Author Topic: Molestation in Host Homes  (Read 3208 times)

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Molestation in Host Homes
« on: December 18, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »
Sort of a touchy subject to bring up, but my last host home before I left Straight one of the host family members touched me inappropiately while I was on a 5th phase day off. I told the host parents about it and also reported it to staff.. And the only thing that happened was staff told the host family that that family member could not be there while phasers were there.

Should they not have contacted the appropriate authorities ???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Molestation in Host Homes
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 02:55:59 AM »
Yes, they should have called the police..and yes their inaction was/is illegal...
It happened to me too in there, Botched...only it was while I was trying to sleep...and it came from my oldcomer.

I recently got group attacked on fb for confronting my primary executive staff counselor for not reporting it.

KHK'ers that were not even in there with me group attacked me...They had NO right..and I have every right to confront a demon of mine...simply b/c it is mine to confront.

Then i got banned from the group and everyone that defended me did too...BTW the ones who defended me were STR8 survivors. I laugh when people (khk'ers) say that str8 ws worse than khk ...really? Is that why str8 survivors actually have the balls/tits to confront the abuse and bs head on instead of pussy footing around it like most khk'ers do? REALLY?

makes me want to just  ::puke::

-DP
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 03:41:26 PM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
Yes, they should have called the police..and yes their inaction was/is illegal...
It happened to me too in there, Botched...only it was while I was trying to sleep...and it came from my oldcomer.

I recently got group attacked on fb for confronting my primary executive staff counselor for not reporting it.

KHK'ers that were not even in there with me group attacked me...They had NO right..and I have every right to confront a demon of mine...simply b/c it is mine to confront.

Then i got banned from the group and everyone that defended me did too...BTW the ones who defended me were STR8 survivors. I laugh when people (khk'ers) say that str8 ws worse than khk ...really? Is that why str8 survivors actually have the balls/tits to confront the abuse and bs head on instead of pussy footing around it like most khk'ers do? REALLY?

-DP
Alot of folks seem to get upset when former staff are publicly confronted for their past sins. When I went on FB and called out a couple of staffers for their BS I was on my own. Not one other person joined in to "get my back". For awhile I thought I was just an asshole. Then i realized I don't give a shit. Like me or don't like me, that is their choice. I'm gonna keep calling it like I see it. I despise unrepentant former staffers.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 05:05:58 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"
Alot of folks seem to get upset when former staff are publicly confronted for their past sins. When I went on FB and called out a couple of staffers for their BS I was on my own. Not one other person joined in to "get my back". For awhile I thought I was just an asshole. Then i realized I don't give a shit. Like me or don't like me, that is their choice. I'm gonna keep calling it like I see it. I despise unrepentant former staffers.

Obviously no one had your back because they're nothing but a bunch of ASSHOLES on that site..not too hard to figure out (I don't go there, but it sounds like I don't need to in order to make this assessment.) Bunch of fucking jerks most likely, probably saying stuff along the lines of "you should get over it" and "it's time to move on," and all that crap.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 06:00:56 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"

Obviously no one had your back because they're nothing but a bunch of ASSHOLES on that site..not too hard to figure out (I don't go there, but it sounds like I don't need to in order to make this assessment.) Bunch of fucking jerks most likely, probably saying stuff along the lines of "you should get over it" and "it's time to move on," and all that crap.

You know it. A gaggle of toolbags telling each other how bad they needed it and shit like "we all have to remember where we came from". I remember where i came from alright. When I landed at Straight I had smoked some weed and had a few beers. Wow, yeah what a fuckin addict I was at age 15.
You know what though, I'm sorry for even implying that anybody even should "have my back" or whatever. I know each person does what they can handle. I quit FB anyway.
As to the topic of this thread. Although I never personally witnessed it, I heard rumors of many many things. Where theres smoke...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2010, 12:06:16 AM »
"we all have to remember where we came from"

Indeed, what crap! I did a fair amount of drugs before getting shanghaied into that place, but that "logic" is still 100% crap. It may be trite (but it's true) to say that NO ONE needed to be subjected to STRAIGHT INC., no matter how many drugs they did, how addicted they may have been to any of them (Straight was at a total loss when it came to dealing with any sort of REAL physical drug addiction, by the way...but i digress), or whatever it was that made their knuckle-headed parents (or the courts) decide to send them to that idiotic, abusive hellhole...but I'll say it again!

