Author Topic: Tailored rehab contra group therapy  (Read 3836 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
Tailored rehab contra group therapy
« on: February 05, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »
I just found an article about a yet another young man who didn't make it from the schielded environment to the normal society. I believe that the step-down program is Rosecrance Griffin Williamson Campus but it is difficult to find out what wilderness program in Utah he was sent to.

First Person: Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin (The Columbus Dispatch,  February 05, 2011)

And people continue to die after enduring so much. Unfortunately he won't be the last.

I also saw an article in People where Charlie Sheen has created his own rehab program in his home which would allow him to work and at the same time face possible temptations during rehab (I cannot understand why he feels that he needs to get rid of the ladies too. Personally I prefer to remain sober when fulfilling my duties as a husband.)

Of course a number of the professional therapists like the media hunger Drew Prinsky is against the idea that you can rehab at home. They live by having people come to them instead of going to where the clients are - at their homes.

Is 'Personalized' Rehab Best for Charlie Sheen? (by Dahvi Shira People Magazine, February 05, 2011)

I think that the question just have to be asked whether the cost of removing kids from their home to treat the far away only to have to deal with a difficult process of adjustment is worth it considering that there is a second option which is in-patient treatment at home.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
First Person: Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:48:14 PM »
Here's that first article, for posterity's sake:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

The Columbus Dispatch

First Person: Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin
Saturday, February 5, 2011  02:50 AM

Benny Corcoran at his 2010 graduation from Worthington Kilbourne High School · Corcoran family photo

He had the most beautiful blue eyes and a megawatt smile.

He was funny and great at conversation; at his core, he was a thoughtful young man.

The older of my two children, he adored his little brother.

He had turned 18 in April, and our relationship had begun to morph from child/parent to adult/parent.

He was my son, Benjamin James Corcoran. We called him Benny.

On Oct. 19, which happened to be his father's birthday, Benny died of a heroin overdose. He had been clean for 91/2 months but relapsed a few weeks before his death.

After trying our hardest to help him through an outpatient after-school drug program, we met a wonderful doctor who specializes in young people with addictions and other issues.

He suggested that we send him to a therapeutic wilderness program in Utah.

In December 2009, Benny flew to Utah, where he spent the first week of the program in tears. Eventually, though, he adapted well, learning to appreciate the program and showing leadership skills in his group.

I flew to Utah on March 17 to spend his last night in the wilderness with him.

I cannot tell you how much those few days in Utah meant to Benny and me. He had left Ohio a troubled kid, and I found a young man with a clear head and renewed heart.

He told me then that his time in Utah was the greatest experience he'd ever had.

For the next four months, Benny attended a "step-down" program in Rockford, Ill. - where, according to the program operators, he showed leadership qualities, too.

The Utah program gave him the chance to learn wilderness skills, but both programs taught him about addictions and how to "rewire" himself to live cleanly.

Happy and clearheaded, Benny returned to Columbus on July 8, excited to begin his new journey. We were thrilled to have him home again. He was hilariously funny and loving, and he had grown up so much - into the fine young man we knew he could be.

Life was going well for Benny, who landed a great job and had a wonderful girlfriend.

In mid-September, however, he ran into an old acquaintance, the one who had introduced him to heroin the previous year.

His relapse happened fast and furiously: He was seeing a therapist and had scheduled an appointment with a doctor at a clinic that specializes in heroin addiction. Two days before the appointment, he died.

Benny was a wonderful son, brother, nephew, grandson and friend - the type who would give you the shirt off his back.

He had an engaging personality, a sense of humor and a kind heart that everyone loved. And he loved his family.

Heroin, though, takes away fear and the ability to discern right from wrong. It changes the core of a user's being.

And heroin is easy to get, relatively inexpensive - and rampant in the suburbs of central Ohio.

Any parent who suspects that his or her child has a drug problem is probably right. Sadly, my suspicions underestimated what Benny was facing. (I have heard that such problems are usually 10 times worse than what parents initially suspect.)

Benny worked so hard and, in his heart, wanted to be clean.

Yet heroin snuffs out dreams, robs a person of reason - and, in an impulsively weak moment, kills.

We loved Benny with all our hearts, and we'll miss him beyond what words can describe for the rest of our lives.

Cathy Corcoran, 53, of Columbus seeks to help educate other parents in hopes of sparing them the loss that her family feels.

©2011, The Columbus Dispatch

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Comments: "Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin" #s1-20
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:28:01 AM »
Comments left for the above article, "First Person: Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin" (by Cathy Corcoran; Feb. 5, 2011; The Columbus Dispatch), #s 1-20 (#8 is missing):

[This is actually a Topix thread with the title "Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin."]

#1 Pataskala Mom Defiance, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    Cathy, I am so sorry for your loss. I wanted to let you know that, after reading this story, I called my nine year old son into the room & shared it with him. I tried to impress upon him how Benny was just nine years older than him, and that they had a lot in common. I wanted him to see the reality of drugs. Hopefully other parents will use Benny's story, too. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through, and I pray that by the grace of God I never will. But I wanted to thank you for sharing this. And I pray that the memories of the good times with Benny will comfort you.
#2 Bill Dublin, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    Benny was a great kid with a good heart. I recall the times when he would give our collie dog biscuits on our walks. It is such a shame what heroin does. I hope his story will save the lifes of others.
#3 Bluto Columbus, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    Wow. That is truly a shame; how devastated you must be. There's an HBO documentary on YouTube about black tar heroin that shows just how insidious and destructive it is. Truly shocking what people will do to get this drug and the future for addicts is one scary place. I saw it when I was in college and it's still with me. Best thing is to never even try it. I wish your son could have had a second chance.
#4 sad Columbus, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    I am sorry about your Benny. God be with you.
#5 Just sayn Columbus, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    Wow...this is powerful beyond belief. I am so sorry for your lose.
#6 JBD6121 Wooster, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    So sad to hear about the loss of your son. I hope his story will help save someone else, but I doubt anyone will listen. I have a nephew who is totally addicted and will prob die from the drugs and I was just thinking yesterday how many years it's been since I first heard the message drugs kill. Over 30 years it's been taught stay away from drugs, but kid's are still involved more today than ever. I am at a loss on how to reach them before it's too late and it hurts so much watching such wonderful young people literally kill themselves.
#7 Joy Westerville, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    Cathy: Thank you for introducing your son to us. I am not a regular paper reader, but my husband put the paper down and I noticed the picture of your adorable young man. Thank you for sharing and taking a tragedy that makes no sense into an active purpose to help others. I am sharing this with my kids. I am so sad for your loss. Our hearts and prayers pour out toward you and your family. I admire and am inspired by your love, care and involvement in his life. He and his life will continue to make a difference as you reach out to help others. Thank you!
#9 Michele Columbus, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    This was a beautiful written piece. Thank you for sharing such a difficult experience. It will help and comfort others.
#10 Willie Lynch Carlsbad, CA · Feb 5, 2011
    These people are screwed up to begin with and then they use heroin. It's too bad. Junkies are among the worst self-centered scum on the face of the earth.
#11 Shelly Grove City, OH · Feb 5, 2011
    Thank you for sharing your story !! I see heroin destroying lives every day in my line of work and the odds of beating heroin addiction isn't promising. It can happen in any family no matter what the circumstance is. I'm very sorry you lost your son.... God Bless you and your family.
#12 Research or be silent Saint James City, FL · Feb 5, 2011
      Willie Lynch wrote:
      These people are screwed up to begin with and then they use heroin. It's too bad. Junkies are among the worst self-centered scum on the face of the earth.
      [/list][/size]You are clueless. Additction is an incredibly insidious happening and it consumes even those who may be so much more than than the scum you describe...you perhaps are lower than any scum and most certainly you do not come close to being what a mother would describe as a good child[/list]
      #13 Dee UA Columbus, OH · Feb 5, 2011
        I can't get this story out of my mind, this hits very close to home for me. For the past year I have been traveling this same road with my beloved Son.
      #14 Griefsharing Mother Ridgeway, OH · Feb 5, 2011
        Dear hurting beyond reality mother. Your article has impacted me today beyond words can describe only a joining of hearts. I am a SURVIVER (if that is what you can call it of a lost, lost, son. Identical in description, spirit, and heart was my son Jereme. At 33 years old my son took his life after a 4 year struggle with drugs in particular painkillers. We were, it seems the most disfunctional, helpless family. I couldn't understand it's full storm or where it would lead him. We also DID OUR VERY, VERY BEST to support our son, help him, send him wherever, whenever to help him at the loss and stress of family, friends, our loyal pastoral staff and everyone who knew him but to no avail. He has a little boy who has also lost his dad. We are blessed to have him in our home now. It's been 3 years Ausust but I wake everyday with the same knowledge I had that day that I will NOT be seeing him until we are together in heaven again. I survive by surrounding myself with my church family and Grief Share ministry and knowing the love of Jesus as being all knowing. I use to think I understood the word "Better" but it's as if I have never heard or know it now. It does not get "Better" BUT it will get "Bearable". I know your pain exactly and I will pray for you. Your pain is so new and unaccepting but it will come that we were so blessed to have had them at all. Jereme was also my oldest of 2 sons. I would love to talk to you. It is hard with family and friends I know because you never seem to get to the deepness of the agony that is felt within and the loss of the baby that was you. I hurt with you my sister. You did ALL you could know how!!!!
      #15 Catman Dave · Feb 5, 2011
          Willie Lynch wrote:
          [/list][/size]How could you say something like that you F'N IDIOT!!.I hope it happens to you someday,and you die a horrible death.[/list]
          #16 Big Johnson Columbus, OH · Feb 5, 2011
              Catman Dave wrote:
              <quoted text>How could you say something like that you F'N IDIOT!!.I hope it happens to you someday,and you die a horrible death.
              [/list][/size]That isn't very nice![/list]
              #17 Catman Dave · Feb 5, 2011
                  Big Johnson wrote:
                  <quoted text>
                  That isn't very nice!
                  [/list][/size]Neither was the comment that Willie Jackwagon made.That comment was totally uncalled for on this story.And if you dont like what I said,TOO BAD,Big Dickie.[/list]
                  #18 Jill Seiter Mount Vernon, OH · Feb 5, 2011
                    Cathy, I am so proud of you for writing this article to spread awareness in central Ohio about the devistating problem that heroin has brought to our community. I wish to God that Benny's addiction didn't claim his life. I praise God every day that my daughter was spared. I can't comprehend the depth of your grief, but I know it is deep and cutting and ever present. I pray that through your efforts to raise awareness that you find a measure of peace and meaning to this senselessness. God Bless You! See you at Circle of Support when you are ready to return. You and your family are in my prayers.
                  #19 Miss Rosie Steubenville, OH · Feb 5, 2011
                    My heart goes out to you Cathy. I can not begin to understand the pain you are dealing with, but you must keep the good memories alive of your son. You are so brave to have the courage to write this article to help others who are facing this either "first person" or a family member.I am shocked at the number of parents who watch their children take drugs and do nothing about it.You know you did all you could do to help him be well. Too bad charges can not be brought against the person who gave him drugs again.I will keep you and other families facing the same problem in my prayers.
                  #20 dirk Powell, OH · Feb 5, 2011
                      Catman Dave wrote:
                      <quoted text>How could you say something like that you F'N IDIOT!!.I hope it happens to you someday,and you die a horrible death.
                      [/list][/size]Wow @ wishing death upon someone. You are a sad pathetic person..[/list]

© The Columbus Dispatch

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                      Comments: "Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin" #s21-4
                      « Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:33:28 AM »
                      Comments left for the above article, "First Person: Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin" (by Cathy Corcoran; Feb. 5, 2011; The Columbus Dispatch), #s 21-40:

