Author Topic: Open Challenge to Whooter  (Read 7835 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Open Challenge to Whooter
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 11:52:31 AM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"
Seven days shouldn't be a problem at all. Do you think you can go that long without lying?

To me that is considered an intentional insult.  So we will scratch today and start again fresh in the morning.  I understand this will be difficult for you but we can take it slow.  Once we can establish a civil dialog with each other then I would be willing to consider the challenge you proposed.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »
Exactly the reason why clarification is needed Whooter. I don't view asking if you can go seven days without lying as an insult. I view it as a question. The fact is that you have a long history of lying on here, hence why the challenge was made to begin with. It's no different than you challenging me to go seven days without attacking you. The fact is I have made fun of you and hurt your feelings numerous times. Despite the fact that it is always you who attempts personal attacks first when you lose the argument I should still not have done that, and I apologize. That being said however, you cannot blame me for you being overly sensitive. Lay out exactly what you consider to be an attack, and I'll adhere to it for seven days. At the same time you must go seven days without telling a single lie on here. If either one of us fails in that task, once the terms and definitions are agreed upon, then the challenge is lost and a winner is declared.  After that we can begin the challenge and I will remain civil so long as you do. Again if you feel that you aren't up to the task I'll ask that you go ahead and bow out with some dignity and pay the $100 to charity.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2010, 01:23:46 PM »
The time is 30 days, Bruce.  If you want to continue to call me a liar or insinuate that I do lie and insult me further then this will never get started.  If you are sincere about wanting a civil conversation and to start the challenge then you will treat other people the way would like to be treated.

We are looking for an average of 2 posts a day for 30 days without any attacks or insults.  I am not going to layout any examples, try to use your common sense.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 05:12:38 PM »
So you're backing out of the challenge then? I'm sorry to hear that. When can I tell Psy to expect the $100.00 from you?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2010, 05:31:54 PM »
So you're backing out of the challenge then? I'm sorry to hear that. When can I tell Psy to expect the $100.00 from you?

You can cut and run if you like, Bruce, as this is your normal MO we have come to expect this from you.  I am still here and we will see how you make out over the next 30 days.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »
You can cut and run if you like, Bruce, as this is your normal MO we have come to expect this from you. I am still here and we will see how you make out over the next 30 days.

So you changed your mind? Alright! Let's get started. Go ahead and post what you believe is the first lie, and we'll get it going. I honestly thought you were going to let your cowardice get the best of you. I'm happy to see you making progress. Let's begin:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2010, 07:07:19 PM »
You can cut and run if you like, Bruce, as this is your normal MO we have come to expect this from you. I am still here and we will see how you make out over the next 30 days.

So you changed your mind? Alright! Let's get started. Go ahead and post what you believe is the first lie, and we'll get it going. I honestly thought you were going to let your cowardice get the best of you. I'm happy to see you making progress. Let's begin:

Nice try, Bruce, you improved today but you have still been insulting (but no attacks).  So the clock will reset tomorrow, if you can maintain a civil conversation and show you can handle conversation and debate without insulting people then we will begin your challenge 30 days from tomorrow.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2010, 10:20:02 AM »
Nice try, Bruce, you improved today but you have still been insulting (but no attacks). So the clock will reset tomorrow, if you can maintain a civil conversation and show you can handle conversation and debate without insulting people then we will begin your challenge 30 days from tomorrow

What is this with you changing your mind all the time? You're up for it one second, and you're backing out the next. Make up your mind man. It really does seem as if you are backing down, which is fine if you don't feel you can handle it. I guess you just don't have it in you. All I ask is that you go ahead and pay up the $100 as we agreed.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2010, 10:25:17 AM »
Nice try, Bruce, you improved today but you have still been insulting (but no attacks). So the clock will reset tomorrow, if you can maintain a civil conversation and show you can handle conversation and debate without insulting people then we will begin your challenge 30 days from tomorrow

What is this with you changing your mind all the time? You're up for it one second, and you're backing out the next. Make up your mind man. It really does seem as if you are backing down, which is fine if you don't feel you can handle it. I guess you just don't have it in you. All I ask is that you go ahead and pay up the $100 as we agreed.

Go back and read through the posts, you were getting all the information wrong.  You interpreted 30 days as 7 days and mis read my posts as wanting to accept the challenge right away.