Offline Judge Joe Brown

• View Profile
deleted September 8, 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »
deleted September 8, 2011
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:37:12 AM by Judge Joe Brown »

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »
Botch, DP, Shaggy and Frodie I say fuck 'em 4 times, there is a lot of abuse that goes on from the very people who should be looking out for you. This whole industry is fucked up from the top on down and everything to the sides. I have never heard a great story yet come out of a program now or then. The violence has just changed from physical to verbal.
DP I believe I was informed of your plight by a person who used to post here, he reads that facebook site. That must have been very difficult to go through.
Thanks Botch for your openness.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 06:32:37 AM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"

-DP

Here's the names of some particularly abusive Str8 staff:  Miller Newton (of course), Ruth Ann Newton (of course), William Rollins, Alice Bowen Rollins, Scarlet Allen, Jim Sailor, Shawn Arnot, Kevin Lowe, Steve Meade, Dean Mistretta, and others.   They can all die and suck dicks in Hell for all I care.  

Confront whoever you feel the need to, if they were complicit in abuse that you endured.  Fuck them.....if they wer e on staff @ Straight, they accepted financial compensation for their efforts as professional child abusers.  They deserve no sympathy whatsoever.

As far as the cocksuckers on the FB group that tell you to "get over it", well, they can go get fucked, too.  Obviously they thought it was some kind of fun summer camp or something, but that just illustrates the depths of their delusions.  Str8 was fucked up, and to pretend it was anything other than systematic child abuse is ludicrous.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
What is a host home and oldcommer?  I assumed a host home was a foster care set up.
HOST HOME:  The Way Straight INC worked the local parents of children in the program would accept the facility to place out of state children in their homes, the local parents fee for the kid to be in the program was less than out of state kids...

OLDCOMER: When a kid reached phase 2 he was no longer a newcomer. He was responsible for leading newcomers in and out from the building by their beltloop and back and forth to the bathrooms and to get their lunches, but the most fearsome job was having to watch you newcomer take a shit and shower... Oh and the olcomer would have to go over the newcomers MI's... and mostly tried to make their newcomers comform to the practices of the program

MI: Moral Inventory... MI's were written each night by every kid in the program ... It consisted of something they noticed they needed to work on ... 3 short term goals and 1 long term goal... and a blessing at the end..

This is the way I remember it

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
"we all have to remember where we came from"

Indeed, what crap! I did a fair amount of drugs before getting shanghaied into that place, but that "logic" is still 100% crap. It may be trite (but it's true) to say that NO ONE needed to be subjected to STRAIGHT INC., no matter how many drugs they did, how addicted they may have been to any of them (Straight was at a total loss when it came to dealing with any sort of REAL physical drug addiction, by the way...but i digress), or whatever it was that made their knuckle-headed parents (or the courts) decide to send them to that idiotic, abusive hellhole...but I'll say it again!

again .....MOTHERFUCKIN TESTIFY........no,zip zero nada medical screening pre program,or You try
 walkin into a cris cassler/liz cassady "Love-rap" whilst dope sick..... :nods:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 11:07:03 PM by seamus »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 11:05:08 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
What is a host home and oldcommer?  I assumed a host home was a foster care set up.
HOST HOME:  The Way Straight INC worked the local parents of children in the program would accept the facility to place out of state children in their homes, the local parents fee for the kid to be in the program was less than out of state kids...

OLDCOMER: When a kid reached phase 2 he was no longer a newcomer. He was responsible for leading newcomers in and out from the building by their beltloop and back and forth to the bathrooms and to get their lunches, but the most fearsome job was having to watch you newcomer take a shit and shower... Oh and the olcomer would have to go over the newcomers MI's... and mostly tried to make their newcomers comform to the practices of the program

MI: Moral Inventory... MI's were written each night by every kid in the program ... It consisted of something they noticed they needed to work on ... 3 short term goals and 1 long term goal... and a blessing at the end..

