Author Topic: Illegal Border Crossings...  (Read 1780 times)

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
Illegal Border Crossings...
« on: August 13, 2010, 07:23:32 PM »
AP
Some say banning driver's licenses for illegal immigrants leads to more unlicensed, uninsured drivers on the road. Others say allowing them attracts illegal immigrants to certain states. What do you think?

I liked these thoughts..

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.
IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.
IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.
IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.
IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.
IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

If YOU cross the Mexican Border Illegally, you will end up in a Mexican Federal Jail for a very long stay that is NOT very nice! Believe me, you do NOT want to end up in a Mexican Jail!!!!!
IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET:

1 - A JOB,
2 - A DRIVERS LICENSE,
3 - SOCIAL SECURITY CARD,
4 - WELFARE,
5 - FOOD STAMPS,
6 - CREDIT CARDS,
7 - SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,
8 - FREE EDUCATION,
9 - FREE HEALTH CARE,
10 - A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON ,
11 - BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE
12 - AND THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON'T GET ENOUGH RESPECT.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
Re: Illegal Border Crossings...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 07:55:16 PM »
I'm happy the US is not NK-Cuba with regard to immigration.  I don't want to be walled out or in.

However, the benefits to illegal immigrants is so over stated. In fact, most illegals do not have access to or use any services. They don't want to be caught.  Historically, the US gov't has facilitated migrant labor through Embarcadero/Bracero programs or simply turning the other cheek. Agriculture would collapse without Mexican workers. Americans are too lazy. They'd rather be on welfare. Blunt but true.  I will try and find my book on the other argument - it was written in the 90s but did discuss stats and economic impact in overview - including total value added and cost of services.  Also discusses propaganda from the 1800s to 1990s for alternately encouraging and discouraging immigration among Asians/Latinos, depending on the political or economic climate.  In any event, measures should be rational and accepting of the idea that there is no perfect remedy. And that's ok.  There are so many other more pressing issues.

In any event, perhaps we should send the Statue of Liberty back to France. Or maybe the placard should say: Sorry your life sucks. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:34:55 PM »
Quote from: "Samara"
I'm happy the US is not NK-Cuba with regard to immigration.  I don't want to be walled out or in.

However, the benefits to illegal immigrants is so over stated. In fact, most illegals do not have access to or use any services. They don't want to be caught.  Historically, the US gov't has facilitated migrant labor through Embarcadero/Bracero programs or simply turning the other cheek. Agriculture would collapse without Mexican workers. Americans are too lazy. They'd rather be on welfare. Blunt but true.  I will try and find my book on the other argument - it was written in the 90s but did discuss stats and economic impact in overview - including total value added and cost of services.  Also discusses propaganda from the 1800s to 1990s for alternately encouraging and discouraging immigration among Asians/Latinos, depending on the political or economic climate.  In any event, measures should be rational and accepting of the idea that there is no perfect remedy. And that's ok.  There are so many other more pressing issues.

In any event, perhaps we should send the Statue of Liberty back to France. Or maybe the placard should say: Sorry your life sucks. Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Immigration, Americans are lazy and would rather be on welfare, turning the other cheek, Statue of Liberty(?) and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Samara, immigrate to Mexico illegally just for shits and giggles, go ahead I dare you. Then come back and tell us your story.
Americans lazy and just want to be on welfare, maybe that is your America you live or see. America has turned the other cheek and we will again and again. I would love to have them return the Statue, what a crock of shit.
Oh yes please if you can find a place on earth that meets all your ideals, please don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Meaning don't hesitate.
Oh, I don't know what state or maybe country you live in but in Georgia, No.Carolina and California they are doing just fine using all of the services these states provide to their inhabitants.

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:07:48 PM by Joel »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:56:59 PM »
Joel, in case you forgot DannyB II went to Elan. So why don't you "rap pass" that around your head. Good Night.

