Author Topic: WorldWorks Inc. Orange County California  (Read 30535 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
WorldWorks Inc. Orange County California
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Necropost time? Necropost time.

What is it that qualifies necropost time?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
World Works
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 11:24:58 PM »
Wow I just did the intro course with world works - I thought it was great, wonderful, a good experience.  Now I am THINKING of doing the next one called the "Experience" but no one will tell you what it is - you can find lots of day by day literature on the Intro course from other studies but none on the Experience.  I am not sure how I feel about the organization or about anything.  I guess like I said - they have good ideas but there are many roads to getting there...anyway I could use some help if anyone has any info!  Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
World Works
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 11:26:48 PM »
Wow I just did the intro course with world works - I thought it was great, wonderful, a good experience.  Now I am THINKING of doing the next one called the "Experience" but no one will tell you what it is - you can find lots of day by day literature on the Intro course from other studies but none on the Experience.  I am not sure how I feel about the organization or about anything.  I guess like I said - they have good ideas but there are many roads to getting there...anyway I could use some help if anyone has any info!  Thank you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2007, 12:23:08 AM »
Here's a suggestion, read the rest of this thread, thoroughly.

Especially the shill posts- you DO realize that they want to make you just like them?

Offline Enlightend

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2007, 01:04:10 AM »
Code: [Select]
I went through the world works intro and the experience.  If I had to say anything to anyone it would be to RUN from this training.  They create a dependency on them, at least they tell you are dependent on them .  They mention that how you need to have integrity and realize how your actions affect those around you but they will pressure you to let down your family and friends so you can be there for your "team mates" and the "program" in other words they don't practice what they preach.  They become your family and you can't be a great person in the world without their support.  It is so easy to get disillusioned I did at one point too.  I am blessed to have the husband and mother that I do otherwise I might still be buying into their crap.  I actually enrolled someone I love into it, then I pulled them out because my eyes were a little bit more open then.  It is what everyone here is trying to say about it being a cult and bad.  Please listen.....

Offline Enlightend

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »
Sorry about the green code of my last post.  I am not sure what went wrong...

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2007, 01:31:40 PM »
You are forgiven.
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: WorldWorks Inc. Orange County California
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 05:25:59 AM »
World works is definately different thant the other transformational clinics. I am in the 2nd month of Leadership practice and I have changed my life and way of looking at life for the better.  I would say the main difference is Lisa kalmin and Lynne E. Sheridan the 2 main trainers.  They truely live a life of integrity, honesty, loving and giving.  They care about everyone in the training, past and present and offer you coaching when ever you need it.  I would say World Works is much different than other transformational workshops due to these 2 ladies.  They truely believe in giving and love and in a transformed world.  I never felt pushed into doing things I didn't want to do and I feel everyone involved truely cares about me as a person.
As far as the money goes...of course it's a business!  you pay for groceries right? I used to pay to go to Yoga!  starbucks makes more money than Worldworks and they aren't making the world a better place.  yes, some people might have bad experiences, but that does no justice to the overall good of world works!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2011, 10:58:02 AM »
Quote from: "peace"
World works is definately different thant the other transformational clinics. I am in the 2nd month of Leadership practice and I have changed my life and way of looking at life for the better.  I would say the main difference is Lisa kalmin and Lynne E. Sheridan the 2 main trainers.  They truely live a life of integrity, honesty, loving and giving.  They care about everyone in the training, past and present and offer you coaching when ever you need it.  I would say World Works is much different than other transformational workshops due to these 2 ladies.  They truely believe in giving and love and in a transformed world.  I never felt pushed into doing things I didn't want to do and I feel everyone involved truely cares about me as a person.
As far as the money goes...of course it's a business!  you pay for groceries right? I used to pay to go to Yoga!  starbucks makes more money than Worldworks and they aren't making the world a better place. yes, some people might have bad experiences, but that does no justice to the overall good of world works!
In other words, the ends justify the means, eh?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: WorldWorks Inc. Orange County California, Lisa Kalmin cu
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2011, 01:18:58 PM »
I went through the intro, experience and partway through the leadership program, at which point I realized how much of a cult the organization was. I read a lot online about the psychological tactics they use to establish dominance and break you down... it's intense.

They definitely try to take up most of your time and use you to do all the organization's work- so basically you PAY them to volunteer for them. Kalmin must be making SOOOOOO much money off of this! She is some kind of psycho witch in my opinion. This organization needs to be exposed.

By the way, all of these organizations are derivatives of EST, which was developed by a charlatan called Werner Erhard (not his real name). Do some research and you'll find out how far back this goes.

Good luck! Don't get scammed!

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2011, 02:35:11 PM »
Stupid is as stupid does..  ::poke::

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 04:55:08 AM »
To hell with this......I got to go sell me some amway now. :roflmao:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2012, 04:23:51 PM »
Took the Intro - left almost all the way through the course after getting nothing of value (a rehash of every other transformational course I've ever taken, and poorly done at that - also outdated - this course is a almost verbatim the Lifespring seminar that has remained virutually unchanged since the 70s, with no regard for cultural changes - in fact was formerly "Lifespring DC" - the name was changed after numerous lawsuits brought against Lifespring DC and other Lifespring operations - the intellectual property is still licensed to companies such as World Works and MITT in Los Angeles - all the same content) and just being generally disappointed with the level of manipulation and pressure being administered by the course leader (Lynn E Sheridan) and the "staff" (actually volunteers who give appalling amounts of their free time to work for the company for free - giving the company a free work force that often works far over full-time hours with little sleep before, during, after, and between courses) to register into subsequent programs.

When questioned by course members about the pressure and manipulation to register, the course leader told these "errant" course members that THEY were manipulating the course by asking questions. Earlier in the course, course members were derided for NOT questioning what the group was doing (and exercise to "show" how people do not question the status quo, and do not "stand up" for others) and yet here, when people stood up to the group, they were shot down.

The people I knew who had taken the course before me were irate that I left, told me I didn't "get it" becuase I didn't stay, so I "missed the whole point" , and have virtually stopped talking to me since - except to ask me when I am I going to re-take it, and/or if I will come to another guest even for another World Works course.

I have taken literally 20+ transformational courses prior to this one (also derivative of Alexander Everett's work - not Werner Ehrard, just for the record - he was derivative of Alexander Everett, but was better known, so people think it comes from him - also, for the record, Everett's work was extrememly powerful, but did not require "sharing" ie registering others, was NO pressure, and often involved no public sharing during a course at all - all these elements were added by Erhard later and became de rigueur for LGATs ever after ), so it's not that I don't have the stamina or courage for this kind of work. It's just that this course was sub-par, and as far as I've seen, the results are weak, at best. The people I know who have taken them are no better off than before, no more succesful, have no more power or results -other than a good FEELING - and seem to be in need  of - or feel they are in need of - more courses.

AIso, took them months to refund me the money I had paid up front for a course I ended up not taking - just as a business practice, sort of bush-league.

Skip it. Landmark Forum gives far better results as far as I've ever seen, is cheaper, fewer days/hours, and has improved  over time based on participants' feedback and  results.