Author Topic: New Fornits Rules/Constitution [Ratified]  (Read 16459 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
New Fornits Rules/Constitution [Ratified]
« on: September 08, 2010, 07:25:55 PM »
Laws
1. If a thread already exists on a topic, use it, rather than start a new one.
2. Don't derail threads by changing the topic. Start a new topic.
3. No outing of home addresses or phone numbers without a person's consent.  This includes linking to such information.
4. Post your topics in the appropriate forum, with an appropriate name.
5. Multiple usernames are disallowed if you use them for sockpuppetry. Sockpuppets will be outed.
6. No attacking other posters with insults (this includes driving parents off). You can make your point with civility.  Responding to an insult with an insult is not a justification.
7. Impersonation of another poster or living person is not allowed, unless it is obvious parody.  The standard is this: if a stupid person could mistake the identity to be that of the parodied, it's a violation.  You may either agree to have such an account labeled as "parody" or have it deleted.
8. One unmoderated forum will remain (open free for all) however it will be opt-in, similar to the drama box.

Bill of Rights
1. You have the right to your opinion, however unpopular.  You will not be disciplined for your opinions so long their expression stays within the rules of the forum.
2. You have a right to an impartial moderation.  If you get into an argument with a moderator, that moderator may not punish you and must rely on the judgement of another moderator.
3. You have the right to an appeal.  If you feel you were treated unjustly by one of our moderators you have the right to request an appeal.  A panel of moderators will go over your case and make a decision affirming or overturning the decision.  Affirmations must be unanimous.
4. You have a right to be informed of all correspondance concerning your case.
5. You have the right to privacy.  You have the right to create a second or third account for the purposes of retaining anonymity.

Penalties:

You will be informed if you violate a rule.  If repeated violation occur, your account may be disabled temporarily.  After your account is enabled again, you will be considered on a probationary period.  If further violations occur, you may be banned permanently.

This constitution only applies to postings from this point on (9/8/2010).

I'll be editing this rough draft as we come up with ideas. I welcome feedback. Just so we're clear, once these rules are finalized, they'll apply to everybody regardless of their opinions or group affiliation.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
Re: New Fornits Constitution
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 07:41:02 PM »
How about something like, "You may edit your posts for 30 minutes after submitting them. After 30 minutes, no post can be edited or deleted."

or...

Vitriolic posts that personally attack people, will not be tolerated and are grounds for banning the author from this message board.

Any person that is here to cause trouble, start arguments and/or intimidate people, will be banned.

Don't post any contact information without specific permission in advance from a moderator. Contact information posted without permission will be deleted.

Any comment posted at this message board may subsequently be edited or deleted by the specifically designated moderators.

The owners of this message board have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

If you agree to these terms, please check the "I agree" box at the end of the page.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 07:46:37 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 01:57:58 PM by Joel »

Offline SEKTO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 07:52:14 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Quote from: "SEKTO"
How about something like, "You may edit your posts for 30 minutes after submitting them. After 30 minutes, no post can be edited or deleted."

SEKTO what year did Stalin die?   Breathe, drink a six pack of beer, take a walk in the park and relax.   :D

Hey, just my opinion.  You're not obligated to agree with it.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
In light of the decision to moderate the forum i'm developing a set of rules along with a set of guaranteed rights which will not be infringed.

Laws
1. If a thread already exists on a topic, use it, rather than start a new one.
2. Don't derail threads by changing the topic. Start a new topic.
4. Post your topics in the appropriate forum.
3. No outing of home addresses or phone numbers without a person's consent.  This includes linking to such information.
5. Multiple usernames are disallowed if you use them for sockpuppetry. Sockpuppets will be outed.
6. No attacking other posters with insults (this includes driving parents off). You can make your point with civility.  Responding to an insult with an insult is not a justification.
7. One unmoderated forum will remain (open free for all) however it will be opt-in, similar to the drama box.

Bill of Rights
1. You have the right to your opinion, however unpopular.  You will not be disciplined for your opinions so long their expression stays within the rules of the forum.
2. You have a right to an impartial moderation.  If you get into an argument with a moderator, that moderator may not punish you and must rely on the judgement of another moderator.
3. You have the right to an appeal.  If you feel you were treated unjustly by one of our moderators you have the right to request an appeal.  A panel of moderators will go over your case and make a decision affirming or overturning the decision.  Affirmations must be unanimous.
4. You have a right to be informed of all correspondance concerning your case.
5. You have the right to privacy.  You have the right to create a second or third account for the purposes of retaining anonymity.

Penalties:

You will be informed if you violate a rule.  If repeated violation occur, your account may be disabled temporarily.  After your account is enabled again, you will be considered on a probationary period.  If further violations occur, you may be banned permanently.

This constitution only applies to postings from this point on.

