Author Topic: If You Really Knew Me  (Read 3182 times)

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
If You Really Knew Me
« on: August 05, 2010, 01:21:41 PM »
I was watching MTV and this show called "If you Really Knew Me" came on, and it's really interesting. It is about something called "challenge day" where counselors go into high schools and help the kids overcome their issues. It is done with a large group, and when I saw this it reminded me of being in a program therapy group, its very similar actually. So here is an LGAT that is becoming very popular, and helping a lot of high school kids. It's great because not all kids can go to programs and experience the amazing feeling of this experience, but now they can. The fact it's on MTV lets the audience participate and get an idea of what an LGAT session really is like. You should watch it, it's a great show and especially people who weren't in program but think they are evil, this gives you a taste of what it's really like in group therapy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: If You Really Knew Me
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 01:23:21 PM »
Yeah, we've heard about this for a while now.   Sickening isn't it.   ::)
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »
It seems to help the kids. I think it's great that people want to help bring harmony to high schools, I think this might help in preventing the situation from getting so bad there are school shootings and other problems. I respect people who try to help teens like this a lot.
one day at a time

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:53 PM »
SUCK IT you still didn't discuss why you turned off your PM function after 25 May 2010, 21:23.   ::OMG::   ::OMG:: ::OMG:: ::OMG::  ::OMG::
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:08:06 PM by elangraduate »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
It seems to help the kids.

Citation needed.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:04:08 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Citation needed.

Watch the show, you'll see what I mean.
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Citation needed.

Watch the show, you'll see what I mean.

Anecdotal stories are not citations or evidence.  So, do you have any actual evidence that they help the kids?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
SUCK IT said a couple of weeks ago he was leaving Fornits because he got a new job.  But he's here day and night, sometimes until 3 in the morning, posting about his "experiences" in an unnamed program.  I wonder if he actually got that job or he lost it already?  Either way, he "pulled a Whooter" and told us he was leaving, said his goodbyes and just came back the next day like he never said those things.  Those two have a lot of similarities.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:15 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
SUCK IT said a couple of weeks ago he was leaving Fornits because he got a new job.  But he's here day and night, sometimes until 3 in the morning, posting about his "experiences" in an unnamed program.  I wonder if he actually got that job or he lost it already?  Either way, he "pulled a Whooter" and told us he was leaving, said his goodbyes and just came back the next day like he never said those things.  Those two have a lot of similarities.

I'm sure you'll get over it eventually.
one day at a time

Offline elangraduate

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »
Quote from: "elangraduate"
SUCK IT you still didn't discuss why you turned off your PM function after 25 May 2010, 21:23.   ::OMG::   ::OMG:: ::OMG:: ::OMG::  ::OMG::

SUCK "a digit" are you still avoiding the question you potty mouth troll?

:jawdrop:  :jawdrop:  :jawdrop:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 02:10:13 PM »

That's right!!!  I forgot about that!  I guess we're so "insignificant" that he feels the need to bump us up in the Google ratings.  :seg:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 02:12:31 PM »
Did you also notice the SUCK IT identity was posting away happily all day today and no Whooter was to be seen and less than 30 seconds after I posted Whooter's clean up job on his daughter's failure after the program, there was Whooter with some repetitive spam trolling?  Coincidence?  Hardly.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 02:15:39 PM »
Did you also notice the SUCK IT identity was posting away happily all day today and no Whooter was to be seen and less than 30 seconds after I posted Whooter's clean up job on his daughter's failure after the program, there was Whooter with some repetitive spam trolling?  Coincidence?  Hardly.

He was also the one that (for a couple of hours) had a picture of my ass as his avatar, then quickly changed it to Cameron Diaz.  SUCK IT wasn't even here way back when I posted that pic, but Whooter sure was.

Offline SUCK IT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 02:17:14 PM »
You are only proving my point about conspiracy theories and mythology being necessary to uphold the group think.
one day at a time

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 02:19:01 PM »
You are only proving my point about conspiracy theories and mythology being necessary to uphold the group think.

Yep, happens all the time in programs.  Glad you can finally admit that.