Author Topic: Public School and Program Abuse  (Read 33917 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: work to consume
« Reply #285 on: January 19, 2011, 02:28:08 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Froderik"
On the other hand, if you look at the origins of the public school system, you realize public schools and programs seem to have a certain amount of things in common with one another.. (I'm thinking of the stuff I've read by that ex-teacher from Brooklyn.. that it was set up by leaders of the industrialist class to control the minds of the young..)

Agreed, but at least they're not isolated from the outside world or any touchstone thereof.

Right, but people's minds are already isolated enough from reality by the system, that it almost precludes a need for physical isolation...lol.. in order to implement a certain level of control over their minds, they only need to require that people attend their schools... (You see the evidence of this sort of brainwashing by omission when you examine a history text-book from just about any public school...)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 19, 2011, 02:38:53 PM »
On the other hand, if you look at the origins of the public school system, you realize public schools and programs seem to have a certain amount of things in common with one another.. (I'm thinking of the stuff I've read by that ex-teacher from Brooklyn.. that it was set up by leaders of the industrialist class to control the minds of the young..)

Agreed, but at least they're not isolated from the outside world or any touchstone thereof.

Right, but people's minds are already isolated enough from reality by the system, that it almost precludes a need for physical isolation...lol.. in order to implement a certain level of control over their minds, they only need to require that people attend their schools... (You see the evidence of this sort of brainwashing by omission when you examine a history text-book from just about any public school...)

I had a conversation just t'other day with a retired professor on how history texts rely on lies of omission, to corrupt the thinking of what the real culture of america is,and isnt.Funny the coincidence.He turned me on to a cool book on the battle of Agincourt also. Maybe I need to spend (gasp) more time in starbucks,and,(double gasp) less on a barstool. :eek:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 19, 2011, 02:53:13 PM »

Agreed somewhat, but I still think there's NO comparison between what kids in programs endure and what public school kids experience.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 19, 2011, 03:19:23 PM »

Agreed somewhat, but I still think there's NO comparison between what kids in programs endure and what public school kids experience.

I think it makes a good comparison.  At least we can take a look at the instances of abuse in these schools.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 19, 2011, 03:26:33 PM »

I'm sorry if I inadvertently muddied the waters in the debate you were having with Whooter; that wasn't my intention...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 19, 2011, 03:28:15 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

I think it makes a good comparison.  At least we can take a look at the instances of abuse in these schools.

Which has nothing to do with what goes on inside programs.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 19, 2011, 03:28:44 PM »

I'm sorry if I inadvertently muddied the waters in the debate you were having with Whooter; that wasn't my intention...

No worries. :cheers:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 19, 2011, 03:42:06 PM »

Which has nothing to do with what goes on inside programs.

I think you may be right.  The instances of abuse so far have been all public schools.  There have been no reported abuses inside of programs so far.  When one does occur it can be recorded here in this thread.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 19, 2011, 03:44:42 PM »

Thank you, Whooter, I'll add that the comparison contains truth beyond just instances of abuse, though..Supposedly, the school system had what has been referred to as the "'fourth purpose.' which had more to do with "making servants of corporate and political management" and "the mechanism of mind control training, habits, and attitudes. . . factory schools" than it did education in the true sense of the word.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/historytour/history2.htm

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Public School and Program Abuse
« Reply #294 on: January 20, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »

Thank you, Whooter, I'll add that the comparison contains truth beyond just instances of abuse, though..Supposedly, the school system had what has been referred to as the "'fourth purpose.' which had more to do with "making servants of corporate and political management" and "the mechanism of mind control training, habits, and attitudes. . . factory schools" than it did education in the true sense of the word.

http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/historytour/history2.htm

Frod thanks for that link!  I remember reading something like this years ago about the schools being testing grounds for corporate products....  good stuff.  cant wait to read this again.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 20, 2011, 10:37:03 AM »
Frod thanks for that link!  I remember reading something like this years ago about the schools being testing grounds for corporate products....  good stuff.  cant wait to read this again.

Home schooling is probably the best route parents can take in educating their children.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 20, 2011, 10:41:55 AM »

Home schooling is probably the best route parents can take in educating their children.

I agree, we have taken this route ourselves with our younger children.  It just eliminates so many problems in the childs life and keeps them with their family where they belong.  Why just automatically ship the kids off to someone else for no reason...  take a cut in pay and keep them home.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:43 PM »
Irving Elementary Teacher Michael DSpain Allegedly Had Sex with Student
Wednesday, 19 Jan 2011

A North Texas teacher allegedly had a sexual relationship with a former student.

Dallas police on Tuesday arrested 36-year-old Michael DSpain at Farine Elementary School in the 600 block of Metker Street in Irving.

According to investigators, the relationship took place last year when DSpain was a teacher at Booker T. Washington High School in Dallas. They said it likely began in about February and ended in May.

The student later told family members, police said.

DSpain is charged with improper relationship between an educator and student, a second-degree felony. He was being held on a $100,000 bond.

Investigators did not release the name of the student.

Link