I'll be editing this rough draft as we come up with ideas. I welcome feedback. Just so we're clear, once these rules are finalized, they'll apply to everybody regardless of their opinions or group affiliation.

Will the "unmoderated box" be as it is now anything goes, profane language, bullying, ganging up on folks from the same people, sarcasim, ect...not for the timid.
I hope not seriously, I can only hope that fornits is turning a page and ridding itself of any avenues that ridicule others. This is exactly what I saw when I got here and became a part of it. Not making excuses or pointing fingers just being honest. I think we need to just "chill out' for a while with all the grudges, resentments and hurt feelings and not be allowed any avenue to start this viciousness again. Myself "big time" included in all of what I just said.
Moderation will definitely curb addiction to "personality disorders" here fo'sur.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anti-Troll

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
OH SHIT.....I AM OUTTA HERE.....EMPERIAL CRUSADES ON FORNITS!!!
FUCKIN ELITISTS! :beat:
"Because you are a TROLL"

Offline Anti-Troll

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:13:33 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"

SEKTO what year did Stalin die?   Breathe, drink a six pack of beer, take a walk in the park and relax.   :D

Hey, just my opinion.  You're not obligated to agree with it.

LOL
NICE SIGN
"Because you are a TROLL"

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 08:26:18 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Will the "unmoderated box" be as it is now anything goes, profane language, bullying, ganging up on folks from the same people, sarcasim, ect...not for the timid.

Yes, but it's opt-in.

I hope not seriously, I can only hope that fornits is turning a page and ridding itself of any avenues that ridicule others.

Well.  There needs to be an outlet or moderation will never work.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »
bump

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »
So we can out a person by name still?

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »
I think moderation of specific forums is change for the better.

I’ve had some considerable concern and confusion about why there would be an area like the OFFA, if every forum can become an attack venue that obscures information about the school/ program or topic being discussed or worse cause posters who are put off by the most prolific and relentless to retreat.

That’s not to say that I don’t agree that an Open Free For All has an important role on Fornits. Certainly considering the incendiary nature of some discussions, as well as sequelae  of abusive programming experiences and inevitable sparks over differences of opinion there should be a place where explosions can be contained w/out reducing everything around it to rubble.

I’m all about no posting personal info of other posters, any kids and their parents and even staff. Though I think such considerations for Directors who have started or put their stink on one or even many abusive programs might eventually be a grey area for me.

I’m down for (with privacy exemptions) no more sock-puppeted *testimonials*.

I’m all-in for being able to find decent debate, engaging conversation, thoughtful observation and even just some silly frivolity w/ out my brain flinching from having to sift through what was aptly called text vomit.

Additionally, I’d really like more people to support imposing a death penalty on smiley abusers.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 10:44:26 PM »
Since we are all up in arms about making this place a better place could you start here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29840&start=1515

You'll notice mr. babble tits posted Felice's personal records on an open forum. I'd like them deleted and him warned. Do so quickly please or this entire thing is going to end up a sham.

Offline Evil WWASP

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 11:55:00 PM »
Hello again. Im gonna repost what I wrote on another thread, In view of that youre solidifying rules and that I feel there is a necessity to perserve the right to "name names" in some regards, even while ending the right to "name names" in other frameworks . What che's referencing illustrates the kind of posting of personal info that should not be tolerated (i dont know the whole background, but obviously it's done for reasons that are not related to teen abuse but for unreasonable "flame war" concerns)

Quote from: "Che Gookin"
Since we are all up in arms about making this place a better place could you start here:

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=29840&start=1515

You'll notice mr. babble tits posted Felice's personal records on an open forum. I'd like them deleted and him warned. Do so quickly please or this entire thing is going to end up a sham.

On the other hand there are times we should have the right to "name names"...
Quote from: "evil wwasp"
I see your points. The problem I see there is then we couldn't link to "free so and so campaigns" and such. We couldn't even post names of teens who commit suicide post incarceration or in program. Should fornits administrators really demand posters be "secret keepers," not able to even link to identities’ intricate in this abomination and bury their terrible secret knowledge? I appreciate that it is embarrassing to be exposed as a child abuser for former staff(Joel), I appreciate it is embarrassing for program parents to be exposed as criminals, I appreciate that, in the pile case, that maybe everyone involved wanted what was transpiring to be done secretly. But I don't see why that's fornits posters' burden of secrets to carry...at least not to the point they can't even link to another site about it

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 12:22:26 AM »
I think the "free so and so" is ok.  I'm just opposed to home phone numbers and addresses.  At that point, as Ginger once put it, things cross from the virtual into the real world and can start affecting people's lives.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
Psy

Programs have and still are affecting lives. What we do here is very real and involves people's lives and their ability to live them free of being coerced in a treatment program. You may want to consider what impact this will have on the Straight community and those who want to kick Virgil Newton in the ass. This isn't as clear cut as you make it out to be.