Author Topic: The Whooter Show - Cancelled  (Read 13234 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: The Whooter Show - Cancelled
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
Yeah, nobody's debate skills are sharpened by an asshole who repeats ad nauseum "You rape your own kids and sell drugs to other kids."  All his shit was specious and circular anyway.  There was no debate whatsoever, just Whooter obfuscating and lying.  Nobody's skills improved based on "arguing" with Whooter.  He was so over the top he appeared to be a parody of a program supporter anyway.  He was and is a waste of space and air.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2011, 01:20:21 PM »
I agree with this take to some extent, too.

I usually didn't get why people would give him so much airtime by going around and around with him.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2011, 01:40:18 PM »
Well, here's what he would do to bury information or market a program...  If you started a thread he would just start spamming it with links from a program website.  If you responded, he responded two more times, burying your stuff even further.  If you didn't respond, he would continuously delete and repost his last post to keep his marketing threads at the top of the "new posts" section.  Basically you were damned if you did and damned if you didn't.  Personally, I got sick of it and thought up a way to get rid of him and it worked flawlessly.  I put him into my own personal program and he lasted a mere four weeks before getting perma-banned.  Well worth the investment, IMHO.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2011, 02:19:12 PM »
Let's kill the show. For reals. (To qualify: I mean the persona, our obsession with it - not the person)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2011, 05:31:38 PM »
I'll second that.

Offline Maximillian

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 03:32:10 PM »
Whooter was such a tool, man.  That guy thought he was so smart.  He got his ass handed to him.

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 01:41:36 PM »
The pwnage of Whooter was complete.  He was far, far inferior to DJ in every respect.

:guesswho:  Whooter was just a plain old idiot.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Maximillian

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »
Whooter reads every day but he's impotent so now he is posting as "Mark1986" because he was owned by DJ, exposed as a fake parent with fake kids,, completely outsmarted and fully embarassed. Now all he can do is keep pretending to be others and proxying up. Sad, sad existence of a troll with no life other than fornits.  I called STICC yesterday and asked for John Reuben. When I was put through I kept calling him "Whooter" and he kept responding to it. What a shameless liar! You were owned Whooter. Move on.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2011, 10:34:58 AM »
Quote from: "Marc1986"
Whooter was owned by just about everyone who faced him. Lets face it he was an idiot and a tool for the industry.

I could not agree more with this statement.  However, "Marc," Whooter was pulling your leg on the rest.  I can post here whenever I like without restrictions.  Whooter was banned for life because I control his behavior.  I set him up to fail and he did, just as I intended.  So you got it a bit mixed up, "Marc," as it was Whooter who was "exposed" as a total phony and liar and his humiliation was complete.  He is no longer allowed here because he played a game with me that he should have known he did not have the intellectual bandwidth to win.  I hope that helps clear up your misconceptions, "Marc."

:guesswho:

Have a nice day.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 10:47:13 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Marc1986"
Whooter was owned by just about everyone who faced him. Lets face it he was an idiot and a tool for the industry.

I could not agree more with this statement.  However, "Marc," Whooter was pulling your leg on the rest.  I can post here whenever I like without restrictions.  Whooter was banned for life because I control his behavior.  I set him up to fail and he did, just as I intended.  So you got it a bit mixed up, "Marc," as it was Whooter who was "exposed" as a total phony and liar and his humiliation was complete.  He is no longer allowed here because he played a game with me that he should have known he did not have the intellectual bandwidth to win.  I hope that helps clear up your misconceptions, "Marc."

:guesswho:

Have a nice day.

Personally I think you took the cheap way (as opposed to arguing) out by tricking him into getting me to shut him up of his own consent, but in a way I don't blame you.  Whooter did have a tendency to enrage people.  He would go round and round in propogandic circles until people lost control.  That isn't to excuse them of their personal responsibilities for their actions but it does help explain why they happened.  You weren't the only one driven to want to shut the guy up.  Hell.  I was once a proponent of doing so.  But the fact is that I was right.  Look at the dates of the postings in the TTI forum.  It has never been this slow.  I don't see why you're so proud and cocky about what you've done.  This is your hollow victory.  The forum is on the verge of dying, the responsibility for which is almost entirely on you (as you yourself agreed).  This issue needed discussion.  The propaganda needed to be debunked.  Whooter provided a constant punching bag of bullshit to kick the crap out of.  Without his side of the argument, there is no argument at all. All it is is preaching.  And with no audience, preaching very quickly gets very boring.  None of the difficult questions are answered anymore.  The propaganda techniques are not being pointed out.  As a result, there is a lack of activity.  As a result, people stop reading.  And because they don't read, the sparks of a "good" post fail to ignite any sort of good discussion.  The thread simply dies a lonely death.  I hope you're happy for what you've done.