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 02:03:40 PM »
Untwist your drawers, DB. All I'm saying is the issue is more complex and nuanced than your post indicates. But your post is funny...

as far as me immigrating to Mexico - my parents live in Mexico, and I enjoy it very much. Also, a small fraction of my family lived in New Mexico when it was Mexico... although again, the history and cultural identity of Mexico wasn't "nationalized" as much as regional at that point.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
Untwist your drawers, DB. All I'm saying is the issue is more complex and nuanced than your post indicates. But your post is funny...

as far as me immigrating to Mexico - my parents live in Mexico, and I enjoy it very much. Also, a small fraction of my family lived in New Mexico when it was Mexico... although again, the history and cultural identity of Mexico wasn't "nationalized" as much as regional at that point.

Pozo éste es gran noticias Samaritano , Estoy feliz ser hablando a alguien quién comprender el problemas del Mexicano lado de la borde. Mi palabras escritas está no destinado a ser llevado como agresivo como son. Sé perfectamente pozo aquel el ediciones está mucho más político después YO escribió ellas aquí. Si Fui a complicado en la complexidades de este edición estaría toma mí páginas. Cuál Estoy diciendo por ahora es así , es 2010 y cosas haber recogido a cambio. Nosotros estamos ascenso en población y el mundo como siempre es un peligroso local. México has allí problemas con corrupción y hasta ellos descoser aquel vid afuera al raíz , México testamento continuar a padecer. América lata no más subvencionar esto país , si gran negocio acordar o no.  

danny

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 12:36:07 PM »
Sí, el mundo es un lugar diferente y puede implosionar pronto. Demasiado pendejos muchos, pero ¿qué podemos hacer reír? Yo no soy un nacionalista. Simplemente me gusta la gente buena. Gracias a su profesora de español o traductor de Google y vaya con Dios.  Todo en buen espíritu! O0

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
My opinion
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »
I think we should open our doors a bit more, and let more if these people in, legitimatly.  They get in anyway.  Make 'em citizens.  

I gotta say.. I can t blame 'em.  I would do the same thing that they are doing in many cases.  I would do whatever I could to get over here, if born in quite a few other countries... and I would try to get my family over.  Knowing this in my mind, it would be hard for me, to say, " Send them back." or "keep them out!", but i think that we should make them citizens, including the ones that are already here.

I know .. Welfare... blah.. blah.. But I have to admit, taht the illegals that I have met, and I have met quite a few, are the hardest working MFers that I have come across. I have read that many are gang members. Put 'em jail.. done.. boom..

A lot of cops let illegals go for crimes, because they don t wanna get involved in all the bullshit.. make 'em citizens.. Put them on the same ground as the rest of us.
If you are scared that they are going to take your job, I don t know what to tell ya- Work harder.  We are competing with these people anyway, from a global perspective.  

Paul St. John

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
Sí, el mundo es un lugar diferente y puede implosionar pronto. Demasiado pendejos muchos, pero ¿qué podemos hacer reír? Yo no soy un nacionalista. Simplemente me gusta la gente buena. Gracias a su profesora de español o traductor de Google y vaya con Dios.  Todo en buen espíritu! O0

Sí el mundo es un diferente local y desde el comienzo supimos esto mundo / vida haría nunca último para siempre. No soy contra Mexicanos o cualquier ética grupo , Estoy buscando feria viviente aquí en el EUA. Nosotros lata no marchar al mismo paso el inmigración niveles nosotros estamos a y también el nacimiento tasa , esto país es único así grande. YO amor esto país ( EUA ) y YO también amor México. YO viaje a México frecuentemente. YO deseo aquel México puedes resolver allí corrupción sin el matanza.
Samaritano gracias por conversando.   :cheers:

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
Samara I thought you would appreciate these comments.

A final word on those seeking to end the concept of American citizenship by virtue of birth, led by Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC):

Don't they understand that the concept of citizenship by birth is one of the great American ideas of which we have been justly proud and which distinguishes us from many other countries and has served us well? They should not fear the Know Nothings, whose voices are loud, but whose numbers are small. They should not shame themselves by joining these violators of American values and traditions.