#21 Catman Dave · Feb 6, 2011
                          dirk wrote:
                          <quoted text>
                          Wow @ wishing death upon someone. You are a sad pathetic person..
                          [/list][/size]No,actually I am not sad.I have seen what that drug does to people that had great lives before they tried it and then their whole world fell apart.The cops need to concentrate their efforts on getting rid of these drug dealers who are destroying people with that trash instead of just handing out speeding tickets.People that dont really know about drugs are duped into beleiving that everything will be ok by these drug dealers trying to get their money,and before they know it,it's too late.I'm tired of people coming on these forums and making stupid comments like Willie did to people that are trying to be civil to each other.I am not going to take it anymore,sorry.[/list]
                          #22 another Worthington mom · Feb 6, 2011
                            Dear Cathy, Thank you for sharing Benny's story. He sounded like a kind, loving son, brother and friend. Yours is a letter I hope that I never have to write, as our son is currently in recovery from heroin addiction and also graduated from WKHS. We never thought that our son would have made the choices he has over the past 6-7 years, and we also have done our very best to provide treatment, rehab and family support. We finally realize that recovery is something he has to want to do and we can't do it for him. My heart truly breaks for you and your family, please know that there isn't anything else you could have done to save Benny. You will be in my thoughts daily.
                          #23 Big Johnson Columbus, OH · Feb 6, 2011
                              Catman Dave wrote:
                              <quoted text>Neither was the comment that Willie Jackwagon made.That comment was totally uncalled for on this story.And if you dont like what I said,TOO BAD,Big Dickie.
                              [/list][/size]Too bad for you if you don't like the bare truth. Heroin addicts are in fact some of the most self-indulgent drama queens on the planet. "O woe is me, I'm a junkie. Pity me! Um, got anything I can steal?"[/list]
                              #24 Catman Dave · Feb 6, 2011
                                  Big Johnson wrote:
                                  <quoted text>
                                  Too bad for you if you don't like the bare truth. Heroin addicts are in fact some of the most self-indulgent drama queens on the planet. "O woe is me, I'm a junkie. Pity me! Um, got anything I can steal?"
                                  [/list][/size]I understand what you are saying,but a lot of them have no idea what they are in for when they first take that drug.They think that they can do it just a few times and everything will be ok.Then they find out different.Thats when,if they dont get help,they turn into the person that you just described.[/list]
                                  #25 Cathy Corcoran Columbus, OH · Feb 6, 2011
                                    Thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment on my story. I really appreciate all of the kind words and support! From the bottom of my heart, thank you!
                                  #26 benji Van Wert, OH · Feb 6, 2011
                                    Thank you for your story. A very close friend of mine is struggling with her son. Most people, when they think about heroin, imagine a hardcore junkie on the streets of New York, because that is what it was post Vietnam. The new faces of heroin are teenagers like Benny. Heroin is now in every suburb high school in Central Ohio and most people are clueless about what is going on. People who work in the drug treatment clinics are overwhelmed with juvenile addicts. They are seeing 12-14 year old girls come in who have never even tried smoking pot, but they are addicted to heroin. If you talk to the courts or law enforcement, they will tell you this has been an epidemic for the last 3 or 4 years. Usually by the time the parents suspect something, it is too late. Chances are that if you have a kid in high school, they know a lot more about heroin than you do. They have either been offered it, seen it, or know a heroin addict. We need to educate ourselves and our children, because this story could happen to any parent in these times.
                                  #27 dirk Powell, OH · Feb 6, 2011
                                      Catman Dave wrote:
                                      <quoted text>No,actually I am not sad.I have seen what that drug does to people that had great lives before they tried it and then their whole world fell apart.The cops need to concentrate their efforts on getting rid of these drug dealers who are destroying people with that trash instead of just handing out speeding tickets.People that dont really know about drugs are duped into beleiving that everything will be ok by these drug dealers trying to get their money,and before they know it,it's too late.I'm tired of people coming on these forums and making stupid comments like Willie did to people that are trying to be civil to each other.I am not going to take it anymore,sorry.
                                      [/list][/size]All of this in no way rescinds the fact you wished death upon him. You are sad and pathetic.[/list]
                                      #28 Catman Dave · Feb 6, 2011
                                          dirk wrote:
                                          <quoted text>
                                          All of this in no way rescinds the fact you wished death upon him. You are sad and pathetic.
                                          [/list][/size]Oh well.You know what they say.Opinions are like a-holes,everybody has one.[/list]
                                          #29 Catman Dave · Feb 6, 2011
                                              dirk wrote:
                                              <quoted text>
                                              All of this in no way rescinds the fact you wished death upon him. You are sad and pathetic.
                                              [/list][/size]Oh,one more thing.Go back and look at the judge its next to that post he made.Apparently other people think the same way that I do,but just didn't want to type it.Bye bye.[/list]
                                              #30 benji Van Wert, OH · Feb 6, 2011
                                                  Willie Lynch wrote:
                                                  [/list][/size]One of the unintended consequences of removing the Taliban from Afghanistan, which had banned growing opium, is that Afghanistan is now supplying 80% of the world's heroin, and the unsecured border is allowing the Mexican cartels to flood the streets with this stuff. I'm not being political, these are the just the facts of what is happening. I bet that when you were in high school, you never saw heroin. Your buddies weren't using it or trying to get you to use it. Times have changed.

People don't realize that heroin is everywhere now. In many cases, it starts with painkillers. Kids don't see the danger in prescription medicine, but Vicodin and Percocet contain opoids, which is basically synthetic heroin. Painkillers are quite expensive on the street, so then they turn to heroin which is much cheaper and much easier to get.(And dealers will tell kids that they are already using heroin in the painkillers, so it's not that bad.) By the way, you have the same type of withdrawal from the painkillers. Hospital clinics are seeing 70 and 80 year old patients who have to be detoxed from the pain medicine they took after hip or back surgeries.