And what pisses me off too is that I knew this would happen and that's why I told you it would be "necessary to invent" Whooter.  That's why I wanted to make you promise what I asked you (to play a devil's advocate).  And you threw it in my face when I might have prevented this.  And now that you see this happening...   Do I see some charachter like this stirring up discussion, or taking an industry viewpoint?  Nope.  All I see you doing is gloating over nothing and its sad.  You've actually convinced your'self that you've won.  This forum saved my life by helping me put together the pieces of what happened to me and now, it's in tatters.  Well.  That's you're fault.  You admitted that.  So what are you going to do about it?  Personally I suggest you take the role I suggested earlier to heart, you agree to un-ban whooter, or you invite a replacement programmie.  I don't have the time to play devil's advocate as i'm working long hours now and frankly, this is your mess.  You clean it up.  There needs to be dark for there to be light.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline quanat

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2011, 03:47:44 AM »
g
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 06:50:46 PM by quanat »

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2011, 06:58:16 AM »
I agree with you, quanat.  The only person who misses Whooter is psy.  I will never agree to allow him back.  He ruined this site and everyone's experience here.  Good riddance to bad garbage.  At least people can post what they want and have it accessible for reading.  I'm sorry, psy, but most people stopped posting and reading because of that idiot.  Now they're starting to come back, but this place was damaged so badly it won't recover fully and many of us now use other venues and tactics for messaging.  You can try to blame me for the"decline of fornits" but nobody buys that but you.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
I sure don't miss all that whooter business. I do think the forum was hurt at least partly by his never-ending presence. Another reason for some slow down may be the welcome situation of so many programs closing up shop. Also, some of us (I know I'm not alone in feeling this way) have said about all we have to say ten times over and simply have nothing new to add.

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
Activity is not readability, psy. The presence of trolls makes the forum more active on a posts-per-day basis but less readable when it comes to understanding information. It's difficult to get anything of value out of a forum continuously flooded with crap, and people taking the crap seriously, and people responding to the crap...
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2011, 02:25:41 PM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
Activity is not readability, psy. The presence of trolls makes the forum more active on a posts-per-day basis but less readable when it comes to understanding information.

Precisely my point, PODK.  The analogy goes something like this:

"Concerning dinner, I have good news and bad news.  The bad news is that the food is garbage.  The good news is there's plenty of it."

Buzzkill has a pont, too.  As our industry bogeymen get clobbered and run out of town on a rail we have less to do here.  

Plus, many of us have gone to more "direct drive" activities like politicking, lobbying, contacting state agencies directly and counter-marketing (which I have been very busy doing).  Additionally, there are a lot more social media outlets to use for this purpose.  On top of those facts, many people here have been posting for 6,7,8,9, 10 years or more and have run out of material.  There's not much more to add as this forum becomes a historical archive.  Any question, complaint or argument has been engaged and dissected ad nauseum already.  Many of us don't feel like typing in the same things for the umpteenth time.  Our thoughts are already present in the archives.

If you really want to know what drove away people en masse...it's censorship.  Most of us got sick of our posts being edited, deleted or moved and just take care of our business elswhere where we needn't be fettered by it.

For this forum to be great again like it was prior to Whooter's arrival, some innovation is required.  Same old stale threads in the same old tired forums don't attract new readers and content providers.  That's just the way it is.  If Fornits were a business it would be justifiably going under because it has become passe.  That's not to say it isn't the very best clearinghouse for program information and data - it is.  Unfortunately, that isn't enough to drive traffic.

Having dimwitted assholes like Whooter shitting all over everything and everyone never added value and it never will.  I would wager that the vast majority of people here would peg the decline of Fornits to Whooter's arrival, not his departure.  On its face that notion is a profound absurdity.

-Arthur Schopenhauer