Author Topic: Program Shill Admits "Quackery" in Programs  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Program Shill Admits "Quackery" in Programs
« on: January 20, 2011, 07:04:59 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Whooter"
But "trying their best to help their kids" means not using the services of the programs which are pure quackery.

Sending Junior to a quack factory isn't "helping".

I agree, here with you a bit DJ, the parents should seek out the best help for their child.  I would not recommend those programs which are quackery or utilize unproven methods.  The parents need to investigate the options available to them and choose a direction which is best for their child and family.

Can you provide us names of some programs which are practicing quackery or unproven methods?  I'd like to see your list of programs we should all avoid.

We're all ears, Whooter.  Tell us the quack programs you believe should be avoided.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
Re: Program Shill Admits "Quackery" in Programs
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »
You can tell when someone is a program shill because they carefully avoid saying anything negative about programs.  When they make a mistake and you catch it and call them on it they disappear. This thread highlights that very dishonesty.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:41 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
But "trying their best to help their kids" means not using the services of the programs which are pure quackery.

Sending Junior to a quack factory isn't "helping".

I agree, here with you a bit DJ, the parents should seek out the best help for their child.  I would not recommend those programs which are quackery or utilize unproven methods.  The parents need to investigate the options available to them and choose a direction which is best for their child and family.

Can you provide us names of some programs which are practicing quackery or unproven methods?  I'd like to see your list of programs we should all avoid.

We're all ears, Whooter.  Tell us the quack programs you believe should be avoided.

I'd like to hear the answer to that as well.  Doubt we'll ever get one, but we can hope.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:37 PM »
I think his handlers slapped his wrist when he slipped up and admitted programs use quackery. Let's face it, he only gets paid for "positive program posts" so that's all he posts.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:32:11 PM »
I think his handlers slapped his wrist when he slipped up and admitted programs use quackery. Let's face it, he only gets paid for "positive program posts" so that's all he posts.

It would seem to appear that DJ has the smoking gun on Whoot with this thread. Please tell us Whooter, exactly which programs you advise parents to stay away from. I have to know.