Host homes were originaly called "foster homes" but the state (with their own fostercare program) made them change the terminology
?©?€~¥@

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »
somebody shoulda got locked up over that, A the purp,and  B whoever obstucted the reporting of a sexual battery.
   And oh mama the civil suit,especially if the perp had priors,and said program knew beforehand,(no asshattery of pun intended)....shitty choice of words,sorry.

Disclaimer: Rational ralph is a CARTOON CHARACTER, dont read too much into it.........if I wanted to talk seriously bout junk touchin adults I could.......
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 01:54:49 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"
Quote from: "Botched Programming"

Host homes were originaly called "foster homes" but the state (with their own fostercare program) made them change the terminology
Juvenile justice organizations have programs incorporating a concept very similar to host homes which they call "proctor programs." According to Layne Meacham, who I may well not be interpreting correctly, these are probably based on one such program started in the New Bedford, Massachusetts, area in the early 1970s. Here's the obit of the man who started that program:

John E. McManus, human services provider[/list]
      BOURNE -- John E. McManus, 72, former executive director of the Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers, died of cancer at his home in Buzzards Bay on Saturday, Jan. 2, 1999.

Mr. McManus dedicated his life's work to the human service profession, serving as the former director of the Rhode Island Department for Children and their Families; on the Massachusetts Conference on Social Welfare's board of directors; as commissioner of the Department of Youth Services; as an assistant commissioner and director of social services for Massachusetts; as director of the Massachusetts Division of Child Guardianship and Division of Family and Children's Services; and as the executive director of the New Bedford Child and Family Services.

As the director of the New Bedford agency, Mr. McManus instituted the Proctor Program, an alternative to traditional detention for females aged 13 to 17.

Instead of locking up the young offenders, the goal of the program was to provide them with a one-on-one relationship with an adult female "proctor" to help rehabilitate them, and steer them away from a life of crime.

Mr. McManus also amassed an impressive list of accomplishments during his tenure with the Massachusetts Council of Human Service Providers. He worked tirelessly with the governor, the cabinet and directors of state agencies to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the state human service system.

His leadership earned him wide respect and his accomplishments made a major impact on the lives of people throughout Massachusetts. He was referred to as the "elder statesman of human services in the commonwealth."

He was a true champion for people who are disabled, disadvantaged, underprivileged, and for all who need help. There was a motivation behind Mr. McManus that was evidenced by his favorite statement, "We have to get them to realize that what they are doing affects the children we serve."

Mr. McManus was the husband of Ann (Fitzgerald) McManus and the late Mary (McSweeney) McManus. He was the father of Mary Marrano of Plymouth, Anne McManus of Sandwich, John J. McManus of Sandwich and Jeanne Takahashi of North Plymouth and is survived by 8 grandchildren.

A funeral Mass to celebrate his life will be at a time to be announced Wednesday at St. Margaret's Church in Buzzards Bay.

Arrangements are by the Stott, Chapman, Cole & Gleason Funeral Home, 2599 Cranberry Highway (Route 28), Wareham.
    [/size]
    Fwiw, Layne Meacham even named one of his own programs "Proctor Advocate," averring it was based in part on McManus' program.* Someone in his organization was also sent by Meacham to New Jersey for training by Miller Newton in his KHK staff training enterprise. Also fwiw, both of Meacham's programs closed and/or were subsequently shut down during circumstances in which several families and/or kids alleged abuse, in abusive program tolerant Utah. I feel compelled to add that Mr. Meacham has indicated and/or insinuated that there were personal differences and misunderstandings involved, not to mention some less than scrupulous and politically motivated decision-making on the part of certain Utah government officials.

-------------- --------------
    * In Meacham's own words:

"You want to know if I tailored my program after Miller Newton and if we called them host homes, did MI's what ever the they are. We used the term Proctor's from John McManus' Proctor Program in New Bedford Mass. He gave me permission to do so. I may have said that our program is like Kids before I even really new what kids was. So is that a third degree felony Phil? Of course you have never misspoke like when you bad mouthed Jerry and the Massachusetts movement. Of course your little Spanish Inquisition has no tolerance. If you use the word host home you are a very evil person in the Cult of Fornits (what is a Fornit, sounds like a little bug or something)"[/list][/size]
      -------------- • -------------- • --------------