Author Topic: I am an exsafe counselor  (Read 56389 times)

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2003, 02:42:00 PM »
On 2003-11-04 08:16:00, exsafecounselor wrote:

"One other thing-Is your family supposed to allow you to do whatever you want just because you say so, even though because of your own actions you are harming yourself and making their life a living hell?  You need to grow up!

Tisk tisk your anger is showing. You sound like all the other staff I have heard...In STRAIGHT! 1980's...
Should you take a child who is such a way and lock them in a CULT.

Start basing your life on "objective reality".

You see, we are objective and this is reality. That is why we are here, trying to warn other people of the possible long term harm to their children.

At SAFE, all the staff were trained in approved physical intervention techniques, by outside, third-party trainers.  But that is not what you want to know.  Did people get hurt?  On ocassion, staff and clients were hurt, including myself.  
"

Medical Ethics Board 1973 NJ GREYSTONE PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL. FOR ADULTS
Brought into the Pt Bill of Rights 1979
No person shall be restrained without WRITTEN DR ORDER... The patient must ONLY BE RESTRAINED FOR NO MORE THAN 15 MINUETS AT A TIME UNLESS OTHERWISE PERSCRIBED BY THE PHYSCIAN, WHENCE FINDING THE PATIENT TO BE OF HARM TO HIM/HERSELF OR OTHERS. THEN THE CHECK MUST BE AGAIN EVERY 15 MINUETS.
I know you by pass this with your 15 min check but it violates the law by not recieving a Dr's permission WRITTEN for every restraint. And you must let the person go without it.
ALSO!!
PROPER AND APPROVED RESTRAINT DEVICES MUST BE USED AS NOT TO CAUSE UNNECESSARY DISCOMFORT TO THE PATIENT.
Ahem, People sitting on and or holding a person to a wall, chair ect....
NOT APPROVED ANYWHERE!!
Check it out.
And to the did people get hurt.
Where are the incident reports that MUST be filed with HRS??
This is also the LAW>
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »
On 2003-11-03 07:19:00, exsafecounselor wrote:

"I have no idea what went on in any Straight program, nor do I have any idea what went on after I left SAFE.    However, I can speak at length about the 2 1/2 years I did work at SAFE and nothing happened that could or would be remotely construed as abuse, imprisonment, or any prescription med. problems.  It simply did not happen.  "
You said you knew Straight staff from another post. What is the first and most important rule?

REEEEALLY?
You said you restrained children. But this wasn't abusive? I'm sorry, did SAFE buy all these approved restraint devises? Think not.

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
On 2003-11-04 08:28:00, exsafecounselor wrote:

"Again, at SAFE, we only dealt with kids with drugs problems.  I was not aware that there was treatment for those kids who have parents with unrealistic expectations.  Do you sense my sarcasm?  I hope so.
"
SO all these kids were properly tested for DRUG ADDICTION? Ahem problems? And yes there is so called TM for children of unrealistic parents. Its called SAFE.

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2003, 03:14:00 PM »
There seems to be some confusion over the word restraint.  It seems that many of you experienced restraint devices where you were tied down, etc.  During my time at SAFE, we did not use anything like that.  I believe the name of the certification/training we received was ACT.  I am not 100% sure, so please dont run my up a flag pole if I am wrong.  It was simply a way of physically subdoing (sp?) a client.  Also, per policy and procedure, an incident report was completed by the exec. staff in charge for every restraint, whether an injury occured or not.

Also, there is not test for "drug addiction" or "problem", like a blood test.  There is a 14-30 day evaluation period.  If a child met the criteria for admission, during that time, they were discharged.  While I was at SAFE, it did happen where a child was discharged for not meeting the admission criteria.  Please consult the DSM-IV, so you will have a better understanding of what criteria a child needed to meet.  Without a diagnosis from this manual, no one can be admitted to SAFE.
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2003, 03:19:00 PM »
Antigen,

I am sure my father got around in his younger years, but I doubt that I am your son.  If I am you are pretty old, since I was a father when I first started working at SAFE.  I appreciate the attempt at beind condascending however.  You will just have to try harder.
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2003, 03:37:00 PM »
Yo!!!!

Motivating was ruled unsafe and we were stopped from doing it at Straight Boston beause of that reason.