This isn't something for people to be judgmental about. This is very serious problem and it is affecting our young people, whose minds are not fully developed yet. Almost all addiction of any kind happens between the ages of 15 to 24 because of their undeveloped minds. You rarely become an addict after the age of 30, because you are "smarter" by then. You can become addicted to heroin almost immediately. Its high is like nothing else and is very powerful. It is a bad, impulsive decision that you can't come back from. The withdrawal is so bad, you wish you were dead. Most addicts want to stop, but the pain of withdrawal is so severe that they will do anything to stop it. Treatment costs can be several thousand to tens of thousands of dollars and the success rate is lower than any other drugs. It is very difficult to get help and recover from this addiction.[/list]
                                                  #31 Mismybro AOL · Feb 6, 2011
                                                    Your story hit very close to home. I have a brother awaiting trial for B&E, he is also a addict and he has been this way for 5 years now. Since he was 17 years old he has been using heroin and painkillers. which ever he could get his hand on. my family and i have tried so hard and failed so many times. he has hurt so many but at the same time hated him self for what he has done. this drug is ripping american family's apart and we all must stand up and not put up with this anymore. it is hard but what i can say is don't be affraid to do what you think is best for them even if that mean putting them in jail. It isn't the best option but until the state provides a better drug program it is all that is left for those who have spent everything to save a life!!!!!
                                                  #32 Diane Fort Thomas, KY · Feb 6, 2011
                                                    Cathy:
                                                    Thank you for sharing your story & hopefully it will help another family & shed some light on the power that drugs have on people. You never think that it will happen to you & your family. It can & it does every day. I don't want to even imagine your pain & your loss. It would hurt way too much.
                                                    Maybe the good that came from everything is that God wants to you help others & he wants to bring you closer to him. May God continue to be with you & help you through this deep, deep valley. God Bless you!
                                                  #33 Missy Reynoldsburg, OH · Feb 6, 2011
                                                    Cathy: I feel so sorry for the loss of your son. May you continue to be comforted by memories of the wonderful qualities that he possessed. Shattering the silence is imperative. Sharing such a personal and painful story in a public arena took a lot of courage. I hope it results in a better understanding of the far reaching impact of addiction, increased sensitivity to the realities/consequences and prompts others to seek help.
                                                  #34 Jennifer Marysville, OH · Feb 7, 2011
                                                    Thanks to everyone (well, almost everyone) for their comments. It means a lot to Cathy. There is something quite remarkable about Benny's story. To have this start as a column in the local Marysville newspaper, and then to have another version in the Dispatch is just amazing. I have asked people what it is about this story. What I hear is that it is what Cathy has written and the picture of Benny. I think that both help people understand that this can happen to anyone's child. This has demonstrated to me how one person CAN make a difference. Reach out to others and ask for help if you need it.
                                                    I am honored and saddened to have gotten to know Cathy during this terribly heartbreaking loss. And Benny, we know you are watching and guiding us. And while that provides comfort, we wish you were still here with us.
                                                  #35 Brian Toomer Columbus, OH · Feb 7, 2011
                                                      Jennifer wrote:
                                                      And Benny, we know you are watching and guiding us. And while that provides comfort, we wish you were still here with us.
                                                      [/list][/size]Do you think that is a good idea, to allow him to guide you? He has already shown a remarkable lack of judgement![/list]
                                                      #36 Mismybro AOL · Feb 7, 2011
                                                          Brian Toomer wrote:
                                                          <quoted text>
                                                          Do you think that is a good idea, to allow him to guide you? He has already shown a remarkable lack of judgement!
                                                          [/list][/size]How can you say something so hurtful. Have you no compassion? I'm sorry for you that you enjoy saying things like that . Sometimes it is best to keep your thoughts to yourself.[/list]
                                                          #37 Rob Columbus, OH · Feb 7, 2011
                                                            Cathy, you don't know me but I suspect that our sons did. My son started the same drug-related journey from WKHS at about the same time. He, too, was send to Utah in the wee hours of the morning for detox and to get counseling. He remained in treatment until June 2011, when we hope he can return home and beat the odds. I have no idea where all this started, and why the ending for Benny went so badly. I wish I knew where things will end up for my son but I also know the pull of the drug and its life-long additive properties. I wish the Mayor's office would be more proactive and take a public stand, especially with all the media attention Columbus that already out there about our city being a major black tar trafficing location. Its such bad publicity for the city, but its an issue that can't be ignored. The dealers seem to be targeting the suburbs, and perhaps people there are too embarrassed to take action or speak out. Thank you for being vocal--you didn't have to expose all of this to the public. My prays are with you. Its also been a painful journey for our family, and Benny's death is a cautionary tale about the uncertainty of recovery from this drug.
                                                          #38 Terrie Quidaciolu Columbus, OH · Feb 7, 2011
                                                            Dear Cathy:

Thank you for your article on your son. I am sure that it was very painful to write. You are certainly right when you stated that parents have no idea what they are in for or how deeply this disease traps people. Your story was written exaclty like my sons except he is still here with us, struggling. He is seesing an addiction doctor and has been on medication that is helping for about 2 months now.

I live in a very affluent area and parents do not want to even discuss drugs. I tried to initiate a program in my community to let people know what is out there and it was not received well at all.

My son is now 21. He started this journey young and I don't know if he will ever be rid of it. I appreciate your insight, may it give hope to others.
                                                          #39 Catman Dave · Feb 7, 2011
                                                              Terrie Quidaciolu wrote:
                                                              Dear Cathy:
                                                              Thank you for your article on your son. I am sure that it was very painful to write. You are certainly right when you stated that parents have no idea what they are in for or how deeply this disease traps people. Your story was written exaclty like my sons except he is still here with us, struggling. He is seesing an addiction doctor and has been on medication that is helping for about 2 months now.
                                                              I live in a very affluent area and parents do not want to even discuss drugs. I tried to initiate a program in my community to let people know what is out there and it was not received well at all.
                                                              My son is now 21. He started this journey young and I don't know if he will ever be rid of it. I appreciate your insight, may it give hope to others.
                                                              [/list][/size]Well,when those parents who think they are above all of that,see their kids go through this,they will wish they had listened to you.It's bound to happen.God bless you for trying.[/list]
                                                              #40 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                Folks there are many families, and kids going through the horrors of addiction....For those of you who choose to be mean and unkind, please, think about what your saying....I ask you to be human, and not judge.....This is a Mother, who has lost a child she dearly loved....AND she is only one of many....Yes, they do despicable things, like robbing to feed their habit, we all know that...But instead of condemning, reach out perhaps and try to get just one kid the help they may need to save their life....It does no good to point fingers and put yourself above anyone...Only by the grace of God go thou...

To Jennifer and Cathy, keep up the good work, that's all anyone can do...

© The Columbus Dispatch

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                                              Comments: "Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin" #s41-5
                                                              « Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 10:50:52 AM »
                                                              Comments left for the above article, "First Person: Loving son ensnared in clutches of heroin" (by Cathy Corcoran; Feb. 5, 2011; The Columbus Dispatch), #s 41-55:

#41 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                  Big Johnson wrote:
                                                                  <quoted text>
                                                                  Too bad for you if you don't like the bare truth. Heroin addicts are in fact some of the most self-indulgent drama queens on the planet. "O woe is me, I'm a junkie. Pity me! Um, got anything I can steal?"
                                                                  [/list][/size]Did this remark make you feel better somehow??? Vindictiveness is also a bad habit and addictive....Have a great day, and try to say something nice please....:)[/list]
                                                                  #42 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                      Brian Toomer wrote:
                                                                      <quoted text>
                                                                      Do you think that is a good idea, to allow him to guide you? He has already shown a remarkable lack of judgement!
                                                                      [/list][/size]I think He is doing a great job of guiding his Mother and others to do what he wasn't able to do while on earth...Remember, everyone who goes to heaven is clean...And yes, before you ask, I do believe he is in heaven, God doesn't discriminate....[/list]
                                                                      #43 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                          Willie Lynch wrote:
                                                                          [/list][/size]There are people like you, who are also self-centered scum .....:)[/list]
                                                                          #44 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                              Catman Dave wrote:
                                                                              [/list][/size]I know you said that out of anger, but please, don't wish this on anyone...It just brings you down to their level...And God knows, you don't want to be there...:)[/list]
                                                                              #45 Catman Dave · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                  Pat wrote:
                                                                                  <quoted text>
                                                                                  I know you said that out of anger, but please, don't wish this on anyone...It just brings you down to their level...And God knows, you don't want to be there...:)
                                                                                  [/list][/size]Yes,I was very mad when I read that after reading the heartfelt comments before it.I'm sorry if I offended anybody by it.But people really need to keep their attacks to themselves on stories like this.I will be a real man and say that I am sorry.[/list]
                                                                                  #46 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                      Catman Dave wrote:
                                                                                      <quoted text>Yes,I was very mad when I read that after reading the heartfelt comments before it.I'm sorry if I offended anybody by it.But people really need to keep their attacks to themselves on stories like this.I will be a real man and say that I am sorry.
                                                                                      [/list][/size]Now that's the way to be a man....I so agree, that people really need to keep their snide remarks to themselves, but ya know they really don't have a life, or they wouldn't say such hurtful things....We never know what is going on, in someone else's life..But keep the good thoughts, and just be happy that you aren't them.....There were many heartfelt comments, and those are the ones worth remembering.....Have a great evening...:)[/list]
                                                                                      #47 LegallyGray · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                        This is truly a heartbreaking story. My heart goes out to that mother. Many substance abusers started out thinking they would just try it for fun. But before they realize it, they're hooked. It's not easy breaking an addiction like that. That's why so many fail even with treatment. I have no time for the clueless people on this thread who sit in judgment of others. There but for the grace of God, go you or one of your loved ones.. Prayers for the Mother of this young man.
                                                                                      #48 ordinary reader United States · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                          Big Johnson wrote:
                                                                                          <quoted text>
                                                                                          [/list][/size]I read these posts often and, one thing I have noticed, you never write anything worthy of reading. With this post, you remain consistent.

Cathy - you are an amazing mother. My son's struggle is alcohol and he fights daily to maintain control over it.[/list]
                                                                                          #49 Big Johnson Columbus, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                              ordinary reader wrote:
                                                                                              <quoted text>
                                                                                              I read these posts often and, one thing I have noticed, you never write anything worthy of reading. With this post, you remain consistent.
                                                                                              [/list][/size]Ordinary readers cannot comprehend extraordinary words and ideas. Too bad for you.[/list]
                                                                                              #50 Big Johnson Columbus, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                                  Pat wrote:
                                                                                                  Have a great day, and try to say something nice please....:)
                                                                                                  [/list][/size]
                                                                                                  My mom's name was Pat![/list]
                                                                                                  #51 ordinary reader United States · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                                      Big Johnson wrote:
                                                                                                      <quoted text>
                                                                                                      Ordinary readers cannot comprehend extraordinary words and ideas. Too bad for you.
                                                                                                      [/list][/size]Me getting into a war of words with you would be like you bringing a knife to a gun fight. You are not worthy of my time so I will not allow you to goad me into any further exchanges.[/list]
                                                                                                      #52 Big Johnson Columbus, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                                          ordinary reader wrote:
                                                                                                          <quoted text>
                                                                                                          Me getting into a war of words with you would be like you bringing a knife to a gun fight. You are not worthy of my time so I will not allow you to goad me into any further exchanges.
                                                                                                          [/list][/size]If you have indeed been reading my comments you consider unworthy of reading then you know how it usually goes. I comment on an aspect of the article, and some d0uchebag such as yourself comes along and makes a personal attack because he disagrees with my comment.

