Author Topic: The latest product placement in TV - Kids on Rehab  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
The latest product placement in TV - Kids on Rehab
« on: December 01, 2010, 05:02:15 AM »
The industry is starting to market themselves again - towards the kids!

There is a new shown on Nickelodeon called "Kids in Rehab"

Some of the facilities shown on the show is:

Nicholas, from New York, checked into Phoenix House on Long Island to get help with his addiction to prescription painkillers. “I worry about going home everyday. Everybody I hang out with uses and I feel I'm gonna fall right back into the same pattern, and that's not what I wanna do.” About Phoenix House, Nick says, It's a place that you can rise from you're ashes and have a fresh start.

Pat, from Maryland, who is addicted to alcohol and other drugs, and says he was "tricked" into going to Echo, a treatment facility in Malibu, Calif., by his parents. The facility uses an empowerment-based approach and many different therapies to help young addicts. Pat says, It's some of the hardest work that I've ever had to do, figuring out why I was using drugs. I feel like, if I didn't come here, then I would have been dead.

Ronald is in an outpatient treatment program for marijuana abuse at Daytop, in Hartsdale, NY.  "Everything you do has a consequence" and just because they don't catch you one day it's going to come out, and all you're doing is lying to yourself. Everybody thinks I'm gonna fail again. And I'm not. It's just motivating me to want to stay clean and show them that I can.

Payton and Molly are in treatment at Copper Canyon Academy in Arizona, a 12-step-based treatment center. Payton started drinking at age 11. "When I first got here I really didn't want to be sober."  I drank hand sanitizer. Rehab is hard work, but just taking it one day at a time, it's becomes a lot easier.Molly lived a drug-fueled life until her mom sent her to rehab. The 12 steps help me to realize that you want something better than what you've had. It doesn't matter what happened yesterday I can't control that, and I can't control what's going to happen tomorrow.  I can control what's happening right now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
Re: The latest product placement in TV - Kids on Rehab
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 05:39:08 PM »
http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/nick-ne ... isode.html

“If I didn’t come to rehab I’d probably be in jail right now” “What doesn’t show in the wash will show in the rinse” … (The Kid at Daytop)

It all comes out in the wash they say...a lot at Daytop. That loaded language is not that child's native tongue.

I’m somehow both unsurprised and disappointed that this is just another white washed infomercial, Nick News w/ Linda Ellerbe have covered some serious topics with far more depth than some of what I’ve seen on other networks,

They certainly could’ve done better than giving isolated accounts that show little (almost none) of the routine in the programs they featured (except of course the yoga). If the producers realized they weren’t being given access to more than interviews conducted during the course of individual counseling sessions, they should have taken issue with the fact that such sessions are not the mainstay of these programs and are hardly representative of the routine in Phoenix House or Daytop or for that matter “of following someone’s progress”. It’s nothing more than a propaganda piece when presented in such a limited context that doesn’t represent the “journey” or just daily life all of the other kids not selected to rep the program are having off camera.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 08:09:27 AM »
I cannot see the episodes so it would properly not matter if I wrote a letter to the management with some constructive criticizm of their program. It has to be set up nicely in a way so a suit guy would spend some seconds reading it. Who will email them in a civil matter? If there is no negative review from the public what prevents them from trying to make season 2?

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 02:06:53 AM »
It’s a good idea. I’ll give it a try.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline paulwarnner23

• View Profile
    • http://www.propstarbrandedentertainment.com
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 12:12:20 PM »
"Kids in Rehab" weird name