Author Topic: Hello everybody !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10814 times)

Offline DKM84

• View Profile
Hello everybody !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2002, 12:06:00 PM »
I remember it, it was the big room, I just wanted to be sure, we did raps in there and everything, they had the back area set up for offices for a long tine in the begining.
Yeah, I remember the gate, we used to get a lot of traffic yelling back then, I always thought it was funny, even people come on the program and say, I used to drive by and yell and stuff, some people even got shot at,
I did the gate a few time's, I loved it, cause I didn't have to be in group.
remember what Art would drive in then, That long black limo, with robert chung driving.
I guess roberts still taking him were he wants to go, from what I hear.
Good to know some of still survived from way back then.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2002, 12:36:00 PM »

remember what Art would drive in then, That long black limo, with robert chung driving.

Reminds me of a movie I once saw;

driving Mr. Artie

Serious, he used to be driven in a black limo?
Naw, it wasn't a cult....

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
For John_Ft.Pierce, this brings an old thread back to the top. , note the date is was originally posted. More than three years before scumbag Underwood showed up on this site.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
I spoke w/ JU on the phone the other day. We talked of mice and kings and many things for about an hour till I had to go pick up my daughter from work. At some point in that conversation, I asked him if he had ever considered that he had been so cloistered in the whole thing that his perceptions of it were warped. He said no, never considered it. Probably never will.

R.I.P. Big Frank

In no instance have . . . the churches been guardians of the liberties of the people.
--James Madison, U.S. President

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline FueLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
Excellent point Ginger. It only proves what folks like you and Greg have been posting about for a number of years. These people are so close minded, and sheltered from the real world while in the program, they never considered that they might have a few things wrong. That is part of the whole cult mentality. The cult has it right and the rest of the world is just plain wrong.

When you read Underwood's post it smacks of total arrogance. It is like he has things figured out and the rest of the world doesn't have a clue. The fact of the matter is the clueless ones are the Underwood's, Chun's, Libby's, & Barkers of the world.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
I must make a comment here. I spoke to John for about two hours the other day on the phone before he posted.

Like him, hate him, blame him or praise him...I don't care.

But know this...John told me in no uncertain terms that he knew many mistakes were made, that Art Barkers ego was way over the top, That the rules at the seed were way to harsh for young kids, That He understood how the seed could have been very traumatic for people like me, and that the entire seed staff focused on Art Barker instead of the Seed, and many other things that someone firmly entrenched in cultic mentality could never have said.

Also don't forget that the seed used him up and spit him out for the very same reason it did many of us, because we decided to assert some independent thinking.

I think his post was brave. I am not going to say I agree with everything he said, but I am glad he said it and wish he would say more.  There are stil unanswered questions.

Offline JaLong

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
I've been sitting here reading all the posts about John and his post, and all posts you started about John's post. Ya know, I've been shaking my head reading all the comments. Sure the "Seed sucked", yes it messed me up in some ways too. Yet, it got me off of all the dope I was doing. I too was full of fear, and would hide behind people so I wouldn't be "called on". I just feel a lot of people haven't let go of the past yet. I was in there for 10 1/2 months starting in July of 73. I didn't know how to function on the "outside" when I graduated. I know, because of my ego I messed up some of my newcomers. Who was I to "raise" young kids I didn't even know, lest know my own self.
 I understand everyone had their own unigue experience in the Seed, yet why is there so much hostility, anger, and resentment still??? I let go a long time ago. All of my resentments weren't hurting anyone but myself. If Art has some guilt, fine. He messed up hundreds, if not thousands of young kids. Now almost 50 myself, and I got re-programmed with the help of a therapist, I don't live in the past anymore. The past is gone. I only have today, and I'm not guaranteed tomorrow. I appreciate this site, and I understand that people are still hurt by the whole experince of the Seed, but I don't feel hostility towards others who post is necessary. This is just MY opinion. I'm not dogging anyone nor this site. I think this site is vital, and I'm grateful someone told me about it. For now, I'm grateful to have survived the Seed, and life is good. Take care everyone.
Julie

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2005, 12:20:00 PM »
Well, Julie, I can only speak for myself. I'm nowhere near as angry and hostile as some people seem to think. I am, however, interested in bringing about open discussion about the methods employed by The Seed.

