Author Topic: just found this place  (Read 5217 times)

Offline longshot

• View Profile
just found this place
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:05:52 PM »
hello.I found this site a week ago.it's been one hell of a week.ok,so who am I.I was 17.I was in the seed in cleveland from '74 to '76 and then in ft.laurdale from '76 to '78.I was a graduate both times.in cleveland,i made it to staff lite(walk guys to the john,go buy smokes for the staff,man the phones at night,polish the floors).guess it didn't stick the first time around.I left ft. laurdale after i was called into art's office and libby,john underwood and art tore me a new asshole.there might have been more people there,I don't remember.I never did understand what I had done.the last thing I do remember was art telling me I was a piece of shit when he met me,I was still a piece of shit and I would die a piece of shit,get the fuck out and never come back.pretty strong words coming from god.I put this down here so you will know where I stand.I have no love for any of them.this part I have to do for myself and to the folk I hurt.I took newcommers home,I yelled at people in group,I did what I was told to do even when it seamed wrong to me.I understand that it was about survival,if I don't do it to you,they will do it to me.self-preservation.it was wrong and I am sorry for my part in it.this is all I can do right now.I will come back later.thank you for being here.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Johnny G

• View Profile
Re: just found this place
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 07:36:04 PM »
Longshot,

We probably crossed paths, I moved to Ft. Lauderdale when the Cleveland Seed closed - usually went by my username;
Lived with some of the wrench line guys in Lakewood prior to relocating to Plantation / Pompano;

You can probably recognize several familiar folks here

We all did what we had to to get by - that is the interesting thing, everyone was so intimidated that they shifted into conformity to survive, when you got good enough at it you graduated;  Outside, when you don't have big brother around, most will confirm that they had same experience.

Look forward to hearing your tale.

G

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 05:27:49 PM »
Hey and welcome.
Just in case you haven't figured it out by now:ya didnt DO anything wrong that day, except challang the cult of persinality.
 I have a post under: I thought I was the only one. We most definetily crossed paths.              :twofinger: to them all!

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 07:26:55 PM »
Longshot; Welcome! You willl finda lot of trash and trolls here, but you will also find some good and kind stuff. some argumentative, much constructive......As for me, and for many others, our suicide risk is much, much higher than average.acorording to an actuary among our number, it's higher than dentists, psychitrasts, and even highest of all, farmers who have lost their land.
So, if you're here at all man, you're a winner.(no not a whiner, I said winner)
As for me, post-seed, i reflected to a high-risk life, got a lot of war stories, some property, not much else.a few guns,, a flat boat, acouple cars and a truck.Not A Bad life, all in all, but I've paid a high price for it.YOU?
J.O.M. ::unhappy::

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 07:49:48 PM »
Quote from: "wanderingjew"
Hey and welcome.
Just in case you haven't figured it out by now:ya didnt DO anything wrong that day, except challang the cult of persinality.
 I have a post under: I thought I was the only one. We most definetily crossed paths.              :twofinger: to them all!
WTF???
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 12:39:20 PM »
Again my posts are being moved and deleted
Is this happening to anyone else?
Or shoul I take this personally?
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 10:42:38 PM »
Stack be careful. The "keeper" is listening.
?©?€~¥@

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 02:56:43 PM »
Stack, maybe you got some anger=management issues. Maybe a helpful regimen might be 10 or 12 Quaaludes per diem, supplemented by a quart or two of gin, or something similiarly nutritious. Just give it try, O.K.? J.O.M.

Offline justonemore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:21:20 PM »
Stack.. I only suggested that regimen for for because I care man, It's because I care!
J.O.M.

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 04:24:22 PM »
Hey, you were 17 and a kid -  just like all of the other cult members.  And that what it was - a cult.  I was in Ft. L. 73-74.  It's not easy to speak of the things we did back then - to each other, to our friends, and to strangers.  It was a cruel place and lord knows, it's tough to forgive yourself or seek forgivness.  All I can tell you is that it takes some time to get beyond the harshness of your memories.  I was ashamed of my actions for years and years.  Some of the things you read here make it easier and other things you read make it harder.  But you are not alone in the journey.  Peace and light to you.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 11:15:37 PM »
There are probably a few old fartsaround here that remember making  one of these.[attachment=0:3j7x29dk]license_20101208201044_54892.jpg[/attachment:3j7x29dk]
?©?€~¥@

Offline antiseed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
hey longshot,i also just found this place. [this site]. i was also in the cleveland program . my time was 77 & 78. the place sucked as did art & all of the staff. feel free to contact me. i was also placed with a family in lakewood that had [i think] 3 brothers & one sister,all in the program.

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2011, 03:52:56 PM »
Dearest Stack:
(ref: earlier post) And I think yer anger is grossly out of proportion to your time at the Seed. I think u use it as an excusse to be be a bitter, angry asshole for the rest of your life.
 But,Kudo's to you bro, never let yer anger go, it'll keep you warm on those cold Nippon nites.
Oh, and fuck spell check. I dont spelling mistakes, I make up new words, ass-muffin.

Offline wanderingjew

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 04:06:10 PM »
Hey, Anti,
'lok for my post under: Just found this place.

Offline tesg15

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 05:10:47 AM »
What the hell is wrong with you Stack?  Can any of us share our thoughts without your garbage?  I am glad to finally find somewhere to connect with people from the Seed since it took a year out of my life and you have to write shit.  Give us a break.