Author Topic: CEDU Spouses, Relatives, Sibligns - we have a voice  (Read 4400 times)

Offline Roy

• View Profile
CEDU Spouses, Relatives, Sibligns - we have a voice
« on: October 10, 2003, 09:23:00 PM »
I was married to staff of CEDU. It was hell going through the personality changes, the yelling, the mood swings and abuse role modeled by the CEDU culture. My spouse eventually went dead: Became a sleepwalker, was worked to death. There was no life, no thought, no belief, no conversation on anything but CEDU and the kids. This person's whole identity became CEDU and was lost to me. 25 years of hell living with it indirectly. Can you imagine what it must be like for the kids living in it? I invite Spouses and Relatives of CEDU and other programs to speak out.  :???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 09:41:00 PM »
::rocker::

If you don't mind, just for the sake of folks looking for us through the search engines, would you please expand the acronym 'CEDU' I can't recall offhand what the letters stand for.

Thanks for posting. I means so much to me personally. I used to wonder what the guys who worked at the lumber yard right next door to my own personal gulag used to think and why they never helped. Same with the neighbors who saw all the odd goings on at the host homes. I used to 'avoid myself' in group by splitting my attention between the rap (just enough to come up with the right thing to say in case I got called on) and daydreaming about all these peripheral witnesses busting down the doors and saving us all.

After 20 years, it seems it's finally starting to happen. A trickle here and a fallen wall there. But it's a definite trend. And I'm grateful to you for standing up.

The body of
        Benjamin Franklin, printer,
      (Like the cover of an old book,
            Its contents worn out,
    And scripts of it's lettering and gilding)
       Lies Here, food for worms!
     Yet the work itself shall not be lost,
For it will, as he believed, appear once more
                 In a new
         And more beautiful edition,
          Corrected and amended
                By it's Author!

Epitaph for himself.

--Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »
The Newmeyer sawmill next to RMA? Yes?

Well, at that location the town wanted the employment opportunities that the "schools" provided. They also thought the place a bit wierd, and this was true of course.

The workshops came out of Life spring. The Summit workshop is exactly the same as the Lifespring Advanced workshop except with the Red green game thrown in from the "basic." The Raps were synanon style. The "consequences" and agreements similar to Scientology ethics, There is a scientologt book of ethics. They do the same with people who are "Out Ethics." But, the schools call it "out of agreement" as you probably know. It's hell to disagree in a facist system. They both do the same thing. First you are isolated, then you do writing assignments until they are satisfied that you can reenter the group and have the "privledge" of talking to people. This occurrs when you are "in agreement" and you are no longer a problem to group-think by virtue of your "agreement" "ethics." This is an old system "propaganda by redefinition of words. Out of agreement is supposed to mean "not honest" but what it actually means is that if you think independently, or disagree, or say anything to anyone that is not something that CEDU culture believes you are a problem and you will be made to suffer by hard work and isolation - hours, days, and weeks, even months of sitting by yourself with only interaction with people trying to convince you that YOUR thought, beliefs, actions are wrong. Of course this is eventually proven correct, when after weeks of isolation and writing things that you don't believe that are never satisfactiry to staff - you go nuts, and do something really stupid, like cut on yourself, explode on someone, break things, thereten suicide or harm to another. This proves them right and you begin to give up your independent self. This is extensively described in literature as thought reform or brainwashing. You either turn around and endorse the beliefs of the group and are then showered with love, or you go to North Idaho Behavioral Health (Mental Hospital) C/O Dr Ulrich, where you will be observed and put on the necessary psychotropic drugs to make someone as nuts as to believe it is reasonable to think for him or herself Compliant. No, thank you for speaking up. I love that name "Antigen." Can I adopt "Antibody?"

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »
I wonder if it actually inferred a relationship to "The Seed." But, That may not be the case. What they have said as long as I have been around is that is means See (CE) who you are  And DO (DU) Something about it. My responce to them is "excuse me?" "CE who you are and DU pull your head out of your ass."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »
On 2003-10-14 09:48:00, Roy wrote:

"The Newmeyer sawmill next to RMA? Yes?

No, the lumber yard next door to 1401 Cattlemen Road in Sarasota, FL.

Well, at that location the town wanted the employment opportunities that the "schools" provided. They also thought the place a bit wierd, and this was true of course.

The workshops came out of Life spring. The Summit workshop is exactly the same as the Lifespring Advanced workshop except with the Red green game thrown in from the "basic." The Raps were synanon style. The "consequences" and agreements similar to Scientology ethics, There is a scientologt book of ethics. They do the same with people who are "Out Ethics." But, the schools call it "out of agreement" as you probably know.
No, I didn't know the lingo. Where can I find a copy of the clam's book of virtue? But if you like I can translate it into Straightling. I suppose it would be the same as being a jerk or misbehaver or full of shit or glorifying one's past.

It's hell to disagree in a facist system. They both do the same thing. First you are isolated, then you do writing assignments until they are satisfied that you can reenter the group and have the "privledge" of talking to people.

Little different. First comes group confrontation, then comes a good ass kicking, possibly a marathon (a rotating group of 4 or so kids who are "working their program" or "in compliance") who try alternately to get you to say the right words convincingly or to push you to fight back.

This occurrs when you are "in agreement" ["working your program" or "getting straight"] and you are no longer a problem to group-think by virtue of your "agreement" "ethics."  ["misbehavior" or "acting out" or "being a jerk"]This is an old system "propaganda by redefinition of words. Out of agreement is supposed to mean "not honest"  [Ah, Honesty! The first and most impotent rule!]but what it actually means is that if you think independently, or disagree, or say anything to anyone that is not something that CEDU culture believes  [same redefinition, verbatum. Add to that not coming up with a torid enough picture of your life before intake, also refered to as your "horrible, sad, humiliating druggiepast"] you are a problem and you will be made to suffer by hard work and isolation - hours, days, and weeks, even months of sitting by yourself with only interaction with people trying to convince you that YOUR thought, beliefs, actions are wrong. [ditto] Of course this is eventually proven correct, when after weeks of isolation and writing things that you don't believe that are never satisfactiry to staff - you go nuts, and do something really stupid, like cut on yourself, explode on someone, break things, thereten suicide or harm to another.  [same script] This proves them right and you begin to give up your independent self. This is extensively described in literature as thought reform or brainwashing. You either turn around and endorse the beliefs of the group and are then showered with love, or you go to North Idaho Behavioral Health (Mental Hospital) C/O Dr Ulrich, where you will be observed and put on the necessary psychotropic drugs to make someone as nuts as to believe it is reasonable to think for him or herself Compliant.

Since these folks are so tight assed about their copyrights, I wonder why they haven't sued eachother for infringement???

No, thank you for speaking up. I love that name "Antigen." Can I adopt "Antibody?" "

Haha, sure, why not!

Tough Love: Abuse of a type particularly enjoyable to the abuser, in that it combines the pleasures of sadism with those of self-righteousness. Commonly employed and widely admired in 12-step groups.
--Chaz Bufe

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2003, 01:37:00 PM »
How familiar is this
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?So ... =9&start=0

Rulers who wish to subvert the public liberty may have found an established clergy convenient auxiliaries. A just government, instituted to secure and perpetuate it, needs them not.
http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/remon.html' target='_new'>James Madison, "A Memorial and Remonstrance", 1785

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »
Antigen
Thank you for drawing the analogy with the other groups. Also I like the notion of inactivist. And I love the quote. The pen is still greater than the sword (ICBM and smart bomb)and the plowshare greater also. The pen is a plowshare for you and many others. It is my hope that humanity will understand Emerson's words in "Self Reliance: "... envy is ignorance and imitation is suicide and no kernal of nourashing corn can come but from that toil bestowed on that plot of ground that one is given to till" and that "...he who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness but must first determine if it be goodness" You, and this site, do justice to those statements. keep up the good work.
Antibody

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2003, 09:00:00 PM »
Oh I forgot to answer the question where is the "clan book" of dogma? Part of keeping what they do free of critical examination is not having a book. This is Genius and how they can go on brainwashing free of critiqie.

There is a book, but people on the outside can't have it. There are scripts for the workshops - I've read them all - but you can never get them.
hmmmm, I wonder if there are any manuals out there floating around?

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 08:59:00 PM »
Ohh. wow. that is a really good point and a very good question. I think there were enough ex thieves when I was there that could lay their hands on them. hmmm that is such a good point about there being no "clan book" but if writing assignmnents from a confused 15 or 16 year old contain anything good (bad) consider it evidence.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 02:34:00 AM »
Roy is correct. The history of the name is that Wasserman would say, "see what you can do" and some kid put CEDU on the mailbox in an attempt to be cute in the spelling. There is no acronym.

I worked there briefly. Glad to be out!

On 2003-10-14 09:54:00, Roy wrote:

"I wonder if it actually inferred a relationship to "The Seed." But, That may not be the case. What they have said as long as I have been around is that is means See (CE) who you are  And DO (DU) Something about it. My responce to them is "excuse me?" "CE who you are and DU pull your head out of your ass."   "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »
The Liar Mel WAsserman  told counselors and kids that cedu was an acronym for charles e dederich university, a hero to mel. mel conned states parents and others to the tune of 60 million. the wassermans were spoiled rich pricks who thought they were entitled to every material item because they were a loving family and mel cared about his kids. he would lie to parents so he could keep the kid longer so he could have new things for his family. his attitude was fuck everbody it is my family first not the health of your kid.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 05:44:17 PM »
bump

Offline alia23

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 02:17:08 AM »
sounds JUST LIKE AMERICA!

people who only think of their own families.

its hard to think of more than that though... but hopefully our generation will be able to make ethical business decisions.

it is hard to maintain ethical integrity when being terrorized.  the american people are terrorized by television

and all these schools terrorized all of us.  we need to do something politically, i truly feel that.  

we should all work together towards something.  a march, a speach, a bunch of us together, screaming "TREASON" at the white house, or something theatrical like that.

there are so many options.
lia
your silence will not protect you

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 09:39:50 AM »
Antigen wrote:
If you don't mind, just for the sake of folks looking for us through the search engines, would you please expand the acronym 'CEDU' I can't recall offhand what the letters stand for.

I, too, have understood that CEDU was an acronym for Charles E. Dederich University. See also Synanon http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synanon.

I will post more here when time permits. Thank you for starting this thread.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.