Author Topic: some recent observations  (Read 2271 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
some recent observations
« on: December 04, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
In one of the news reports about KIDS they refer to Miller Newton as a doctor of anthropology.  Is that true ??  I don' know but prolly so. It's funny how that's what I study too.  What is anthropology ??  Isn't it the study of the way that people socialize  ??

I checked with my 10 pound dictionary and it says anthropology is the science that deals with human beings and especially with their physical characteristics, origin and distribution into races, environmental and social relations and culture.

That is wild to me because that is the very interest that has guided most of my life.  The Anarchist and the Institution.  They have to exist together.

I see the social dynamic that nurtured the group throughout the society.  Straight wasn't an aberration it was the general pattern in it's most basic and obvious form.  When I see that picture of those poor Indian kids at the Carlisle Indian school, you know that famous heartbreaking picture of those poor kids with their hair cut and their identities missing ??  When I look at that picture, I see the same thing that I see when I look at my own lifetime of experience and particularly the experience I had in $tr8 Incorporated.  Ever'body on the rez.

Weird how the relationship we had with the group became the primary relationship in our lives.  The most important thing in our lives and if we weren't sharing our feelings with group we thought we would go back to drugs and die.  And I was talkin with a friend who reminded me of the urgency with which we needed to share.  As if our lives depended on it and in the brainwash it did.  The is the kind of thing that in the end is a mal-adaption to the greater society.  It creates a social crisis in situations where an urgency to share feelings is completely inappropriate or simply foolish.  Everything about $tr8 was mal-adaptive.  It only served the interests of the status quo establishment.  They want slaves.

I've recently learned that right before they put me in $tr8 there were all kinds of rumors flying around about me that completely over-exaggerated my drug use.  The father of some girl I didn't even know very well and can barely remember now apparently called my mother and threatened my life and told her I was running a drug ring.  This idiot was employed by the CIA. I wasn't even dealing pot or anything and never had.  I was just smokin it with friends, daily at school or when we'd skip class.  There are various other examples I could site of my parents projecting their fears onto me.  Man they were just completely out of it.

I have no respect left for authority or the system or the law or "my elders" or God or any of it.  It's all about the money, no matter what they tell you, it's all about the money and all my childhood intuition has proven itself accurate.

We're all trapped in the program to one degree or another.  If your participating in the world economy your motivating. Namaste.

:clown:  :poison:  :peace:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: some recent observations
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
We're all trapped in the program to one degree or another.  If your participating in the world economy your motivating.

Yes, the minute you take a shit and flush, you're part of the system.

Offline Woof-a-Doof

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 12:27:13 AM »
I checked with my 10 pound dictionary and it says anthropology is the science that deals with human beings and especially with their physical characteristics, origin and distribution into races, environmental and social relations and culture.

What up P?

"anthropology is the science that deals with human beings and especially with their physical characteristics, origin and distribution into races, environmental and social relations and culture.'

Sociology, the scientific study of human social behavior. As the study of humans in their collective aspect, sociology is concerned with all group activities: economic, social, political, and religious. Sociologists study such areas as bureaucracy, community, deviant behavior, family, public opinion, social change, social mobility, social stratification, and such specific problems as crime, divorce, child abuse, and substance addiction. Sociology tries to determine the laws governing human behavior in social contexts.

Two seemingly close disciplines of which both study the human being. Antropology, in essence, studies the cultures of "other peoples", of a different time period, or from a different geographical location. Sociology is also a study of the human being. It's primary interest rests in the study of a particular study of ones own kind, in terms of geographical, racial, financial or social similarities.

In a nutshell:
•Anthropology – is a social science that is concerned with human culture as well as the physical and social characteristics that create that culture. Often it will compare one group of humans to another or even compare humans with animals.
•Sociology – is a social science that studies the functionality of human society including origins, development, and organization. It will also look at these attributes inside institutions and organizations

At the surface, immediately two differing schools of thought quickly become emeshed in heated debate...Two seperate viewpoints examining the same object. Yet, I think if used in conjunction with one another, very interesting things may be learned.

Consider:
1. Anthropology and sociology are both fields of social science that study the behavior of humans within their societies.
2. Traditionally anthropology dealt with the study of cultures different from one’s own, especially those less advanced while sociology was used to understand one’s own society.
3. Today anthropology tends to look at the big picture of human culture while sociology spends more time analyzing data from a specific study.
4. Anthropology is considered to be a softer science than sociology as it bases more of its conclusions on case studies than hard data.