It causes injury. Neck arm and back injuries. And no one was tied dowm we were held down to be specific by the loving arm legs and bodies of othe "kids helping kids" the counselors and I use the term quite loosely didn't dirty their hands in that way.

And it gives me pause to wonder what the fuck pardon my french but being from safe I am sure you heard that before,  probably in the context of like fuck you or something, but anyway what are you doing here if you feel so damn good about yourself.

You say you are a father. #1 you don't have to be that old to be a father, not that I am advocating teenage fatherhood but don't use that as a testiment to your age comparisson to Gingers. Also, would you want to do to your child what you saw done in Safe? Answer honestly.

What are you doing here answer that one honestly also.

:skull: how well do you sleep at night?

Web pages are like babies -- creation involves a level of enthusiasm that does not necessarily carry over into maintenance.
--Joe Chew

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »
ignore all the typos. I am a fast reckless typer.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

--Buddha

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline ehm

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2003, 03:39:00 PM »
You?re defending a program here that has DESTROYED thousands of innocent children's/adult's lives and driven others to heavy drug use and/or suicide. Not to mention the thousands of dollars needed to be spent on therapy, RECOVERING from the illegal and cruel forms of treatment/imprisonment used in places such as Safe.

If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race?
--Frederic Bastiat -- 1801-1850

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=8&Sort=D

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2003, 03:46:00 PM »
While I was at SAFE, kids did not restrain kids.  I was involved in the restraints and they were performed in line with how we were trained.  Again, I heard from group staff that had been in Straight, that kids used to restrain kids.  This did not happen at SAFE.  

Would I want my kids to go through what I saw if they needed to-you would not believe my answer if I told you the truth.  

I sleep very well at night.  I think that how SAFE implemented the treatment model, differed greatly from what others had experienced at Straight, Seed, etc.  

During the time that HRS put us on "probation" and we were being investigated, whether or not the kids could or should "motivate" never came up.  Loretta P.  got into a power struggle with HRS and they looked at every single thing we did.  Motivating was never an issue.  Regardless of your opinions of HRS, they were a 3rd party entity that could have tried to stop it if they thought it was a problem.  They never said a word.

Why am I here?  I find this whole discussion fascinting.  I also feel very proud of what happened while I was at SAFE and am trying to understand where others are coming from.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2003, 03:50:00 PM »
you obviously lack compassion if you can label an entire conversation about treatment that destroyed the lives of children interesting. I would not leave you with my hampster let alone my child.

You did not answer my question Would you do that to YOUR child?

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues

--Abraham Lincoln

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2003, 03:54:00 PM »
I do not find the abuse of treatment or anything along those lines fascinating.  I am sorry that i gave you that impression.  What I find fascinating is the wide variety of opinions.

As long as Loretta P. had nothing to do with the program, and they removed all parents who have kids in the program from any staff positions, and the treatment model was being applied as it was when I worked there, I would move to Orlando to become a local host home parent.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline ehm

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2003, 04:22:00 PM »
"... Boy, was I crushed, but it was then that I knew I was on my own and I had to do everything and anything to make them all believe that I was part of them... I even made myself belive it..... I sure would like to run into that oldcomer today, I am 43 now and that's a scar that I will probably take to my grave......" -- Bigfrank

And he did, as did many others.

Exsafecounselor,
You may find these conversations fasinating, but perhaps you need to open your eyes and do some research into what you're talking about before you start blowing sunshine up your own ass for the children you've so-called helped. The traumas we all suffered can last a lifetime, and at best, we will recover. At worst, we die trying.

:???: This is treatment?

It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2003, 04:29:00 PM »
A TOAST AND LOVE TO BIG FRANK!!!!!!!

Come the millennium,

month 12,

in the home of greatest power,

the village idiot will come forth to
be acclaimed the leader.
--Nostradamus

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »
Who is bigfrank?

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
I am an exsafe counselor
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2003, 04:40:00 PM »
Bigfrank was a contributor to the Seed discussion forum. Bigfrank had undergone abuse in the Safe predecessor, The Seed, as a young man that affected him into adulthood.

Bigfrank had a drug problem that largely developed after leaving The Seed (very common) and was found dead of an overdose last year.

It has ever been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues

--Abraham Lincoln