Author Topic: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids  (Read 38689 times)

Offline Maximillian

• View Profile
Re: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 02:34:08 PM »
This is the drama I keep referring to.  Look, Anne most people understand that there are many frivolous lawsuits filed.  A lot of time the defendants choose not to fight the lawsuit because of the costs.  Instead they settle.  Sometimes it's better for them financially to shut down the program and reopen it later under a different name that doesn't have any bad PR attached to it.  It's still the same great program with the same great employees but the allegations of abuse are gone and the program gets a fresh start.  Look at MBA.  Aspen sued the state and they agreed to settle rather than fight.  Now MBA can reopen on the same site with the same staff and be free from all of the abuse charges.  If you listened to people who know better than you, you would have seen that Whooter knew this was going to happen before it ever did.  He was saying months ago that they would reopen under a new name to distance themselves from the abuse cases, but continue to run the same great program.  He actually has the connections to know this.  You don't so stop pretending.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »
Max has already stated that she does not believe in any form of abuse which the perpetrator isn't arrested for. So if someone sexually abuses you but the police are never called that means the abuse didn't actually happen. The logic of maxit. Pretty disturbing isn't it.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »
Quote from: "Maximillian"
This is the drama I keep referring to.  Look, Anne most people understand that there are many frivolous lawsuits filed.  A lot of time the defendants choose not to fight the lawsuit because of the costs.  Instead they settle.  Sometimes it's better for them financially to shut down the program and reopen it later under a different name that doesn't have any bad PR attached to it.  It's still the same great program with the same great employees but the allegations of abuse are gone and the program gets a fresh start.  

And you don't think new parents have a right to learn that the program their sending their kids to was formerly shut down amidst accusations of abuse?  Wow.  I'm glad I'm not your kid.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 02:42:48 PM »
This is the drama I keep referring to.  Look, Anne most people understand that there are many frivolous lawsuits filed.  A lot of time the defendants choose not to fight the lawsuit because of the costs.  Instead they settle.  Sometimes it's better for them financially to shut down the program and reopen it later under a different name that doesn't have any bad PR attached to it.  It's still the same great program with the same great employees but the allegations of abuse are gone and the program gets a fresh start.  Look at MBA.  Aspen sued the state and they agreed to settle rather than fight.  Now MBA can reopen on the same site with the same staff and be free from all of the abuse charges.  If you listened to people who know better than you, you would have seen that Whooter knew this was going to happen before it ever did.  He was saying months ago that they would reopen under a new name to distance themselves from the abuse cases, but continue to run the same great program.  He actually has the connections to know this.  You don't so stop pretending.

You don't need 'connections' to predict that a program will corrupt or scare local authority, then change it's name to avoid the stain of its previous transgressions.  It is their standard M/O.

Offline Maximillian

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 02:45:57 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"

You don't need 'connections' to predict that a program will corrupt or scare local authority, then change it's name to avoid the stain of its previous transgressions.  It is their standard M/O.

OK, then explain how he knows what's in the settlement then.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 02:50:28 PM »

He lies about his connections with the TTI.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximillian

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 02:53:50 PM »
I was asking slim Shadyacres.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 02:54:12 PM »
I was asking slim Shadyacres.

I don't care.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 03:01:19 PM »
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:00:41 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 03:07:50 PM »

Actually, I'd like Whooter to explain that.  If he has insider knowledge of this case, I'd like him to explain to us exactly how he got it.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 10:17:09 PM »
Programs do allow open communication between parents and child. There is typically at least one parent or family member that the child can speak to on a weekly basis.

There is a misconception circulating here on fornits that programs don't allow this communication. but it is not true.

That's not open communication. Open communication says that a child has the right to say, "I need to call my parents", and is then given access to a phone.

At HLA, a program that was shut down due to a legitmate lawsuit and factual allegations of abuse, communication was highly restricted. A inmate had to earn the ability to call home. Letters must be first be sent and recieved before any phone calls were allowed. No letters would be given or sent out with out first being approved. If a inmate wrote, "This place sucks, I hate it here." Sorry kiddo, that letter isn't going anywhere but the trash can. They refer to that one as 'lying'. If a child wrote, "The staff here is horrible. I'm being abused, here's what happened:.....". Well at HLA that was refered to as 'manipulating' and would never be mailed out. If a child who was abused by a parent says something like, "I hate you for what you did to me." Well that's called being abusive and also will be thrown in the trash. If a parent writes to a child and says, "I'm not sure I like that place. I'm thinking about taking you out of there. Tell me what's going on." You can rest assured the child will never see that letter.

Phone calls are no different. A "counselor" sits in on all ten minute phone calls (15 depending on how long you've been there) and the second you say something they on't like, the call is disconnected.

Whenever a child is placed on restrictions he is denied phone calls with his parents until he comes off. Counselors communicate for the child during this time.

None of this falls under open communication, and all of it is abusive.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 11:40:38 PM »
.duplicate
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:48:48 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:40:52 PM by DannyB II »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2010, 03:05:28 AM »
thomas C
That's some pretty compelling stuff. It's got to be hard to go back and even read. I wish now that I would have  saved my moral inventories.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2010, 08:10:41 AM »
Quote from: "RobertBruce"

That's not open communication. Open communication says that a child has the right to say, "I need to call my parents", and is then given access to a phone.

At HLA, a program that was shut down due to a legitmate lawsuit and factual allegations of abuse, communication was highly restricted. A inmate had to earn the ability to call home. Letters must be first be sent and recieved before any phone calls were allowed. No letters would be given or sent out with out first being approved. If a inmate wrote, "This place sucks, I hate it here." Sorry kiddo, that letter isn't going anywhere but the trash can. They refer to that one as 'lying'. If a child wrote, "The staff here is horrible. I'm being abused, here's what happened:.....". Well at HLA that was refered to as 'manipulating' and would never be mailed out. If a child who was abused by a parent says something like, "I hate you for what you did to me." Well that's called being abusive and also will be thrown in the trash. If a parent writes to a child and says, "I'm not sure I like that place. I'm thinking about taking you out of there. Tell me what's going on." You can rest assured the child will never see that letter.

Phone calls are no different. A "counselor" sits in on all ten minute phone calls (15 depending on how long you've been there) and the second you say something they on't like, the call is disconnected.

Whenever a child is placed on restrictions he is denied phone calls with his parents until he comes off. Counselors communicate for the child during this time.

None of this falls under open communication, and all of it is abusive.

Outside of fornits the kids inside of HLA are referred to as “students” by most of the population and the state of Georgia refers to them as “Residents”.  So the use of the term “Inmate” sets the tone and we need to view your post as misleading or greatly exaggerated.  So after we filter out the exaggerations we see that the students were allowed to speak with their parents and say whatever they wish to.  Some students, like yourself,  who requested to call your parents during dinner time and you were denied and therefore you felt abused and isolated when in fact you were just being impatient and rude.

Counselors never hang up on the parents, we know this.  At the very least they would apologize for their childs' rude behavior and offer to call them back after they settled you down a bit.