Even though your lilly white ass is now safe and sound and your shrink was able to help you mitigate some of the damage. Good to hear it! But there are several thousand kids right now undergoing physical and psyche abuse by exactly the methods use in The Seed. I think that if the scam were to become common knowledge, as the clams and Mormons are understood in Europe, then fewer people will fall for the scam.

I hope that, one day, local authorities will actually enforce laws against child abuse as practiced under the guise of TC style treatment. Right now, I'd be satisfied w/ just eliminating public funding and court coercion. One important aspect of carrying that off is dispelling the myth that the TC method is proven safe and effective and based in good science. It is not. As a publicly funded, law enforcement and court supported treatment for raging adolescance, it is largely based on Art's bullshit.

I think people should know that.

When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=william+blake' target='_new'>William Blake

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2005, 12:30:00 PM »
BTW, if this is all so boring and unimportant, why invest the time to read it?

My initial response was to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized that I had no character.
-- Charles Barkley, on hearing Tonya Harding proclaim herself "the Charles Barkley of figure skating"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
Lilly White??? I did not know that...
still pretty cute for 50 though... :razz:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
Ginger, can't you say a decent thing to someone without putting them down.  Does every response need to contain a blast of hostility and anger.  Geez.  You were doing okay, patting her on the back until you punched her in the mouth.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
Forget about the kids who are being munched up right now? After all, we're all ok and that's all that matters?

Sorry if it offends you. But I find that sort of thinking to be shocking and contemptable.

BTW, what's so insulting about reference to one's lilly white ass? I have one too, ya know. I just don't think mine is any more important than anyone else's.

One does not have to appeal to God to set the initial conditions for the creation of the universe, but if one does He would have to act through the laws of physics.
--Stephen Hawking, English scientist

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
Mine is nicely tanned.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2005, 12:52:00 PM »
On 2005-08-13 09:01:00, JaLong wrote:

"I've been sitting here reading all the posts about John and his post, and all posts you started about John's post. Ya know, I've been shaking my head reading all the comments. Sure the "Seed sucked", yes it messed me up in some ways too. Yet, it got me off of all the dope I was doing. I too was full of fear, and would hide behind people so I wouldn't be "called on". I just feel a lot of people haven't let go of the past yet. I was in there for 10 1/2 months starting in July of 73. I didn't know how to function on the "outside" when I graduated. I know, because of my ego I messed up some of my newcomers. Who was I to "raise" young kids I didn't even know, lest know my own self.

I understand everyone had their own unigue experience in the Seed, yet why is there so much hostility, anger, and resentment still??? I let go a long time ago. All of my resentments weren't hurting anyone but myself. If Art has some guilt, fine. He messed up hundreds, if not thousands of young kids. Now almost 50 myself, and I got re-programmed with the help of a therapist, I don't live in the past anymore. The past is gone. I only have today, and I'm not guaranteed tomorrow. I appreciate this site, and I understand that people are still hurt by the whole experince of the Seed, but I don't feel hostility towards others who post is necessary. This is just MY opinion. I'm not dogging anyone nor this site. I think this site is vital, and I'm grateful someone told me about it. For now, I'm grateful to have survived the Seed, and life is good. Take care everyone.

Julie"

Julie..great post!  

I think that your approach, if it works for you, is perfect. It seems to be similar for me. I think hostility and blaming is counterproductive for me living a happy healthy life. Understanding is another thing.

Everyone here has such a varied experience. I find that fascinating.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2005, 12:53:00 PM »
On 2005-08-13 16:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mine is nicely tanned."

Mine Im sad to say...blindingly white.

:grin: