Author Topic: Easy Way to Exclude Participation from Industry Ppl/Parents  (Read 1132 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Easy Way to Exclude Participation from Industry Ppl/Parents
« on: October 27, 2010, 11:20:01 AM »
Take a look at the moderation scheme below.  In order to completely dictate who can post what in any thread you create, you simply need to say who can post and how they must post and if they don't do it the way you dictated then the mods will remove the responses.

To keep industry people (like Whooter) or program parents out of any thread, you simply say in the first post that "only program survivors can respond" and then the mods must delete any other posts that don't conform.

The below post was shitcanned because I didn't do as Whooter said to do.  Since this is the new rules, just flip the script on industry types to disallow their responses.

Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
My TTI Postings (general discussion)

Postby Whooter » October 15th, 2010, 3:39 pm

I have posted close to 10,000 posts here on fornits and there are a few that I am not proud of, I do admit that, but there are not many compared to the number I posted. I had them all exposed for everyone to see willingly and knowing my past would be exposed for all to see. I have a few posters who don’t like what I have posted and subsequently cut and paste sound bites of these posts in an effort to place them in the worst light possible. I have ignored this for the most part but after giving it some thought I really don’t feel I have anything to hide. I stand behind all my postings and I am sure there was a good reason behind everything that I posted.

Do I wish I had reworded some of them? Yes, but I am the same person today as when I wrote those posts just maybe a little older and wiser I hope.

There are a lot of posts flying around and a lot of posters like Shadyacres, Anne Bonney, Watchful Yeoman, Son of Serbia, Shaggys, Samara etc. who express concern with my postings in other threads and I don’t want to address the questions there in that thread resulting in a derailed thread.

If people are interested in why I wrote the posts that I did then this is the thread to ask me. Don’t bring it up in the middle of other peoples posts or conversations. If there is a specific post that upsets you or you are wondering why I posted it then post it here and I will respond to it the best I can.

I will review each post and determine why I posted it and respond back here in this thread. I think this will help to clear up many questions about me and help keep the main forum free from these conversations.

Your question on a post must include a link to the original post so that I can review it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Easy Way to Exclude Participation from Industry Ppl/Pare
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:15:32 PM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"
Take a look at the moderation scheme below.  In order to completely dictate who can post what in any thread you create, you simply need to say who can post and how they must post and if they don't do it the way you dictated then the mods will remove the responses.

To keep industry people (like Whooter) or program parents out of any thread, you simply say in the first post that "only program survivors can respond" and then the mods must delete any other posts that don't conform.

The below post was shitcanned because I didn't do as Whooter said to do.  Since this is the new rules, just flip the script on industry types to disallow their responses.

Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
My TTI Postings (general discussion)

Postby Whooter » October 15th, 2010, 3:39 pm

I have posted close to 10,000 posts here on fornits and there are a few that I am not proud of, I do admit that, but there are not many compared to the number I posted. I had them all exposed for everyone to see willingly and knowing my past would be exposed for all to see. I have a few posters who don’t like what I have posted and subsequently cut and paste sound bites of these posts in an effort to place them in the worst light possible. I have ignored this for the most part but after giving it some thought I really don’t feel I have anything to hide. I stand behind all my postings and I am sure there was a good reason behind everything that I posted.

Do I wish I had reworded some of them? Yes, but I am the same person today as when I wrote those posts just maybe a little older and wiser I hope.

There are a lot of posts flying around and a lot of posters like Shadyacres, Anne Bonney, Watchful Yeoman, Son of Serbia, Shaggys, Samara etc. who express concern with my postings in other threads and I don’t want to address the questions there in that thread resulting in a derailed thread.

If people are interested in why I wrote the posts that I did then this is the thread to ask me. Don’t bring it up in the middle of other peoples posts or conversations. If there is a specific post that upsets you or you are wondering why I posted it then post it here and I will respond to it the best I can.

I will review each post and determine why I posted it and respond back here in this thread. I think this will help to clear up many questions about me and help keep the main forum free from these conversations.

Your question on a post must include a link to the original post so that I can review it.

There have already been threads created which indicated that they only wanted survivors to respond.  This has worked out well and helped to keep threads on topic the way the originator had intended.  They were not interested in outside opinions on that specific thread.

I didnt exclude anyone from posting in the thread I started.  I had asked that people add a link to support the question they are asking of me and you omitted this in your response.  I tried to find the post that you were referring to and answered your question the best I could based on an assumed link.  But I dont know if this was the post you were referring to.  It would help if you provided a link the next time so we both know what specific post you are referring to.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »