Author Topic: Any ex-Safe Clients Here  (Read 7536 times)

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« on: November 04, 2003, 12:21:00 PM »
Just wanted to know if there are any ex-safe clients that posting here?  When were you there?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »
YES YES, I am here. I am an ex safe client!

I was in in 1973, only then we called it THE SEED.

:grin:

We need cops.

We can't live without 'em.

But they need to start working for us....

That's no longer an option.

They've pushed it.

They've gone to far.

They've just gone to far.
http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/rb.htm' target='_new'>Tom Crosslin

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 12:58:00 PM »
You were in SEED?  Were you ever in SAFE?
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »
Read back over the old threads. There have been a few ex SAFElings to post here from time to time. Here's one family's story.
http://members.tripod.com/safeinc-orlando/

If we choose to violate the rights of the innocent in order to discover and act against the guilty, then we have transformed our country into a police state and abandoned one of the fundamental tenants of a free society. In order to win the war on drugs, we must not sacrifice the life of the Constitution in the battle.
--US District Judge H. Lee Sarokin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 01:20:00 PM »
actually I have a very good dialogue with Brian Seeber and attended an open meeting less than a year ago.

It was very interesting indeed watching those kids sing Seed songs, motivate, and do the open mike schmeel. It was also interesting to note the Seed slogans and steps on the wall, to watch the kids ask permission to pee in a very humiliating way, and to observe the almost eery commonality of denial the parents were subjecting themselves to.

Yes, I have been in safe....30 years ago in St Pete Florida under the name THE SEED,and less than a year ago on OBT.

Thanks for asking.

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation.
--Thomas Brackett Reed

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »
On 2003-11-04 09:21:00, exsafecounselor wrote:

"Just wanted to know if there are any ex-safe clients that posting here?  When were you there?"

Whats the matter didn't have enough fucking with their heads in SAFE.
I know a few of these kids and I hate seeing them in so much pain.
Don't go there.....
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 03:17:00 PM »
I am not wanting to mess with anyone's head, but rather try to understand their situation.  If anyone was in the program at SAFE from 8/92-6/95, then I will be able to have a very detailed, specific conversation with them.  The bottom line is that my time and their time at SAFE is over and there is no reason to be held down by the past if you can avoid it.  

For those people that sufferred at the hands of abusive STRAIGHT people, I feel bad and will help in anyway I can.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »
I agree with you here and hope that you are able to locate some of the kids, now adults, that underwent "treatment" under your watch.

Good luck and I hope your conversation is productive.

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 08:33:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=D#24295

Careful what you wish for...

Until you've lost your reputation,you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/068483068X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>MARGARET MITCHELL

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »
Judging by your Pro brainwash Pro Abuse...and Pro SEEDSTRAIGHTSYNANONSAFE attitude
 If I were you I would probably be hiding with unlisted number etc..as most of those kids are now adults and not happy about being mindraped humiliated and abused by staff such as yourself.

In effect you are like a rapist coming to a rape victim site saying "Was anyone raped during so and so years..I was a rapist at that time...etc"

Thats a strong analogy but true nonetheless..

I have read your denial of all abuse in other threads and you are either a fucking liar or brainwashed..
I am not as friendly as some on here
And I see you for what you are...a monster, and a threat to society and children..I feel sorry for your kids...if I was a judge I would order them removed from your care....
  LLLLOOOVE YA !
       now have a fucking seat
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-16 05:34 ]
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 10:27:00 AM »
When were you in the program?  Where?