Your comments barely amuse me. Try harder.[/list]
                                                                                                          #53 Pat Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                                              Big Johnson wrote:
                                                                                                              <quoted text>
                                                                                                              My mom's name was Pat!
                                                                                                              [/list][/size]Pat is a good name.. Was your Mom a good Mom?? Would she approve of the things you have written??? Please be kind to those that are hurting.....It makes you feel better with yourself....:)[/list]
                                                                                                              #54 Big Johnson Columbus, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                                                  Pat wrote:
                                                                                                                  <quoted text>
                                                                                                                  Pat is a good name.. Was your Mom a good Mom??
                                                                                                                  [/list][/size]Yes it is, and yes she was. I feel so...so ashamed....

I will never post a mean comment again![/list]
                                                                                                                  #55 Jen W Marysville, OH · Feb 8, 2011
                                                                                                                    Cathy, I work with teenagers and I hung your article in my office. Your words have a way of reaching people and you are making a difference. You opened up a difficult conversation for many families. God bless you and Benny. There are many other "Benny"'s out there, I pray they find the support to help them through so their mothers don't have to go through the same pain you are. Thank you for sharing your life.

© The Columbus Dispatch

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                  • *
                                                                                                                  • Posts: 8989
                                                                                                                  • Karma: +3/-0
                                                                                                                    • View Profile
                                                                                                                  Benjamin Corcoran - R.I.P.
                                                                                                                  « Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 08:59:02 PM »
                                                                                                                  Obituary
                                                                                                                  Benjamin Corcoran

CORCORAN Benjamin "Ben" Corcoran, age 18, of Columbus, died Tuesday, October 19, 2010 at home. Ben was a graduate of Worthington Kilbourne High School, Class of 2010. Preceded in death by his grandparents Francis and Mary Bonanno and James Corcoran and his uncles Mark Bonanno and Patrick Corcoran. Ben is survived by his parents, Cathy Corcoran of Columbus and Ardie Bonanno of Dayton; grandmother, Jean Corcoran of Powell; brothers, Jack Corcoran of Columbus, Kevin (Joannie) Bonanno of Powell and Matthew (Kristen) Bonanno of Chicago; aunts, Cindy Corcoran of New York, NY, Chris Corcoran of Columbus, Ann (Jerry) Allen, Claire Brogan and Chris (Jim) Barstow, all of Dayton; uncle, Frank (Kathleen) Bonanno of Dayton; and their families. Family will receive friends from 2-6 p.m. SUNDAY at the RUTHERFORD FUNERAL HOME AT POWELL, 450 West Olentangy Street, Powell, OH 43065, (614)-792-1471. (The funeral home is located on W. Olentangy St./Powell Rd./SR 750 1/4 mile east of Sawmill Parkway.) Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated 11 a.m. MONDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2010 at ST. PETER CATHOLIC CHURCH, 6899 Smokey Row Road, Columbus, OH 43235 with The Reverend Monsignor John Johnson, Celebrant. Private burial will be observed by the family. Condolences may be sent to the family at: http://www.rutherfordfuneralhomes.com

Published online in The Columbus Dispatch from October 21 to October 22, 2010

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                  • *
                                                                                                                    • View Profile
                                                                                                                  Guest Book for Benjamin Corcoran, #s 1-20
                                                                                                                  « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »
                                                                                                                  Guest Book for Benjamin Corcoran, R.I.P., #s 1-20:

October 20, 2010
                                                                                                                    May you Rest in Peace Ben.
                                                                                                                      ~
                                                                                                                  Columbus, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 20, 2010
                                                                                                                    ~ Billy Dojcak,
                                                                                                                  Columbus, Ohio[/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Our deepest heartfelt sympathy.
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    May God support your family at this difficult time. And please know that others share in your loss.
                                                                                                                      ~ Judy Smith,
                                                                                                                  Columus, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    Your family is in our prayers. We are glad that we had the chance to meet Ben this summer at the lake.

Anne, Brian, and boys. (Lima, Ohio)
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    Words cannot express the loss of a child. My deepest sympathy for all of you and may God give you the strength to get through this difficult time. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                                                    With much love and support,
                                                                                                                    Theanne, Justin and Nick
                                                                                                                      ~ Theanne Murata,
                                                                                                                  Powell, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    To have the wonderful memories of time spent with Ben and your entire family will help us through this very difficult time. The handsome, smiling young man in the picture who was always so happy to see you, perfect manners and such a great conversationalist is who we will remember. He is a part of us forever.
                                                                                                                    All our love,
                                                                                                                    Chris, Elyse, Nicholas, Colin and Hannah Remick
                                                                                                                      ~ The Remick Family,
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    When all seems darkest that is when a ray of light shines brightest.
                                                                                                                      ~ mike dojcak,
                                                                                                                  pgh, Pennsylvania[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    I remember Ben from Granby and the little league football team he and my son Michael played on together. My family and I extend our heartfelt sympathy to Ben's family in this time of such great sorrow. Hold Ben in your heart and may you receive God's grace.
                                                                                                                    Sharon Brasser
                                                                                                                      ~ Sharon Brasser,
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    I remember Ben from Granby and the youth football team he and our son Michael were in together. Our heartfelt sympathy to Ben's family in this time of such great sorrow. We too lost one of our beloved sons. Hold Ben in your hearts and may you receive God's grace.
                                                                                                                    Sharon and Tom Brasser
                                                                                                                      ~ Sharon Brasser,
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    my deepest sympathy to you and your family..... by heart is so sad for all of you.....I hope God gives you comfort in this time...love you...
                                                                                                                      ~ denise dobbins,
                                                                                                                  strongsville, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    We are so sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                                                      ~ Heather, Bryan, Gavin & Nolan Schreiber,
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    I will be praying for God to comfort you all. I always remember Ben's smile.
                                                                                                                      ~ Naomi Roberts
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    Our heartfelt sympathy to Ben's family. Ben never hesitated to say hello when we would see him in the neighborhood. His smile will be sadly missed.

