Author Topic: Straight reunion 92'  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Straight reunion 92'
« on: May 10, 2002, 12:31:00 PM »
Sometime after I got out of Straight-Dallas, I think maybe right before it closed...dont quote me though....someone put together a Straight reunion open to all former Dallas clients, graduates or not.  My mom said we should go, and I didnt mind so much since I thought it would be nice to maybe see a few people I knew and maybe get to know some of them I never did (namely the guys).

Anyway, it was so weird because some of the people there were still in their post-graduate 6 months, so they werent allowed to talk to a cop-out.  I ended up being the only non-graduate there so it was really uncomfortable.  Although I did get to spend some time with some girls that were Staff and we all ended up staying in touch.  Over the course of a few years by way of my relationship with them, I hung out with quite a few different people that I never spoke to in the Program....to make a long story short...this was the road that opened up a whole new point of view about Straight to me.  Clients sleeping with staff, sexual abuse, financial abuse by the Executives, etc. there was a huge world of politics going on that I never would have known about.  When they shut the Straight building down I heard that a few of the Senior staff went and raided the place for computer equipment and the like.  

They knew that place was a sham.....it made me realize the attitude of the people that were supposed to be "re-shaping" my life for me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere