Author Topic: wilhelm reich  (Read 1390 times)

Offline seamus

• View Profile
wilhelm reich
« on: December 15, 2010, 04:17:18 AM »
Anybody out there ever read anything by him? Was he brilliant of a load of shit? Why did the government burn his books?
  Was it because of his dim view of Freud ?( God,would I be in trouble) His leftist polititical leanings? Help a cracker out,here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: wilhelm reich
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 05:04:12 AM »
fuck me ................... this must be a real task for some  folks.......goddamn , I know it aint the fuckin bible but , fuck me runnin.......................what? NOTHIN ?       un real   bs all fuckin day with the whooter but got nothin to say ......to stupid ol' shamey..........fuck me.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 10:02:40 AM »
Quote from: "seamus"
Why did the government burn his books?

A possible answer to one of those questions:
"On December 12, 1941, five days after Pearl Harbor, Reich was arrested at his home at 2 a.m. by the FBI, and taken to Ellis Island, where he was held for over three weeks, because he was an immigrant with a communist background."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Re ... by_the_FBI
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 03:49:28 PM by Froderik »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 03:40:40 PM »
On further examination........Having recently read a bit more Im starting to see a connection between (get this) Wilhelm Reich, and Albert Ellis.....Fuck me but Ellis has even quoted Reich....they BOTH agree on  the idea of freud being full o shit.  So maybe freudian/Rogerian stuff isnt the end all be all of therapies...Im certain that some developmental issues Do ,to an extent, come into play. Just that they probably play a lesser role ,and the major role of past traumas..is kind of a self- induced conditioning. Hmmmm now Im left with more questions than answers......just what I get for tryin to think.
  So Im thinkin also that to most theraputic communities, The disregard for Freud, probably was threatning, so if one combines the Idea of a leftist,spouting anti-freudian ideas..such as making oneself free from sexual guilt,he'd be easily marginalized,ridiculed even to the point of book burning and incarceration.  
  Now the next bit of Reich im gonna "look inta" is the energy/weather /science end of it.....the "orgone" stuff...hard to say if it holds water or not as of yet.