Author Topic: Yellowstone just took a deep breath -  (Read 1943 times)

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Yellowstone just took a deep breath -
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:11:50 PM »
http://http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/01/27/am.kaku.volcano.cnn?hpt=C2

This thing worries me some.

I realize I am nearly singular among Forni with my Christian faith, and so seldom bring it up, altho I will chime in when others do. In this case, I feel compelled to explain a little about a frequent debate that takes place in Christian circles. End of days Biblical prophecy focuses intently upon a nation of Israel. This was once a source of debate as some few brave souls insisted that somehow, someway Israel would be a nation in the latter days of history. They were scoffed at and ridiculed by the majority as this was seen as a ridiculous, impossible notion. The main-stream majority of the time insisted God was finished with "Israel" (as a people and nation) and all the numerous promises and prophecies about Israel where really about the Church. This was called replacement theology.  The main-stream majority were wrong.

A current debate has to do with America's absence from Biblical Prophecy. While many modern nations are named, tho often by a more ancient title - America is absent.  This seems odd as we are after all a super-power intimately involved with Middle-Eastern politics and policies. Surely then, one can legitimately expect to find some reference to America in the prophet's descriptions of Israel's final days of history prior to the return of the King. There is one verse about Israel escaping on the wings of a great eagle (Rev 12:13) that some think may be the US, but others insist refers to God Himself, as in Exodus 19:4 and Deuteronomy 32:11.  There are a few others debated about but in my mind they are even less likely to be about the US than this one.  All that said, I am in agreement with those who feel the US is not mentioned and that this means the US is not going to be an important player in end time events.

So the debate is then, well why not? Where are we?  Many possible scenarios are bandied about and debated. Seeing this about Yellowstone makes me wonder if this will be the answer to the question.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Yellowstone just took a deep breath -
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 03:30:59 PM »
In his novel VALIS, author Philip K. Dick writes about the fall of Jerusalem and how America is really stuck in ancient Roman times; the main character attempts to lift this perceived veil when he talks about how "real time ceased in 70 AD when the Romans destroyed the Temple. Therefore these are still Roman times; the Romans are still here..." Interesting...

So maybe America is really just Ancient Rome in disguise, and we just haven't figured it out yet..

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:46:27 PM »
So maybe America is really just Ancient Rome in disguise, and we just haven't figured it out yet..

Maybe so. Or perhaps as some argue, Babylon (Rev.:18) but I think this is as it says - a city.
One could argue that all of western civilization is nothing more than Rome as it moved through history.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
I see very little in the bible that should be taken literaly, besides over time  much has been deleted form it, and by whom ? man. And to what purpose? his own. Personally the babylon explaination makes as much sense as any. This truly is a wicked country in many respects, Modern day Isreal is little better. Maybe more tothe point The Zionist faction of the government is isreals biggest problem. And the stupid ol US of A just keeps funding it. if I ran the us ,the  1st 2 things to get out of bed with would be the U.N. and Isreal,then nafta ,fucking ditch the "patriot" act, and get the fuck out of Iraq and Afganistan.  This country is SO deep in debt but we give Forign aid to any ol body . Worry about us for a change.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
I see very little in the bible that should be taken literaly, besides over time  much has been deleted form it, and by whom ? man. And to what purpose? his own. Personally the babylon explaination makes as much sense as any. This truly is a wicked country in many respects, Modern day Isreal is little better. Maybe more tothe point The Zionist faction of the government is isreals biggest problem. And the stupid ol US of A just keeps funding it. if I ran the us ,the  1st 2 things to get out of bed with would be the U.N. and Isreal,then nafta ,fucking ditch the "patriot" act, and get the fuck out of Iraq and Afganistan.  This country is SO deep in debt but we give Forign aid to any ol body . Worry about us for a change.

AMEN! Brother. Can I get a wittnes.
Or maybe even witness protection.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 06:53:29 PM »
Yep, one thing is certain, similar patterns have recurred throughout history; greed and fascism wave the illusory flag of freedom. It would be one thing if it were just about mere acquisition of wealth, but it seems there is a societal force deeply rooted in the banking, government, and military industrial complex that has been gradually gearing up for a New World Order which will force itself on the entire planet.

Armageddon?