Author Topic: A Survivor story without the drama  (Read 4789 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
A Survivor story without the drama
« on: November 04, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »
An example of a survivor’s story without the drama… i.e. Kidnappings, torture, brainwashing, starvation, beatings and attacks.  You will notice that the author included the ups and downs in his/her point of view, not just the negative points.  To me this is refreshing and makes the post very credible. Yet I noticed no one extended a welcome to this poster.  Could this be because he failed to say he was kidnapped and abused?

This is a story that I think parents would believe to be credible.  The author isnt seeking attention or trying to run down the program and seems to take responsibility for himself and his actions.

Link

Ok too many wrong points and whole lot of good points...I was in the AEG programs for 4 years almost...Yeah I didn't like them but it served me well...Now I wasn't there for Neil and Mary but I did hear stories from some people about their tyranny, but I do not believe they supported terrorists. Get a day job seriously! But from what I heard sometime ago, a girl had to take insulin shots on a daily basis and apparently Neil gave her Hep-C, because he really needed insulin once. SO she used it not knowing he used it, he didn't tell her and now she has it for the rest of her life. And yeah thats a real shit thing to do, but most the kids there refused to do anything about their behaviors, most kids brandished knives, I saw a kid break a part a plastic knife and swallow it. He also carved a girls initials in his own skin. And most of the kids that went had torn family values anyways. And most of them ran away because their parents were absolute monsters. It wasn't like summer camp I know that. We had kids come from Military Schools and they said those schools were more enjoyable than Cedars. To all you parents, yeah you might have different opinions on how Cedars treated your kids, but I went there from 04 to 06. Most of the staff was yeah very unqualified but they were nice as hell. And when I was there they never restrained people or "touched" them in any bad ways. The only reason why I think this is so, they wouldn't let the boys mingle with the girls, that was the only problem any of us had. I mean we still had ways to go around that but it wasn't all bad. Most kids that I saw come and go, faked being sick, faked breaking limbs, faked being attacked by other people, faked being real and faked being anything worth a damn. Oh yeah the other reason was the tuition was like 50 thousand dollars. If you can afford that then good luck to you, reason being all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones. I went to another AEG school b4 Cedars for a year and half with no technology, grow the hell up and do your work like the rest of us and stop complaining.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
Re: A Survivor story without the drama
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 05:16:04 PM »
You don't get to tell survivors how to tell their stories. Others who have posted here have posted their TRUE accounts. It's not on us to minimize our experiences for your fiduciary interests.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 05:27:58 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
You don't get to tell survivors how to tell their stories. Others who have posted here have posted their TRUE accounts. It's not on us to minimize our experiences for your fiduciary interests.

This is an open forum, Samara, we can not control each other.  We have already established that you have lied when telling your story several times.  No one is telling anyone how to tell their stories.  You can stick with the details of your personal story I really dont care.  I am just pointing out an example of a story which is credible.  If people feel they add credibility to their story by stating that they were kidnapped and dragged into a gulag where they were tortured and brainwashed, like you did, then more power to them.  I am just giving my perspective in an attempt to help survivors see how their stories are viewed from a parents perspective.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:00:51 PM by Whooter »

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
An example of a survivor’s story without the drama… i.e. Kidnappings, torture, brainwashing, starvation, beatings and attacks.  You will notice that the author included the ups and downs in his/her point of view, not just the negative points.  To me this is refreshing and makes the post very credible. Yet I noticed no one extended a welcome to this poster.  Could this be because he failed to say he was kidnapped and abused?

This is a story that I think parents would believe to be credible.  The author isnt seeking attention or trying to run down the program and seems to take responsibility for himself and his actions.

Link

. Most kids that I saw come and go, faked being sick, faked breaking limbs, faked being attacked by other people, faked being real and faked being anything worth a damn. Oh yeah the other reason was the tuition was like 50 thousand dollars. If you can afford that then good luck to you, reason being all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones. I went to another AEG school b4 Cedars for a year and half with no technology, grow the hell up and do your work like the rest of us and stop complaining.[/i]

:roflmao:  That sounds like it was written by Miller Newton himself!  :roflmao:
 :twofinger:  Get a Life Whooter!  :twofinger:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 06:03:14 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"

Link

. Most kids that I saw come and go, faked being sick, faked breaking limbs, faked being attacked by other people, faked being real and faked being anything worth a damn. Oh yeah the other reason was the tuition was like 50 thousand dollars. If you can afford that then good luck to you, reason being all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones. I went to another AEG school b4 Cedars for a year and half with no technology, grow the hell up and do your work like the rest of us and stop complaining.[/i]

:roflmao:  That sounds like it was written by Miller Newton himself!  :roflmao:
 :twofinger:  Get a Life Whooter!  :twofinger:

So, just to be clear, Shady, what you are saying is it is okay to make fun of survivors stories if you feel they are not credible.  Like you just did.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 06:09:20 PM »
A survivor who says this?;

Quote from: "Someone Whooter claims not to be"
all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones.

:twofinger: Get a Life Whooter!  :twofinger:
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:02:39 AM by Shadyacres »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 06:16:06 PM »

all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones.

How about

I was kidnapped and taken to a Gulag where I was systematically brainwashed and held in isolation for several years while being tortured.

Are these credible survivor words? lol

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »

How about

I was kidnapped and taken to a Gulag where I was systematically brainwashed and held in isolation for several years while being tortured.

Months, not years, and I wasn't kidnapped, I was deceived by the person I trusted most.  Otherwise, that is completely accurate despite the fact that it was you and not me that said it.  You are getting better at fabricating stories, I'm sure your masters are very proud of you.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 06:25:18 PM »

How about

Months, not years, and I wasn't kidnapped, I was deceived by the person I trusted most.  Otherwise, that is completely accurate despite the fact that it was you and not me that said it.  You are getting better at fabricating stories, I'm sure your masters are very proud of you.

I never said :all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones.

You altered the quotes to try to make the readers believe it was me.  Just another one of your lies, shady.  Why is it okay for you,DJ, troll control and your other buddies to alter threads?  Why do you have this need to deceive people?  Why not just be honest and quote people on what they say instead of playing games?

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 06:52:45 PM »

I never said :all those kids were so damn spoiled that at the end of the day they just went crazy and went nuts, cuz they couldn't have their laptops, IPODS, or cell phones.

You altered the quotes to try to make the readers believe it was me.  Just another one of your lies, shady.  Why is it okay for you,DJ, troll control and your other buddies to alter threads?  Why do you have this need to deceive people?  Why not just be honest and quote people on what they say instead of playing games?

What?  Are you drunk?  I just copied the sentence and pasted it, you didn't post the author.  I wasn't trying to make the readers believe anything.  I don't have to, your posts speak for themselves as I have said before.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 06:57:09 PM »

What?  Are you drunk?  I just copied the sentence and pasted it, you didn't post the author.  I wasn't trying to make the readers believe anything.  I don't have to, your posts speak for themselves as I have said before.

I posted the link to that story, Shady, I didnt write it.  (Look at the original post).  Yet you want the readers to believe that I wrote that?  Why?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 02:03:54 PM »
We  have already established that you have lied when telling your story several times.

(STOP it!  Right now!)
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »
Whoots, when you say WE, who are you referring to? I really don't think you should be speaking on behalf of others.  Most people don't like being associated with known liars and saboteurs such as yourself.  On the other hand, Anne has been consistent and honest about her life, in part to help others. Perhaps her greatest failing (and mine) is to consistently respond to a person devoid of conscience.  I know discerning right from wrong is challenging for you, but try and manufacture a semblance of shame for consistently ducking the mirror when  looking for liars.

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 02:41:46 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
We  have already established that you have lied when telling your story several times.

(STOP it!  Right now!)

Don't get upset Anne, I think that was a mistake, what Whooter meant to say was:
I have told lies myself from time to time.  

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 02:57:29 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

(STOP it!  Right now!)

That was directed to Samara, not you, Anne.  You were not even posting on this thread.  Why are you misleading everyone?