Author Topic: New England Patriots, Who is your team and how do you feel  (Read 3063 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
New England Patriots, Who is your team and how do you feel
« on: September 12, 2010, 11:48:20 AM »
Well the day has finally arrived, we start another football season in which the football team with the most wins and championships in the last decade defends the next decade.

Uh, Tom Brady inks a record contract; "New England Patriots  Yesterday, the Patriots submitted the paperwork for the four-year contract extension that was recently signed by Tom Brady. The extension extends through the 2014 NFL season. Today, both Robert Kraft and Tom Brady issued statements regarding the extension. Read the full statement at: http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm? ... d=44459&cp".

I like our chances as I do every year, hope everyone has a great season.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 01:25:47 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
Re: New England Patriots, Who is your team and how do you fe
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »
I miss Boston!!! :(  

But tend to root for the underdog.  Sometimes, the Patriots play like a Machine, stoic and technical but no heart.  No Duende.  I am disenchanted with Steelers right now, but hope that Polamalu has healed enough from injuries to play more this year.  He is a very charismatic player - acrobatic and inspired.  Love watching him.  It could be an interesting year for the Ravens, too. They had a kick ass defense, but I hear their offense is shaping up nicely. We'll see.

My sons are rooing for the Bengals and the Dolphins. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything but liking Tigers and Fins. Bengals have T.O. now. Hope he focuses on  football and not showboating.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
delete repeat
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 12:36:43 PM by Samara »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 12:33:13 PM »
rdelete repeat

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »
No doubt it is going to be a good year!!

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:47:57 PM »
I see you had the same problem as I had with submitting posts, I had duplicates also.  
I happen to like Polamalu also, except when he is playing the Pat's, Carson Palmer happens to be one of the better QB's in the NFL, with Ocho and Owens it should be interesting today.
Yes last year the Pat's played with no heart at all, all of our heart got old (retired) or traded away. I hope we find our missing heart this year, it is always there players have to find it within themselves. (Very prophetic, Uh)
Samara, are you angry with me again, your calling my Patriots, Fairies and Elf's (No Duende). :( :(
I miss Boston too, very much. Foxborough, MA is not very exciting town unless your tailgating or inside the stadium.    
Two sons, wow they must keep you busy, I have a daughter and a son, they are adults now. Both are proud New England fans.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:49:35 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
No doubt it is going to be a good year!!

Whootie, man after my own heart. I tried to find a pic, great one.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
Well, when I said No duende... it doesn't translate literally well. More a Spanish thing than a Mexican thing and Michener speaks of it in Iberia.

Let's say you have two flamenco dancers, and both are good. One may be more technically superior - even flawless.The other may be less technically strong but enthralling and captivating to watch. Because she has that extra whatever, the undefinable something, heart or passion or duende. The Patriots to me, are a machine. But no duende. Or maybe I have too many Bellichik prejudices.
I just prefer a more organic, less predictable spirit.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
Well, when I said No duende... it doesn't translate literally well. More a Spanish thing than a Mexican thing and Michener speaks of it in Iberia.

Let's say you have two flamenco dancers, and both are good. One may be more technically superior - even flawless.The other may be less technically strong but enthralling and captivating to watch. Because she has that extra whatever, the undefinable something, heart or passion or duende. The Patriots to me, are a machine. But no duende. Or maybe I have too many Bellichik prejudices.
I just prefer a more organic, less predictable spirit.

Yes, you are right it does have several meaning but when the Spaniards tackle the word it is meant the opposite.
James Michener, has always been one of my all time history teachers. I was going to be traveling in Austria back in the early nineties and I wanted to read some back history about Austria, my sister who lived in Linz at the time with her husband and children, asked me to read Poland, James Michener for the politics and history of the Austrian Empire.
Leon Uris, was another great author I love for history but mainly for the politics. Uris addressed the plight of a whole populace better then anyone.
Actually this conversation is probably best for another forum. Sorry.