Author Topic: Life Update 5/14/02  (Read 1430 times)

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
Life Update 5/14/02
« on: May 14, 2002, 09:47:00 AM »
As those I converse with faily regularly know, my life is rather hectic.  It changes constantly.  IT's kinda like going to White Sands (El Paso reference)...  It's never the same on any two given days...
That's actually a good thing, as I don't get bored....

I've been where I'm at now for a year.  Haven't been travelling as much lately.  I did, however score a trip to Vegas right around my birthday on the company.  There just happens to be a trade show there...
It all started about a month ago...  One of the bosses (there are 3...  It's only a 35 person company) needed a volunteer to review new equipment and see what works and stuff.  I stepped up.
So here's this convention in Vegas right 'round my birthday where people can hawk their wares to me.  In Vegas no less.
Needless to say, I asked my boss and she likes the idea.  Now I just have to iron out dates.  But it's still cool to get a trip to Vegas for your birthday. :smile:

My mom is OK.  That seems to be the big question.  When she got back to El Paso in January, she got checked out by her doctor.  Once concern was that she'd had a heart attack.  On Christmas Eve, no less.
Well, when all was said & done, she did not have a heart attack.  The hyperventilation and such was from being three days without her blood pressure medication (stolen by the muggers) and taking a rather nasty forearm to the chest.
So she's got a clean billof health and bouncing back rather nicely.
Red Roof Inn, where she was staying that was making every effort to be uncooperative is going to get a bill of all the "incidental" expenses from this whole ordeal (doctor's copays, extra insulin, ER visit at an out-of-network hospital, etc.) plus a little extra tacked on.  I think she deserves it.

Anyhow.  I'm the early guy at work.  I've got a voicemail to answer, coffee to brew and a new Far Side to read.

Enjoy.  And I'll be in touch more.  Promise.  :smile:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat