Author Topic: Julian Asange Follows in the Steps of Daniel Ellsberg  (Read 1005 times)

Offline heretik

• View Profile
Julian Asange Follows in the Steps of Daniel Ellsberg
« on: December 03, 2010, 01:51:50 PM »
I can state, that what many are doing here on fornits accurately depicts what Daniel Ellsberg did over 40 years ago. A unjust boss with a unjust mission (being allowed to run, "as an outlaw government".)
I regret it took me so long to find you (members of fornits).

Whether Julian is sincere I guess time will tell. I think so (believe so).

http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.actio ... 4978745017
Julian Asange Follows in the Steps of Daniel Ellsberg
November 30, 2010 11:42 PM EST
views: 212 | 4 people recommend this | comments: 11

“The courage we need is not the courage… to be obedient in the service of an unjust war, to help conceal lies, to do our job [for] a boss who has usurped power and is acting as an outlaw government. It is the courage at last to face honestly the truth and the reality of what we are doing in the world and act responsibly to change it.”

These are the words of Daniel Ellsberg shortly after all charges against him were dropped regarding the leaking of the “Pentagon Papers” in 1974. I think these are still wise words today and apply directly to the current uproar following the release of large amounts of sensitive information by Julian Asange of Wiki-Leaks. We may find, as we did after Vietnam, that Asange's actions are beneficial to society. It is my hope that we heed the words of Ellsberg and retreat from the insanity that has marked US foreign policy since the end of the second world war.

Want more info? Go to Wikipedia!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »