Author Topic: Academy at Swift River - Academic "Credits" Don't Transfer  (Read 8532 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: Academy at Swift River - Academic "Credits" Don't Transf
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
Money doesn't abuse children, the staffers who work at programs abuse children. Just like dysfunction junction. Willing to take money to abuse other people's children, what a disgusting person. Survivors here need to pressure abusive staffers like Dysfunction to give back every cent they stole from our parents, and then pay us resitution for all the abuse they put us through.

Suck it, what program did you attend?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"
I've been saying this for many years.  The vast majority of these programs have "self-study" academics, no accreditation, no licensed teachers, etc.

We had a long discussion several years ago about the Academy at Swift River, an Aspen Education Program, and the unaccredited academics there.  It was insisted by one poster here that all credits transfer, the school was accredited, etc., although he did admit that his own child had to repeat a year of highschool after leaving ASR.  He continued to claim "improvements have been made and all credits transfer and 100% of this kids get into the college of their choice."  This is false.

After operating this "school" for over a decade, Aspen Education still does not provide transferable credits through its education program.  Here is a recent statement from just last year from a parent whose child was forced to repeat a year of high school after finishing the ASR program:

Quote from: "ASR Parent"
This school is not structured. The credits do not transfer to any school other than as those such as a gym class or band credits. My son, upon returning to regular highschool, had to repeat junior year while taking senior year. I do not recommend this school to anyone.
Posted by a parent on 07/28/09

Link

Parents should beware Aspen Education's aggressive and false marketing of its "schools" which cannot issue diplomas nor transerable academic credits.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline yorkyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2011, 04:13:12 PM »
I know a child who attended New Leaf, North Carolina (an Aspen school for young girls which is now closed) for eighth and nineth grades. She had been a top student before New Leaf and was an excellent student while at New Leaf. But, upon returning home, her new high school found her deficient in academics enough so that she had to repeat 9th. I think anyone attending any aspen boarding school should get a detailed copy of the school's curriculum and consult with your kid's home school to see if academic credits will transfer.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »
Quote from: "yorkyfan"
I know a child who attended New Leaf, North Carolina (an Aspen school for young girls which is now closed) for eighth and nineth grades. She had been a top student before New Leaf and was an excellent student while at New Leaf. But, upon returning home, her new high school found her deficient in academics enough so that she had to repeat 9th. I think anyone attending any aspen boarding school should get a detailed copy of the school's curriculum and consult with your kid's home school to see if academic credits will transfer.
I think this is a far commoner occurrence than people realize. I've read of similar such scenarios associated with a number of other programs. From the program's standpoint, they probably rationalize that most parents just want to get their kids back "on track." Academics are such a secondary consideration, why should programs put much effort into bringing it up to expected standards?

Of course, I kinda doubt that parents are fully aware of this beforehand, while the program is still being marketed to them...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------