Author Topic: Boxes of Crazy  (Read 1870 times)

Offline Hedge

• View Profile
Boxes of Crazy
« on: January 04, 2011, 09:45:39 PM »
Hey folks,

I was just reading in another thread - http://http://www.fornits.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=31368&start=15 - where someone referred to their program stuff as a box of crazy.

I have a box of crazy too - a filebox, specifically, which is full of my diary sheets, notes other girls passed to me, magazine cutouts and song lyrics I used to look at when I was depressed, and worksheets, all grouped by facility or time period. I keep it in my closet, or under a side table if I've been going through it recently.

I've been thinking about my box of crazy lately. What is my plan for it? Will I destroy it eventually? Put it in my will for someone else to destroy it?

I haven't figured that stuff out yet for myself. So I wanted to ask you - do you have a box of crazy? What do you do with it now, and what do you plan to do with it in the future?

Hedge
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Boxes of Crazy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:36:27 PM »
I had abox o shit like that too, juvy court documents, shit from stop camp, state shool psych evals, books & books full of MI s........andthat goddamn blue paper that we usta get for 7stepping at str8......put it all in the gas grill, cracked a red stripe, and said flame on......goodbye to bad rubbish :nods:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:07:08 PM »
Man this site is telepathic or just spooky.  We/I were just talking about this very subject over this past weekend. One of my friends was diagnosed with cancer :( and he brought this subject up. He said he had info from his early life juvie, program and Military DD214 stuff that he was wondering if he wanted just anybody seeing it. He suggested having a ceremonial burning of all the material and letting it go.

IDK.... I am not there yet. I still want to hang on to mine. Maybe give my daughter more insight into my past then she has now. Some people say your letters and pictures tell a different story then the one you would tell.  Like a different portal has been opened into your soul. I don't want to be afraid anymore of my past maybe this will help.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:01:25 PM by heretik »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 11:17:49 PM »
Some say that those who forget the past, are condemned to repeat it...

For me, my perspective changed over the years and I had far more insight at a later time. First hand material assisted in that process.

But, to each his own. I've also heard some say that the funeral pyre was especially cathartic.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »
As part of my new year's, I always clean out the clutter.   I got my box of CEDU crazy too, but it is currently stored in NM.  Not sure what I'll do with it once I clean out that storage unit.  I recently moved, and also found these packets of exes... letters, doo dads. I hate to burn a once sweet thing - especially from the first love, and even from my worst love, but am really trying to cut out old stuff. Wish I could just mail it back; they could read it and laugh over the foolishness of it all... the ardent declarations...  It's not so far off the Box of Crazy from CEDU. The shit we have ourselves believe. We all drink the Kool Aid to some extent. Sometimes its dangerous; sometimes it gets us by.