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline beth1222

• View Profile
Any ex-Safe Clients Here
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »
I went into SAFE in Oct. of 1995, so I could tell you about after that.  Sorry if that's too late for what you were looking for.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I'm a survivor of that hell hole SAFE
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 12:51:29 PM »
i was in safe for 10 horrible and degrading months between 1994-1995. i had never been treated so unfairly in all my life. i was barely 15 years old when i was "forced" to enter this program. the reason i was put in there was that my mom's friend's two daughters were also put there and they were about to graduate. they came to my house and told me to come with them to an "AA" meeting. i reluctantly went. once there, i was put in an interview room and told to devulge all of my drug and sexual history. when i refused to speak about my sexual past and already told them what drug i had done (by the way, i had only smoked weed 3 times), i was told i was a liar and i was going to stay there. they told me to go in the bathroom and strip. once they strip searched me, they lead me to a group of depressed looking kids. the day i went in was a friday, so on my first night there, i was shipped out to daytona beach to a "host home. that evening i made one of my several attempts to escape. i waited for everyone to go to sleep and then i tried to go out the window. the alarms on the window started to go off and i was quickly caught and reemed or "ripped" as they call it, at the center the following monday morning. i never got off first phase because i knew in my gut that there was something terribly wrong with that place. i never "carved" on myself. i regularly misbehaved and made up stories in my "MI" which is a journal of past drug or sexual stories that you have to write everyday. i only had 3 stories. i was there for 10 months, you do the math. I was also told that i was never raped, which to this day still haunts me. i tried to escape 2 more times, each time with more "eyes" watching me. i just couldn't take it anymore. my mother got remarried and my best friend died of cancer, they never told me. my sister had to whisper it in my ear at a friday night session. i cannot believe all of the stories that are starting to come out. i actually feel like i'm not alone. i hope that these monsters can never do this to anybody. i hope they rot in hell. to anybody who has gone through this, please remember, God does not like ugly! and those monsters will pay for what they have put so many innocent children. may God continue to bless those who have made it out ALIVE. keep your heads up. and remember- whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. God Bless.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Safe, Inc. in Orlando, Florida
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 01:51:59 AM »
Quote from: "Antigen"
Read back over the old threads. There have been a few ex SAFElings to post here from time to time. Here's one family's story.
http://members.tripod.com/safeinc-orlando/
If we choose to violate the rights of the innocent in order to discover and act against the guilty, then we have transformed our country into a police state and abandoned one of the fundamental tenants of a free society. In order to win the war on drugs, we must not sacrifice the life of the Constitution in the battle.
--US District Judge H. Lee Sarokin
Here's that story, for posterity's sake:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Safe, Inc. in Orlando, Florida
A Straight-descendent synanon

My son Weaver was a thrill seeker, a real free spirit. His idea of fun was to rappel down 130 foot cliffs, or to ride down seven mile ridge on a mountain bike with the brakes disconnected. As he grew up unfortunately the thrill seeking was expressed via law violations, alcohol and drug abuse.  When he was seventeen it all really came to a head. His long standing history of problems sent me on a quest for help.

In a very distraught frame of mind I called the SAFE program in Orlando and was deceptively recruited into placing my son there. I was told so many lies. I was told the program had an 80% success rate, that the length was 8-12 months. I was especially happy to hear that after a very short time my son would be attending college during the day or working and would receive the guidance of professional counselors as he faced the challenges of returning to the real world. Insurance coverage was assured, fees were agreed upon, and lastly there was the casual mention of our family's participation being required one weekend a month at some meetings and classes.

In reality I placed my son in an abusive mind-control cult and have lost him to them. The program first drove a wedge between my two children, who up to this point had been best friends. I found quickly the group required complete obedience and devotion. I was basically held hostage for my child. My daughter refused to participate at all in SAFE. I was berated, humiliated, harassed on a regular basis. I became depressed, suicidal, and later lost my job.

After trying very hard to stick it out I decided after 10 months I could no longer cope with it. I tried to get my son to leave with me, but he refused and told the cult leaders of my criticisms. All contact between us was blocked. In 1999 I saw my son only once. I visited him outside of SAFE and he told me he felt dissociated from reality and very depressed. I was only allowed phone contact for three months in 1999. I am not a drug addict, a criminal or otherwise unsuitable parent, I love my son very much. My only crime was that I was critical of their program and refused to submit myself to their abuse.

SAFE took him to see a new Psychiatrist shortly after my visit in 1999. He was started on medication for ADD. He was placed on 90mgs of ADDERALL (amphetamines) a day. Shortly afterwards he told me that he was only being allowed to sleep three hours per night because he had so many responsibilities. I reacted with outrage and so once again I was no longer allowed contact with him.

The average daily dosage of ADDERALL is 20-25 mg a day. In other words my son has been on four times the normal amount. The pharmacy across from the facility told me there are so many children in SAFE on such high doses of ADDERALL that they must special order a supply just for them.

I have tried desperately with little success to get my son to leave.  He has been brainwashed during my absence into believing I am bad and must be avoided. He has been at SAFE since February 1998.  In May, 2000 Weaver commenced from the SAFE program. Today he remains there as a junior "counselor" and a captive of their "aftercare" program. He is allowed no contact with anyone outside of their cult.

-----------------------------------

Between 1976 and 1993 Straight, Inc., a Saint Petersburg, Florida-based charity, operated the biggest chain of juvenile drug rehab synanons or therapeutic communities in America. (A synanon is a mind-control approach to rehabilitation where the addicts themselves assist in their own recovery by shouting brutal, verbal indictments at one another.) Straight closed its Orlando, Florida facility on August 14, 1992. On that very day Michael Scaletta, who had been Straight-Orlando's executive director, opened SAFE, Inc. out of the same facility that Straight-Orlando had used. There has never been one Straight that has not been accused of child abuse.

LINKS

Send eMails to me, Alba: [email protected]

A discussion forum on juvenile synanons

Anonymity Anonymous

Wes Fager's page

KIDS, a synanon in New Jersey by Kimberly

Noted expert on cults Steve Hassan on Straight, Inc.

Noted expert on cults Rick Ross on Straight, Inc.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------