Author Topic: Mount Bachelor could reopen  (Read 10161 times)

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: Mount Bachelor could reopen
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 11:06:28 AM »
Anne, Povich is a program partent whose kid was sent home from MBA after it was closed for abuse.

@Whooter - In other words, you have no documentation showing that "DHS found no abuse."  Just posting what a program parent and AEG's president say do not an admission or finding of fact make, sorry.

When you produce a copy of the settlement,in its entirety, then we can look at that.  Right now all we have is AEG's admission that DHS had probable cause to investigate and that MBA did not dispute the findings of abuse.  All we have is a civil case closed with undisclosed terms and some spin from the party caught abusing kids.

So go ahead and post the settlement agreement and we can pick this up there.  Otherwise, you're just making up your own "facts" with nothing to back them up.  We're patient.  Post those docs and we'll have a look.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 11:10:11 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Anne, Povich is a program partent whose kid was sent home from MBA after it was closed for abuse.

That's what I figured.  Ya gotta admit.....Whooter's the king of spin.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 11:13:36 AM »
Well, I don't accept those tall tales he spins as facts.  I will agree with him once he provides the source documents from the settlement that he alleges to be quoting, but isn't.  So he will post those docs when he has them and until then he is just weaving a yarn, like so many times before, along with AEG and a lone program parent.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:15:48 AM by Dysfunction Junction »

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 11:15:13 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Well, I don't accept those tall tales he spins as facts.

Oh, neither do I!!  But gullible parents do, which was my point.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
Just keep asking for the settlement documents that he claims to be quoting from and when he fails to produce any we can all accurately conclude he just made it up like just about everything else he posts here.

He doesn't have any documents to support his suppositions and he knows that so he will just keep posting the AEG statement and calling it a "fact" while he tries to attack people who are asking for actual evidence.  He knows he's dead in the water already.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 11:21:19 AM »
Again, same shit - different wrapper.  The Seed closed down and Straight was supposed to be the 'kinder, gentler' version, though it ended up even more abusive (at least under Newton's control).  Then when Straight and Newton were run out of town, he just changed the name but the methods were identical (I know this because I had a step-sister that followed Newton up to NJ to start KIDS).  Then I think it became Pathway, but there could have been another name in between them.  I've lost track there were so many, but they all used the same methods.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 11:33:50 AM »
The article I linked to is what we all have to go with at this point.  I really do understand your positions and past personal investment in wanting a negative outcome for MBA, but it looks like it is not going in that direction at this point.

I think there is one area where we can all agree and that is:   The important thing is that the people get to view the information and judge for themselves without a lot of filtering.  

Link

Here is Aspens statement at the end of the article:

A statement from Phil Herschman, President of Aspen Education Group, on behalf of Mount Bachelor Academy:

We are pleased that the ongoing legal dispute between Mount Bachelor Academy (MBA) and the State of Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) has finally been satisfactorily resolved. The DHS has agreed to withdraw or modify all of its actions against MBA and MBA’s former director. The DHS’ withdrawal of its order suspending MBA’s license supports our position that they did not have justification for that order in the first place. The DHS has acknowledged with this settlement that in fact there was additional evidence no abuse had occurred.

As we have repeatedly stated throughout this process, our fundamental disagreements with the DHS' original allegations and consequent actions were strong and deep. We had collected abundant evidence that disproved those allegations, particularly the most egregious ones.

Despite the tragic circumstances of Mount Bachelor’s closure, we hope to open a new, even more successful school on the MBA campus in the future, and wish to publicly thank our skilled and dedicated employees who touched the lives of thousands of troubled teens for more than two decades at MBA, and the loyal alumni and families who steadfastly supported us.

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »
Once more, you only present the biased statement of AEG's president.  Do you really expect people to believe that statement as representative of the facts?  Until such a time you can provide the settlement agreement you can save your opinions for the opinion page.

Readers want facts not your spin on what another spinner is saying.

I have no connection to MBA nor have I ever had any connection, so trying to characterize my motivations is just more spin on top of spin and just tactit admission you have no evidence to support your specious claims.  

Clearly you have no facts or documents, so we'll just have to wait until you provide them.  Right now all we have is the state's substantiated abuse cases for which MBA was shuttered.  I have seen zero refutation of those facts.

Let's see that settlement agreement, Whooter.  Not presenting it is the same as admitting you have no facts, so that's where we all are until you can actually provide evidence to support AEG's and your assertions.  You have no facts and are continuously admitting it.  

Show us the legal document in which DHS claims "there was never any abuse at MBA" as you claim they admitted.

This:
Quote from: "Whooter"
Now that the investigation has been completed they realize that no abuse occurred.
...is an awfully sweeping claim to be made with zero evidence.  I think this is why people here view your posts with suspicion.  You never have any evidence to support your claims and then just attack people for asking for the evidence you claim to have.

I'll be waiting patiently for you to post the settlement agreement or withdraw your obviously specious claim above.  Please, no more personal attacks, just evidence.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2010, 12:02:12 PM »
DHS investigation :bs:

Priceless....these people make an ART out of abusing everyone.
WELCOME TO HELL!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2010, 12:07:36 PM »
The article I linked to is what we all have to go with at this point.  I really do understand your positions and past personal investment in wanting a negative outcome for MBA, but it looks like it is not going in that direction at this point.

I don't want a negative outcome.  I'd love to find a program that truly is helpful but nobody seems to want to name any here, except your shilling for Aspen for financial reasons.

A statement from Phil Herschman, President of Aspen Education Group, on behalf of Mount Bachelor Academy:

We are pleased that the ongoing legal dispute between Mount Bachelor Academy (MBA) and the State of Oregon Department of Human Services (DHS) has finally been satisfactorily resolved. The DHS has agreed to withdraw or modify all of its actions against MBA and MBA’s former director. The DHS’ withdrawal of its order suspending MBA’s license supports our position that they did not have justification for that order in the first place. The DHS has acknowledged with this settlement that in fact there was additional evidence no abuse had occurred.

As we have repeatedly stated throughout this process, our fundamental disagreements with the DHS' original allegations and consequent actions were strong and deep. We had collected abundant evidence that disproved those allegations, particularly the most egregious ones.

Despite the tragic circumstances of Mount Bachelor’s closure, we hope to open a new, even more successful school on the MBA campus in the future, and wish to publicly thank our skilled and dedicated employees who touched the lives of thousands of troubled teens for more than two decades at MBA, and the loyal alumni and families who steadfastly supported us.

A statement from the President of Aspen Ed doesn't really lend too much credibility.  Ya think he might have just a bit of bias?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2010, 12:15:25 PM »
Quote from: "Eliscu2"
DHS investigation :bs:

Priceless....these people make an ART out of abusing everyone.

I agree with you here, Felice.  I think more harm was done to the kids of Oregon by DHS jumping the gun and claiming abuse had occurred before the investigation was completed.  Now every-time a child claims to have been abused at a program they will be more cautious and may not take it as serious.

Now that DHS has reversed their decision and found no abuse occurred after yelling "wolf" the kids are placed more at risk in my opinion.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 12:18:19 PM »
Nobody cried wolf, the program's money and power protected them, as usual.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2010, 12:20:42 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

A statement from the President of Aspen Ed doesn't really lend too much credibility.  Ya think he might have just a bit of bias?

Absolutely, Anne, we all do.  You have your bias because of your negative experience, DHS has their bias to protect their agency.  I am biased because I had a successful outcome.  Aspen is biased because they are trying to protect their business.

But we just need to consider everyone's point of view and understand where their opinion and information comes from.  Remember the book list that Antigen use to have.  It was a biased list.  There were no pro-program or moderate reading there.  Doesnt make her a bad person or a supplier of mis information.  Its just biased because that is what she wanted people to read.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 12:22:51 PM »
Now that DHS has reversed their decision and found no abuse occurred...

I see this poster still repeating this claim without any evidence.  Do you have an official statement from DHS that says that "no abuse occurred" or is this just made up?  It looks made up to me.  There's no documentation that even remotely approaches this statement.  That, IMHO, is a big hit on this poster's credibility.  It looks like s/he is trying intentionally to pull off some sort of scam.

Is there some financial motive for this poster to keep repeating this obvious falsehood with no proof?

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2010, 12:31:27 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Nobody cried wolf, the program's money and power protected them, as usual.

Thats a good point and I think you are partially correct, ShadyAcres.  It appears from DHS's statement that Aspen had filed suit against them and the state of Oregon upon review of the evidence decided that they would not win so they had to back down.  If DHS had a smoking gun of some type that abuse had occurred they would have proceeded with their movement against Aspen and MBA.

If they felt the children of Oregon were put at risk or were abused they would have proceeded in the childs best interest but that turned out not to be the case so DHS has dropped the charges and Aspen may be free to reopen again.