs  A corporation tends to take on a life of its own, a separate entity, and just like animals; it will protect itself from change.  For former students who are resentful of their stay there....fight to change it.  Don't sit there and critize from afar.  Get involved, get proactive, finish your education and manifest change.  When trying to change something, its good to have energy on it but the reality is systems resist change.  There needs to be a coordinated effort in the state policy.  Its easy to be angry and resentful.  Its harder to do something positive with it.

Good luck

Mand45
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Maximus

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Maximus on 2004-05-12 17:43 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
i am an ex BCA student currently filing a lawsuit against cedu for the time i was there...we have several ex students an amazing lawyer and staff testifying for us...if you are interested in becoming part of this please contact me...all ex staff and students are welcome to join.  email me at [email protected] or IM me at jmg532

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2004, 11:53:00 PM »
I don't trust anyone who fishes for identities here.  Please give us the name of your attorney.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2004, 03:39:00 AM »
Yep. The attorney. I don't need CEDU ruining my career. Paranoid? You bet!

On 2004-04-19 20:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I don't trust anyone who fishes for identities here.  Please give us the name of your attorney."

Offline iknowcedulies

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »
i was a victim of them from 82-85  i can tell you everything  it is a cult and a scam  they were last spotted running cascade academy in southern california  they shut down whenever they cannot extort any more money out of states.  look at the estate of mel wasserman  he put all his assets in a foundation to avoid paying income taxes and payroll taxes  ex staff and current staff who are moles can tell you this.  if they threaten to sue you ignore them they never show up for court.

Offline iknowcedulies

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
i will talk to you i was a victim of wasserman and allgoods in the 80s in running springs  it is sick that wassermans widow has millions of dollars that he stole from states  he kept double books and hid everything in a foundation so he could avoid taxes and build a new house for himself  when he was confronted with the truth all he cared about was his house  all meltzer and allgood care about is covering there ass  i know a mole who is still inside there operation  they were last operating as cascade academy in southern california  but they cut and run when the heat is on. they will pop up again though reply to me

Offline iknowcedulies

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »
cedu will not ruin your career  they just threaten but they never show up for court because then their criminal records become public yes many of them are felons and that is why they never go to court to fight  they blow smoke up everyones ass  they know they are a scam and there are still moles in the operation

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »
Mel is dead

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »
On 2004-04-12 07:15:00, mand45 wrote:

"Totally right,

Throughout Cedu there was an extreme power struggle going between the therapist and staff allies and the old school staff that did not want to change things.  I can remember addressing the yelling and the disrespect people endured.  Essentially being told to be quiet or else.  All you can do is try to protect children in the environment and work to change staff beliefs  A corporation tends to take on a life of its own, a separate entity, and just like animals; it will protect itself from change.  For former students who are resentful of their stay there....fight to change it.  Don't sit there and critize from afar.  Get involved, get proactive, finish your education and manifest change.  When trying to change something, its good to have energy on it but the reality is systems resist change.  There needs to be a coordinated effort in the state policy.  Its easy to be angry and resentful.  Its harder to do something positive with it.

Good luck

Mand45"

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Antibody? on 2004-05-12 16:59 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
I went to northwest for about 14 months and then got moved to cedu high (dont even complain about nwa if you haven't been to cedu high) but that was because of all the staff changes, i guess it was in may of 2001.  anyhow, i was pretty screwed up before i got sent there and something there helped me and other things were really fucked up about the place.  and you hear all these stories about how, in conception, the idea and core beliefs were really amazing.  so what i want to know is (i'm studying alternative education) if there are really schools out there that anyone knows of that are worthwhile, honest and not as destructive.

if you know of any
or anything

write me
[email protected]

thanks so much
cody/rose clevidence

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
"cedu will not ruin your career they just threaten but they never show up for court because then their criminal records become public yes many of them are felons and that is why they never go to court to fight they blow smoke up everyones ass they know they are a scam and there are still moles in the operatio"
what's the basis of this statement?
i went to cedu ms and hs in so cal from 1996-1999.
anybody who wants to ask any questions, or whatever, feel free..
my name is laura solomon, my email is [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2004, 08:16:00 PM »
Mel Wasserman was the biggest liar ever. All he cared
about was his own wealth. He pretended to care about the "kids" and their relationships so they would believe him and follow him but he was no different than the Nazi's he claimed to despise. He tried to lay guilt trips on everyone and he would always blame the victim. When i was a counselor there he would believe his own lies. He would convince himself that he had done nothing wrong and that he was the victim. One other staff told me that he was a sociopath who believed his own lies. Wasserman thought he helped everyone even the kids he molested. that is how much of a liar he was. i was told that when dealing with him you have to read between the lines. All the money he stole from his victims is in the hands of his widow who never did anything but complain. i suggest everyone sue brigette wasserman.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »
cascade academy was in whitmore, ca in northern california  they shut down because one of the parents found out they were using his daughter for sex and threatened to go to the cops. when i was there the motto was "we have to use the kids for something" another was all you are supposed to care about is yourself so abuse the kids as much as you want.