I have maintained consistently that if you can be civil for 30 days then we will talk about the challenge.  I dont want to enter into a discussion with someone who is not willing to have a balanced discussion understanding and respecting each others point of view.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2010, 02:19:32 PM »
Go back and read through the posts, you were getting all the information wrong. You interpreted 30 days as 7 days and mis read my posts as wanting to accept the challenge right away.

I have maintained consistently that if you can be civil for 30 days then we will talk about the challenge. I dont want to enter into a discussion with someone who is not willing to have a balanced discussion understanding and respecting each others point of view.

You misunderstand. My offer of the seven days was a compromise to make things easier for you. I told you I would be willing to maintain a degree of civility for a set period of time provided you could go the same amount of time without lying on here. I told you I didn't think you could really go a whole month, so to make things easier we would shorten it to seven days.

This is for your benefit, not mine. I have no issue remaining civil with you for an indefinite period, I'm just not sure you could last any real length of time without lying. I don't mean it as a slam on you, you just happen to be a habitual liar. I mean you've only been back what two or three days? Look at how many times you've lied in that brief period already.

Think about it and let me know.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »
Go back and read through the posts, you were getting all the information wrong. You interpreted 30 days as 7 days and mis read my posts as wanting to accept the challenge right away.

I have maintained consistently that if you can be civil for 30 days then we will talk about the challenge. I dont want to enter into a discussion with someone who is not willing to have a balanced discussion understanding and respecting each others point of view.

You misunderstand. My offer of the seven days was a compromise to make things easier for you. I told you I would be willing to maintain a degree of civility for a set period of time provided you could go the same amount of time without lying on here. I told you I didn't think you could really go a whole month, so to make things easier we would shorten it to seven days.

This is for your benefit, not mine. I have no issue remaining civil with you for an indefinite period, I'm just not sure you could last any real length of time without lying. I don't mean it as a slam on you, you just happen to be a habitual liar. I mean you've only been back what two or three days? Look at how many times you've lied in that brief period already.

Think about it and let me know.

So you dont see that the statement I placed in bold is insulting?  Whether you believe this to be fact or not, Bruce, it is insulting to people.  This is why I mentioned earlier that you may be suffering from some mental health issues.  Why approach me for a civil conversation and then proceed to insult me?  The above statement that you made is the main reason I think we should see if you can go 30 days without insulting or attacking people.  If you have no intention of proceeding then I will not waste my time here.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
you may be suffering from some mental health issues

Why approach me for a civil conversation and then proceed to insult me?

I wonder if the irony of this is lost on you. You so often complain about recieving your own medicine.

In any event I am always ready and willing to have a civil conversation with you. If you're wanting to put a conditions on the challenge it's going to be a two way street. Any amount of time you expect you me to go without attacking you, you must be willing to go the same amount of time without lying about anything. If you aren't willing to do so then simply bow out of the challenge with dignity and pay the money to charity. Otherwise clarify your standards, I'll do the same and we can get started.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »
you may be suffering from some mental health issues

Why approach me for a civil conversation and then proceed to insult me?

I wonder if the irony of this is lost on you. You so often complain about recieving your own medicine.

In any event I am always ready and willing to have a civil conversation with you. If you're wanting to put a conditions on the challenge it's going to be a two way street. Any amount of time you expect you me to go without attacking you, you must be willing to go the same amount of time without lying about anything. If you aren't willing to do so then simply bow out of the challenge with dignity and pay the money to charity. Otherwise clarify your standards, I'll do the same and we can get started.

Bruce, You laid out a challenge.  You never mentioned going 7 days or 30 days without lying in your challenge.  I stated that I am willing to consider your challenge if you can go 30 days without insulting or attacking anyone here on fornits.  If you want to further insult me by asking that I refrain from lying then I will not consider your challenge.  You put forth your terms and now I am asking for you to meet mine before proceeding.

If this is not something you are willing to do independently then just say so.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 12:54:21 PM »
If you can't handle quid pro quo then as I said, bow out with dignity and pay the money to charity. No one is insulting you Whooter. I'm simply making a request. As it stands I am always willing to remain civil with you so long as you do.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 01:17:33 PM »
No one is insulting you Whooter.

Lets start here then, so far today is going okay.  If you start with the insults or attacks we will reset the clock.  If you cannot get past a few days over the next week then we will abort the effort.