Tom, Jane, Paige & Ethan Jones
                                                                                                                      ~ Jane Shawver,
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    Dear Kathy and Ardie-we cannot even begin to understand the pain that you are suffering.....In your time of greif,remember that no one can take away the love and memories that you share with Bennie....all of our prayers are with you...Let us know if there is ANYTHING that we can do...love and prayers,Ed ,Kathy and Sonny Perrini
                                                                                                                      ~ KATHLEEN PERRINI,
                                                                                                                  COLUMBUS, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    My heartfelt prayers are with you at this difficult time. I have a teenage son, and even though we've never met, as a mother I can only imagine the pain and confusion. May you find comfort in your faith and may it hold you strong. God bless you and your family.
                                                                                                                      ~ Anonymous,
                                                                                                                  Dublin, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    My thoughts and prayers to your family at this difficult time. May God be with your family throughout this tough time.
                                                                                                                      ~ Adrienne Kirnec,
                                                                                                                  Waynesville, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                    Cathy, I cannot even imagine your pain. I am praying for strength for you.
                                                                                                                      ~ Molly Pearce
                                                                                                                  October 21, 2010

Our hearts are breaking for you guys. We've loved Benny at every age and stage of his life.
                                                                                                                    Love Jim and Linda[/list]
                                                                                                                    October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                      Dear Kathy and Ardie,
                                                                                                                      We want to extend our thoughts and prayers to your family. We adored Ben and it was a pleasure having him with us. He was truely a fun and loving young man. May God bless you in this time of need and know that we are here for you! Ben will truely be missed!
                                                                                                                        ~ Hillman Staff,
                                                                                                                    Rockford, Illinois[/list][/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                    • *
                                                                                                                      • View Profile
                                                                                                                    pic of Benny and mum?
                                                                                                                    « Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 10:50:32 AM »
                                                                                                                    Here's a larger version of that pic supplied by Jim and Linda on October 21, 2010:

[/list]

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                      • *
                                                                                                                        • View Profile
                                                                                                                      Guest Book for Benjamin Corcoran, #s 21-40
                                                                                                                      « Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »
                                                                                                                      Guest Book for Benjamin Corcoran, R.I.P., #s 21-40:

October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        Kathy and Ardie - We are so sorry for your loss and the pain and suffering that go with it. Ben was a wonderful person and I pray that God be with you and keep you strong through this time. Your friends are here for you.
                                                                                                                          ~ Kathy Newman-Gall,
                                                                                                                      October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        I had a class with Ben every year and every time I saw Ben he always had the biggest smile on his face and there wouldn't be a time that Ben would never not smile or joke around he knew how to make everyone laugh. He will be missed. Your family is in my prayers.
                                                                                                                          ~ shawnte ratliff,
                                                                                                                      worthington, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Ardie and family,
                                                                                                                        Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your wonderful family at this time. I send my sympathy and love.
                                                                                                                          ~ Deanne Joseph,
                                                                                                                      Dayton, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you both and Jack. Ben was a wonderful young man, who will be sorely missed.
                                                                                                                          ~ Marya Kowal,
                                                                                                                      October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Ardie and family, so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
                                                                                                                          ~ Craig and Libby Nichols,
                                                                                                                      October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        Cathy,
                                                                                                                        I don't have any words that make sense to say. Bennie, well, he was amazing. He brought so much joy to this world. My heart goes out to you, Jack, and Ardie. It is impossible to fathom the depth of your pain. I was just talking to Jack about Ben last week, about playing Mario Brothers and Bennie always beating me so easily. I am so thankful to have known Ben. God be with you all.
                                                                                                                          ~ Jamie Long,
                                                                                                                      October 21, 2010
                                                                                                                        RIP
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Cathy and Jack -
                                                                                                                        Our heartfelt condolences go out to both of you as your mourn Ben's loss. We never had the pleasure of meeting Ben, but imagine he was an incredibly wonderful individual as both of you are. May the love of God and family and friends be of comfort to you now and in the days ahead. We are here for you ANYTIME.
                                                                                                                        God bless,
                                                                                                                        Jim, Suzanne, Kelsey and Ryan McCann
                                                                                                                          ~ Suzanne McCann,
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        Ardie and family,
                                                                                                                        May god bless you and keep you during this most difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Our deepest heartfelt sympanthy. John & Debbie Roberts
                                                                                                                          ~ John Roberts,
                                                                                                                      Westerville,, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        Ben was always so friendly and caring. He was full of jokes and love, leaving a smile on everyone's face. He will be missed. Stay strong and keep your head's up through the hard times.
                                                                                                                          ~ Delanee Willison,
                                                                                                                      Powell, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        To the Corcoran family, we send our prayers and condolences for the loss of your son, grandson and nephew, Benny. May your fond memories of him keep you strong through this most difficult time in your lives.
                                                                                                                          ~ The Johnston Family,
                                                                                                                      Westlake, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Ardie, so very sorry to hear about you son. You will be in our prayers. God bless Benjamin and your family.
                                                                                                                          ~ Don and Sandy Zerkel,
                                                                                                                      Tipp City, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Artie and Family,

Our deepest sympathy goes out to each of you. You are in our prayers, may God bless Ben and your family.

Jim and Karen Hinds, Centerville, OH
                                                                                                                      October 22, 2010
                                                                                                                        Cathy and Ardie
                                                                                                                        Our deepest sympathy and prayers are with you and your family. Although we hadn't seen Ben much over the past few years, we will always remember him as a fun loving, caring young man. He will be missed by many. May God bless Ben and your family.
                                                                                                                          ~ Bill & Chris Johnson,
                                                                                                                      October 23, 2010
                                                                                                                        It grieves me deeply to hear of Ben's passing. It has been years since I have had contact with him, but I have never forgotten Ben's warm smile, laughter, positive outlook on life and great sense of living life to its fullest.
                                                                                                                        I can't take away the pain from this loss but do reflect on the good he brought to you and many others.
                                                                                                                          ~ Vicki Gooding,
                                                                                                                      Westerville, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 23, 2010
                                                                                                                        This is such a sad thing. I wish the best for you and will keep you in my thoughts.
                                                                                                                          ~ Jason Bush,
                                                                                                                      Kettering, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 23, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dearest Ardie and Cathy,

We are so saddened by your loss. I will always remember those big blue eyes of Bennie's and that sweet smile. Thank you for the photos you used to send, Cathy, when he was young.

Our love and deepest sympathy to you.
                                                                                                                        You are always on my mind.

Linda and Bobby Hunt
                                                                                                                          ~ Linda & Bobby Hunt,
                                                                                                                      Germantown, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 23, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Ardie~
                                                                                                                        Our deepest sympathy. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                                                        Franco and Barbara Germano and Family
                                                                                                                          ~ Franco and Barbara Germano,
                                                                                                                      October 23, 2010
                                                                                                                        Ardie and Cathy,
                                                                                                                        Really saddened by the news and so terribly sorry for your loss. I really am at a loss for words. I will pray for Ben and your families. Please share my condolences with Jack. The phone is always on.......
                                                                                                                        Eddie Brown
                                                                                                                          ~
                                                                                                                      October 23, 2010
                                                                                                                        kathy and ardie, im so sorry about ben passing away. He was such a good kid and one of my greatest friends. I shared so many great and funny memories growing up with ben. He always was good putting a smile on my face. he will always be in my prayers and I will keep trying my best to make him proud as he told me he was the last time I talked to him. From me and the rest of my family, we are sorry about you loss. He will always be in my heart as the funny caring best friend I ever had
                                                                                                                          ~ Alex Blake,
                                                                                                                      Worthington, Ohio[/list][/list]

° ° °

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                      • *
                                                                                                                        • View Profile
                                                                                                                      Guest Book for Benjamin Corcoran, #s 41-50
                                                                                                                      « Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 11:33:26 PM »
                                                                                                                      Guest Book for Benjamin Corcoran, R.I.P., #s 41-50:

October 24, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Ardie
                                                                                                                        Jay and I wish to extend our deepest sympathy. We watched Matt and Kevin grow up with our girls, Jill Fussnecker and Jaimie Harner. Although we never knew Ben, I am certain that he was just as great as his brothers.
                                                                                                                          ~ Connie Greenup,
                                                                                                                      Tullahoma, Tennessee[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 24, 2010
                                                                                                                        Cathy and Ardie, I'm terribly sorry for your loss, I knew Ben since elementary school and we were friends, we may have not hanged out much, but his loss hurts no less, you have my deepest sympathy, Ben was a cool guy, I'm sure he was an even better family member.
                                                                                                                          ~ Chris Swisher,
                                                                                                                      October 24, 2010
                                                                                                                        Dear Ardie and Cathy and Jack:

I am so very sorry for your great loss.

Please know we are thinking of you each day and you are all in our prayers.

Having lost my son many years ago...I know there is no greater pain to live through.

I believe your Benjamin is still very much with you and always will be...you just have to be open to receive the signs.

May God Bless Ben and all of you.
                                                                                                                        Kathy Baron (Thomas' grandma)
                                                                                                                          ~ Kathy Baron,
                                                                                                                      October 24, 2010
                                                                                                                        ardie, cathy & jack,
                                                                                                                        we're so sorry for your loss. you're in our thoughts & prayers.
                                                                                                                          ~ sarah & mike,
                                                                                                                      dayton, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 25, 2010
                                                                                                                        Words are so inadequate... please know that I am holding you close in my heart, my thoughts and, most importantly, my prayers.
                                                                                                                          ~ Brianna Abbott,
                                                                                                                      October 25, 2010
                                                                                                                        i am so sorry. i can't imagine what you're going through. i loved ben with all my heart and i miss him ore and more everyday. You all will be in my prayers
                                                                                                                          ~ madeleine herzog,
                                                                                                                      chicago, Illinois[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 25, 2010
                                                                                                                        Ardie and Family
                                                                                                                        We are so saddened to hear of the untimely death of your beloved son Benjamin. May it be of comfort to all of you that everywhere... there are friends old and new who are grieving beside you and praying with you for the grace to withstand the pain and agony of your loss. Ben has been swept away in Gods hands to a better place for all eternity. May he rest in peace now. And may you find comfort in the love and prayers.
                                                                                                                        Kathy and Biff
                                                                                                                          ~
                                                                                                                      Sarasota, Florida[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 25, 2010
                                                                                                                        Cathy, Ardie & Family,
                                                                                                                        I cannot find the words to express how truly sorry I am for your loss.
                                                                                                                        I feel lucky to have known him, even if it was for a small period in life. He was an amazing little boy and I'm sure turned into an equally amazing young man. I fondly remember his visits to The Data House and how fun it was to chat with him about whatever was going on or just goof around in the warehouse.
                                                                                                                        You all will be in our thoughts and prayers.
                                                                                                                          ~ Michael Lewis,
                                                                                                                      Pickerington, Ohio[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      October 26, 2010
                                                                                                                        I will hold on to the childhood memories I have of Bennie. God Bless and know our thoughts are with you all each day. Love,
                                                                                                                          ~ Kent, Kathy and Carley,
                                                                                                                      orlando, Florida[/list][/list]
                                                                                                                      November 01, 2010
                                                                                                                        I'm so sorry for you loss, Ben will truely be missed he was an amazing kid. He helped me feel welcome at Marlowe and he was an absolute sweetheart. You are all in my prayers.
                                                                                                                          ~ Taylor Clarke,
                                                                                                                      Rockford, Illinois[/list][/list]

° ° °