Author Topic: "I need to share this thought!" for my program...  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
"I need to share this thought!" for my program...
« on: October 28, 2003, 05:53:00 PM »
A funny thing happened to me recently and I remembered just how much I need to be grateful to be so far from the Miller way of thought touching my life!

I always hated the way that freaking program helped us "clear our conscience" with absolutely NO regard for those we dumped such hurtful things on....  what a weird world. I was once betrayed deeply and badly hurt and had to sit & hear all the gory details so my offender could be absolved...  hmmmm...  Does the Big Book & Bill W actually subscribe to that?  It is like the recovering addict is the center of the universe & believe all of us touched by them give a crap about their bs admissions and day to day lives.  Such a self centered way of thinking.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »
Actually, no, the big book is very explicit that you  should not confess when it would harm others... that's why the ninth step reads made direct amends to such people whenever possible EXCEPT WHEN TO DO SO WOULD INJURE THEM OR OTHERS...

Part of that was quite explicitly a get-out clause so Bill W. wouldn't have to reveal his numerous mistresses (one of whom actually still, or her descendents) gets royalties from the big book, to his wife, but it's a valid principle whatever its roots.

it's discussed in the step in the big book and 12 and 12, i think-- with explicit reference to adulterous affairs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 11:09:00 AM »
I have certainly met my share of people who use the big book or even the bible in this self-serving way

Offline John Olsakovsky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 11:26:00 AM »
We all met Miller Newton...  The worst of them all.

I won't go into an anti-religion rant here.
PFFFFFT!\"
   - Bill the Cat