Author Topic: It lives for the most part within the rectum of humans  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
It lives for the most part within the rectum of humans
« on: November 30, 2009, 11:38:08 PM »
What is pinworm infection?

Pinworm infection is a large intestine infection caused by a small, white worm called a pinworm, seatworm, or threadworm. The medical name for the pinworm is Enterobius vermicularis, also called a helminth.

The pinworm is about the length of a staple. It lives for the most part within the rectum of humans. While an infected person is asleep, female pinworms leave the intestines through the anus and deposit eggs on the skin around the anus.

Because pinworm infection is caused by Enterobius vermicularis, the infection is also called enterobiasis (or helminthiasis).

Who is at risk for pinworm infection?

Pinworm is the most common worm infection in the United States.

School-age children have the highest rates of pinworm infection. They are followed by preschoolers. Institutional settings including day care facilities, often harbor cases of pinworm infection. Sometimes, nearly half of the children may be infected.

Pinworm infection often occurs in more than one family member. Adults are less likely to have pinworm infection, except mothers of infected children.

How is pinworm infection spread?

Within a few hours of being deposited on the skin around the anus, pinworm eggs become infective (capable of infecting another person). They can survive up to two weeks on clothing, bedding, or other objects. Infection is acquired when these eggs are accidentally swallowed, due to inadequate handwashing by the parents and children.

What are the symptoms of pinworms?

Intense itching around the anus and/or vagina comprise the classic symptoms of pinworms. Less common symptoms range from upset stomach to loss of appetite, irritability, restlessness, and insomnia.

The symptoms of pinworm infection are caused by the female pinworm laying her eggs. Indeed, most infected individuals have few or no symptoms but, if the infection is heavy, the symptoms can be correspondingly more severe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: It lives for the most part within the rectum of humans
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
FUCK

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 12:23:31 PM »
MAN am I fucking dissapointed, I thought it was MILLER VIRGIL PHONEY PHATHER CASSIAN NEWTON........goddamn it
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 12:37:47 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
MAN am I fucking dissapointed, I thought it was MILLER VIRGIL PHONEY PHATHER CASSIAN NEWTON........goddamn it
:rofl: Well... just what does that say about Miller pinworm Newton?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
:bump:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline liarsexposed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 06:49:10 PM »
Gotta be the genepool in which Marky Babbletits was spawned from
 :rocker: