Author Topic: PTSD : POST TRAUMATIC SEED DISORDER  (Read 10937 times)

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
PTSD : POST TRAUMATIC SEED DISORDER
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »
"Or, to draw another analogy, let's say you're raving about the wonderful sandwich your eating and I tell you it was made from a nice slice of my leg, which was taken against my will. The decent thing to do, in response to this new info, is probably not to call me names and insist that the sandwich is so damned good as to be worth my sacrifice."

now THATS funny, and right about on target.  
BTW, in case anyone here doesn't know, somejoker is me, I use it to do my moderating duties.

Greg.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2003, 04:28:00 PM »
Greg I,m glad you are out of the closet. Doesn't Honesty feel good. It cleanses the soul. ::birthday::

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »
I am not quite sure why, ANON, I seem to be bothering you so much, but in honor of your new presense here, I am attaching a quote from another person "helped" at the seed.

"I realized that, even with all the abuse, all the sleep deprivation, the all-night "coming down on me" sessions with my oldcomer and his cronies, the little and big humiliations, the thing that had really damaged me the most, the thing that had really hurt and twisted me up the worst, was that I had participated in my own brainwashing. I had tried, sincerely tried, to make the Seed's catechism true for me. That is, I had BETRAYED MY OWN EMOTIONAL REALITY . . . I had been an accomplice in my own mind-rape at some point, by trying to convince MYSELF that they were right, and that I had only read books like Siddhartha to be "cool," had never had any real friends, and, you know, the whole litany, that I had been utterly worthless and "full of shit" before the Seed and that I was grateful to the Seed for bestowing authenticity on my wretched self."
Marc Wordsmith

Peace and abstinence from European interferences are our objects, and so will continue while the present order of things in America remain uninterrupted.
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »
On 2003-11-05 13:28:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Greg I,m glad you are out of the closet. Doesn't Honesty feel good. It cleanses the soul. ::birthday:: "

I only posted that for the benefit of the very few that didn't know..like you. For the most part, it is common knowledge here at the SDF.

Hey, anon, Try this....why don't YOU come out of the closet...pick a user name, stop trying to start a fight with me, and lets talk!

Welcome again.

Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice.

--Hearst newspapers nationwide, 1934

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »
I,m just amazed how fast you reply, and with such vigor. I think you channel all your energy here. I hope others you know arn't neglected because of it. :???:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »
You know,I have attempted several times to invite you in for reasoned and rational conversation, but I am tiring of trying with you. I happen to be sitting in front of my computer right now. Oftentimes, I have it on at work for up to 8 hours at a time and it is sincerely my pleasure to moderate this site. Problem with that as well?

Tonight and tomorrow  I will not be responding so fast, as tonight I have a date, and tomorrow I am leaving the country for several days.

As for you, you seem to have some lingering anger problems.  Ever tried to trace them to their source.....?

Scoundrels are predictable, but you're a man of honor and that frightens me.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671877046/' target='_new'> Robert Heinlein, Glory Road.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »
I do need to remain anonymous for family reasons.  I do not mean you any harm, honestly.  I do wish you well and I think you are trying to do the right thing in your mind.  I just happen not to agree with you. I do not live in a bubble.  There are all kinds of people in this world with all sorts of different stories. I hope this forum can help some work out their problems.  I honestly have nothing but good memories I spent alot of years being involved at the seed and alot of good came from it.  I myself was a nut case teenager had my stomach pumped contemplated suicide on numerous occasions. Peace I mean you no harm.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2003, 05:11:00 PM »
Thanks, but even if you meant me harm, you really don't have that power. You do have the power to talk in an adult and rational manner and once again I invite you into this forum with those intentions.

Anon, you can remain anon and still pick a user name. I am quite certain, for example, that trucker hasn't blown his cover with the "Trucker" moniker.

As far as coming out of the closet, why is it important that your family not know you post here? Are you like so many others, hiding this secret from your kids and/or spouse?

What exactly was your involvement with the seed for all those years?

Do you think you were in a cult?  Do you understand that cults use essentially similar (but way toned down) techniques?

Do you understand that many people were hurt, sometimes severly, in various ways by their involvement in The Seed? Are you aware of suicides by seedlings and seed graduates?

Do you know that I have been contacted by people that were involved for over a decade that were devastated by it?

Are you aware that Art still hangs around his inner core staffers to this day?

Thank you for answering, and I am walking out the door and may not be able to respond until tomorrow or the next day when I visit an internet cafe. At that time, I hope we have approached a better way of communicating.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
--

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »

On 2003-11-05 11:34:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No It was not Trucker, it was me.  I find it disheartining that you can not just accept that good things came from the program. It seems you always make references like "Fresh Malleable Brain Meat" to put down others sucess. I'm very sorry that you feel the way that you do and I do wish the best for you and hope you work out your problems.  I did enter the seed as a senior in High School at 18 years old.  I had done drugs for 2 years my younger sister was shooting Heroin at 16 years old - she now lives in another State and is married to a State Senator drug free for over 30 years. I really do hope you can move on with your life and be happy - maybe if you did something nice for others you would feel better about yourself and just plain enjoy life now. I think there is still hope for you and wish you the best of Luck. ::birthday:: Whoopadeedoo!!! Sounds pretty important!

*high fives you*

:roll:

One has to multiply thoughts to the point where there aren't enough
policemen to control them

--Stanislaw Lec

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2003, 08:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the post.

TRUCKER

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »
Im back from out of the country. Anon, sorry you choose not to answer my questions I left for you in my last post.

Unfortunately, this is typical. I have noticed a pattern here. A pro Seed or seed derivative program person comes on one of these boards and posts praise for the program. When it isn't met with agreement, they attack the person whom disagrees with them. Alas, the issues are never addressed and they never critically explore what happened to them so many years ago.

Sad for them.

But I agree with Trucker, thanks for your posts, even the negative ones.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I did not kow I would be come down on for not answering quickly- I too have a life.
Answers
1) Political Reasons
2)I received help there & tried to care about others & help out where I could
3) No, I don't think It was a cult. Possibly some same techniques but so does the army navy marines and any organized group like the boy scouts. I believe alot of love and help was given out on a daily basis.
4)I feel very sorry for anyone that kills themselves and for families of them. Unfortunatly people kill themselves everyday - people that seem well adjusted at one time years later can develope problems and who knows what set of circumstances can change a person to do what they do. People unfortunatly kill people everyday, alot of marriages end in disaster and it all started with love.
5)No
6) No, I didn't but sometimes friends are friends for life.
I don't have all the answers all I know is I got alot of needed help and always felt like people had my best interests at heart.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »
Sorry for the late reply, I did not kow I would be come down on for not answering quickly- I too have a life.
Answers
1) Political Reasons
2)I received help there & tried to care about others & help out where I could
3) No, I don't think It was a cult. Possibly some same techniques but so does the army navy marines and any organized group like the boy scouts. I believe alot of love and help was given out on a daily basis.
4)I feel very sorry for anyone that kills themselves and for families of them. Unfortunatly people kill themselves everyday - people that seem well adjusted at one time years later can develope problems and who knows what set of circumstances can change a person to do what they do. People unfortunatly kill people everyday, alot of marriages end in disaster and it all started with love.
5)No
6) No, I didn't but sometimes friends are friends for life.
I don't have all the answers all I know is I got alot of needed help and always felt like people had my best interests at heart.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »
by the way, sorry for spelling errors. You should add a spell check to the system-

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
Are you offering to pay me to intigrate a spell checker? I'd be happy to talk about it. I'd even be willing to make it a 'sponsored by _____' feature.

Otherwise, I just use my favorite text editor if I feel the need to be very precise. Most of the time, no one who's interested in the substance of your words is really bothered by the spelling, grammar or miscellaneous typoes.

A wise and frugal government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another; shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes