Author Topic: You know what?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You know what?
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:50:02 AM »
I was at first pretty pissed off with the new moderation changes. I still am to some extent. My rationale being that myself and a few others are being subjected to something to control a few ding a lings.

However, the more I think about the more I take into consideration that the current state of affairs can't be blamed on a few people. We've all played a role in the today's state of affairs of these forums. Since none of us are without sin so to speak, myself included, I'm going to be more patient and supportive of Psy who has given a great deal of time and effort to these forums over the years.

So yeah, no worries about me instigating a troll inspired uprising.

I'll be a  good little boy for the time being.

To promote a greater sense of harmony on these forums several individuals were just thrown on my foe list. No need to call them out as I bet they can guess who they already are.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
Re: You know what?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:49:23 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I was at first pretty pissed off with the new moderation changes. I still am to some extent. My rationale being that myself and a few others are being subjected to something to control a few ding a lings.

However, the more I think about the more I take into consideration that the current state of affairs can't be blamed on a few people. We've all played a role in the today's state of affairs of these forums. Since none of us are without sin so to speak, myself included, I'm going to be more patient and supportive of Psy who has given a great deal of time and effort to these forums over the years.

So yeah, no worries about me instigating a troll inspired uprising.

I'll be a  good little boy for the time being.

To promote a greater sense of harmony on these forums several individuals were just thrown on my foe list. No need to call them out as I bet they can guess who they already are.

Understandably so my brother... Have done the same thing here... Sorta boring now though.... :rofl: ...Nah I had my interview yesterday to be on the Green Peace Ship Artic Sunrise... Missed out on this campaign... More than likely be on the next one in 3 months... Dont know if it will be here in the Gulf assisting with clean up of oil soaked birds and other animals.. But I do have my passport handy just in case I get to go somewhere like Antartica !!!!

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:45:24 AM »
Welp, here's a beer hoisted in your regard...

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 11:28:20 AM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 06:44:19 PM by Maximilian »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 06:12:35 PM »
This post was made by Maximilian who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Best post ever by Maxie Poo.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 06:27:42 PM »
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:23:16 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 06:29:57 PM »
This post was made by DannyB II who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

Even better...

:seg:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
I think Che hit it on the head.  We all headed down the same path together and these new rules are meant to help weed out the posters who are not adding value and are only here to disrupt the forum for the fun of it.  The rest will continue on and try to get along with one another and maybe learn to listen to each other more.  It will take time to shed some old habits of debate (myself included), but I think it will prove to be a better forum and a more productive forum for those who chose to stay.

There are many options as Che has pointed out with his use of the “ignore option”.   Personally I don’t use it, I scan through looking at the names and skip over those who I know to be disingenuous.  I have placed my PM box on block all users which has helped reduce the spam.  If people can just be content with accepting each other’s opinions, standing behind all your own posts by keeping to one login name and refraining from attacks then there really isn’t any downside to this change to a moderated forum.

Psy and Ginger didnt just decide this over night.  We have all witnessed the path that this forum has taken.  A few years ago many will remember that we were getting spikes of over 400 visitors reading posts at one time here on fornits.  Now we don’t get anywhere near that.  Part of the reason is that fornits just isn’t a very safe place to be when you consider all the people trying to attack and revealing and selling of posters identity, talking of IP numbers, building web pages dedicated to humiliating kids etc.

If you look at Nigels posts for example you can see that he had a lot more to say and share with us but never did.  He always made the point to say “I am not saying Aspen Ranch was a good choice”  which showed he was afraid to speak openly here.  We can all admit that it isn’t safe here for survivors or program parents to speak their mind.  But these changes may lead to a slow change in the culture here on fornits and lead to a better tolerant base of posters.

Change always takes time and is most difficult at its' onset.