It is my hope, dear Pirate, that the disipline which you have invested your time is by no means being dismissed. I would like, however to interject the idea that, Straight Inc. can, and perhaps would do well to be examined under multiple microscopes.

As we experienced, on many levels, the foul nature of Straight Inc. each level of offence could be examined, labled, addressed, discussed, ultimately understood, and dare I say, a healing could become manifest. Doesnt sound nearly as far fetched as it did say 10 years ago, does it. This effort of interviews, editing, promoting, financing, distrubuting...may well be far from a "study" in any stretch of the imagination.

However, the facts, as they were revealed, by all of us. The facts, as they will be presented, I sincerly think will set off a shit storm of sorts. We, as a collective, may not be able to emotionally set ourselves aside, to look at what we experience in an objective manner. However they do descide to present our facts...it's a compelling story. It is a story that will trigger much debate, hopefully in academia. If the academic community siezes this information...they must obviously see a problem! But what is it, is it antropological? Is it sociological? Then what is it called? Has it even been named? Is there a course of treatment?

I truly think the documentary, will in and of itself, create more questions than answers...for society. How could THIS have happened? How could THIS continue to be happening? Antropologist and Scoiologist alike will both be hard pressed to explain how thru history, mankind (oxymoron) has systematically abused, tortured, socially ostrisize those considered 'undesirable'. And then follow up by explaining how this can be done for a profit, for a few, supported by hundreds and effecting thousands....under the guise of "therapy"

I wish you dear friend;
Much Peace
Continued Healing
woof/dave
What is right is not always popular...What is popular is not always right

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 11:41:26 AM »
Our parents warned us about cults, but look what happened! So many families turned around and got hoodwinked by one of the worst cults ever (Straight). But the question here is... What exactly WAS Straight Inc., anyway? It seems that is what we want to know more about. Whose idea was Straight originally, and to what end? Was it really just about exploiting fear-ridden middle class families, or was there more to it than that? Nowadays I tend to believe it was a ramification of a vast conspiracy concocted by the same people who made marijuana illegal...there is much info supporting this allegation that's been uncovered already concerning certain politicians, corporations, the quashing of the hemp industry, etc (DuPont, and creeps like that).

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 12:14:47 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Our parents warned us about cults, but look what happened! So many families turned around and got hoodwinked by one of the worst cults ever (Straight). But the question here is... What exactly WAS Straight Inc., anyway? It seems that is what we want to know more about. Whose idea was Straight originally, and to what end? Was it really just about exploiting fear-ridden middle class families, or was there more to it than that? Nowadays I tend to believe it was a ramification of a vast conspiracy concocted by the same people who made marijuana illegal...there is much info supporting this allegation that's been uncovered already concerning certain politicians, corporations, the quashing of the hemp industry, etc (DuPont, and creeps like that).

I have wondered about these exact things myself. I would like to have concrete answers. Wish Sembler and company could be forced to testify in front of some gov't board of inquiry or somethin so we could get at least some of the truth.

dragonfly

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 12:36:12 PM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 02:22:04 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
We're all trapped in the program to one degree or another.  If your participating in the world economy your motivating.

Yes, the minute you take a shit and flush, you're part of the system.

Just remember, if you're not a part of the solution you're a part of the precipitate.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 02:23:21 PM »
It's colored brown, and it's comin' down..

Put that shit to good use!!

Makes good fertilizer.. or..

12,000 flaming bags of it on Sembler's doorstep?

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »
DOORSTEP? my arse, hows about under his pillow? :seg:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 07:29:24 PM »
The judicious use of TBPITW and other substances will eradicate the brainwashing from Str8.  Just be careful, the transformation into a non-brainwashed mind can be overwhelming sometimes, particularly if you have spent decades invested in a brainwashed mindset and its ideals and goals.  Take it easy, go slow, smoke lots of TBPITW, and you will be OK.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2010, 07:24:14 PM »
Quote from: "RTP2003"
The judicious use of TBPITW and other substances will eradicate the brainwashing from Str8.  Just be careful, the transformation into a non-brainwashed mind can be overwhelming sometimes, particularly if you have spent decades invested in a brainwashed mindset and its ideals and goals.  Take it easy, go slow, smoke lots of TBPITW, and you will be OK.

I just had to express my complete agreement with the above post. Excellent advice. Thanks.