Author Topic: Academy at Sisters  (Read 66964 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Academy at Sisters
« Reply #375 on: July 14, 2010, 02:42:55 PM »
Quote from: "SUCK IT"
I...will not be able to post here as much or at all anymore.

Well...bye.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 15, 2010, 01:52:38 AM »
SUCK IT is this guy.

...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Pile of shit

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 15, 2010, 03:23:40 AM »
Well, it's our friendly neighborhood child stalker Pile of Dead Kids.  Who knows, Pile could be the next duct tape rapist?  Pile do you feel better now that you tried to split up a family?  You are a real winner.  WOW!!!
WOW!!!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Chesley Strowd at NorthStar Center in 2008
« Reply #378 on: July 16, 2010, 02:41:39 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
And in case you think that anyone's talking about therapy as it is understood by the actual psychological world, take a good look at the CEDU forum.
Why should anyone look at the CEDU forum?  I believe CEDU closed.  You should check the thread title, Pile.  This is Academy at Sisters.
As you well know, the heads of the hydra that is CEDU keep cropping up again and again. For some reason, CEDU philosophy, methodologies and protocols have worked their way into more than just a program or two in the state of Oregon.

Mount Bachelor Academy was, of course, the most infamous one of late ... due, for the most part, to their utilization of the Lifesteps seminars/workshops which were based on CEDU's seminars/workshops. Another Aspen program in Oregon which also uses Lifesteps is NorthStar.

And here, in this very thread, with regard to Academy at Sisters, a number of references and connections to CEDU have already cropped up...
Speaking of NorthStar Center, that is, a program which utilized (and probably still does) the "emotional growth" Lifesteps seminar curriculum based on CEDU's seminars/workshops, and Chesley Strowd, Admissions Director at Academy of Sisters, which utilizes a parent coaching system involving ex-CEDU staff and admins... It turns out that... Strowd actually took on a job at NorthStar as their Admissions Director for a brief period in 2008. How ever brief that was, I do not know, but she subsequently returned to Academy of Sisters where she had been employed since 2003.

Here's the announcement from Struggling Teens:

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Breaking News
Posted: Aug 14, 2008 05:02

NorthStar Center
Bend, OR

Strowd New Admissions Director For Northstar Center

Sean Fievet
Executive Director
541-385-8657
http://www.northstarcenter.com.

NorthStar Center is a program of Aspen Education Group, the nation's leading provider of therapeutic education programs for struggling or underachieving young people. Aspen's services range from short-term intervention programs to residential treatment, and include a variety of therapeutic settings such as boarding schools, outdoor behavioral health programs and special needs summer camps, allowing professionals and families the opportunity to choose the best setting to meet a student's unique academic and emotional needs. Aspen is a division of CRC Health Group, the nation's largest chemical dependency and related behavioral health organization. For over two decades, CRC Health has been achieving successful outcomes for individuals and families.

Copyright ©2010, Woodbury Reports, Inc.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
But Ursus, she is an admissions director.  You seem to think because you can find a connection that the place is CEDU based.  When CEDU closed there were tons of people out of work and where would they go?  To other programs!  If McDonalds closed then people may flock to Burger King because people typically stay within the area that they know.  But if we went to Burger King you probably couldn't get a Big Mac.

Each program has a model that they run by and employees that they hire are trained to implement this model.  If the employee which use to work for McDonalds started making special sauce and putting it on hamburgers he would be fired.  The same with the employees that came to programs from CEDU, they are trained to the model that is established.

What if you found out that an employee was Jewish, would that make the program Jewish based?  or if an employee was found to be a member of the KKK, would that redefine the whole program?
Maybe they are CEDU and Maybe they are not but that needs to be determined by what model they work to and the components that support it...i.e life steps etc.

Do you see what I mean?

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 16, 2010, 09:51:54 PM »
But Ursus, she is an admissions director.  You seem to think because you can find a connection that the place is CEDU based.  When CEDU closed there were tons of people out of work and where would they go?  To other programs!  If McDonalds closed then people may flock to Burger King because people typically stay within the area that they know.  But if we went to Burger King you probably couldn't get a Big Mac.

Each program has a model that they run by and employees that they hire are trained to implement this model.  If the employee which use to work for McDonalds started making special sauce and putting it on hamburgers he would be fired.  The same with the employees that came to programs from CEDU, they are trained to the model that is established.

What if you found out that an employee was Jewish, would that make the program Jewish based?  or if an employee was found to be a member of the KKK, would that redefine the whole program?
Maybe they are CEDU and Maybe they are not but that needs to be determined by what model they work to and the components that support it...i.e life steps etc.

Do you see what I mean?

You gotta love it....

Whooter's World-Where Child Abuse is Comparable to Special Sauce!

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 16, 2010, 10:54:07 PM »
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
You gotta love it....

If you twisted it a little it could be viewed as child abuse if you wanted to see it that way.  But my intention was to show that the process used at CEDU doesn’t necessarily follow the employees to their new jobs.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 16, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »
You gotta love it....

If you twisted it a little it could be viewed as child abuse if you wanted to see it that way.  But my intention was to show that the process used at CEDU doesn’t necessarily follow the employees to their new jobs.
I imagine that it's pretty hard to become a convincing exponent of CEDU unless you are able to internalize it and eventually, to believe it. That's why folks who've voluntarily spent a long time at CEDU ... are often Lifers. CEDU is not "just a job" to these folk; it's a way of life.

For the record, lest Whooter trump up more charges of my "misleading readers," LOL ... I am NOT saying that Academy at Sisters is a CEDU program. I don't think we know enough yet about this program to jump to any such conclusions, one way or another.

I AM, however, saying that there are a disturbing number of CEDU influences and connections, particularly in key areas that really matter, when it comes to ascertaining a specific program's ideology and methodology of influence, namely: 1.) parental indoctrination, 2.) financial support, and 3.) the marketing interface between the real world and the world according to program. Y'all can make of it what you will.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 17, 2010, 12:00:08 AM »
You gotta love it....

And my point, is that we are talking about people here.  We are talking about their habits, their view of life, their orientation, their personal philosophy.

Going from being a harmful person by nature who hurts kids, to being a good person, who actually has a positive impact on their lives, is just a tad bit more of a career adjustment then the extreme effort required to abstain from putting special sauce on burgers.

You are right.  A person from McD's would try to get a job at Burger King, because they are very similar.

You are almost making the argument, yourself.

Helpful verse harmful is not similar.  It is an extraordinarily huge difference. A lot bigger then special sauce.

In a more sensible metaphor, Burger King and McDonalds would both be CEDU programs, with slight differences. For example different ways of fucking with people.

Now, Programs would be the food industry at large, and perhaps, a helpful, beneficial program would be like a 4 star restaurant or something to that effect. I don't think too many 4 star restaraunts would hire someone based on their fast food experience, but just as you said, another fast food place would hire them, where all they have to learn is to replace a big mac with a Whopper.

This all sounds kind of silly, but it's not. This is a far more realistic metaphor and the one that you are attempting to use is misleading.

And even yet another more accurate way to look it-  Bearing in mind, the reputation of the CEDU programs.......

If you opened a food establishment of any type, would you hire employees of an establishment known for poisoning people, and feel completely like all is well, and good, because in your new establishment, poisoning people is not part of the new system that you have trained them in?

Paul St. John

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 17, 2010, 09:56:57 AM »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Academy at Sisters; parent contract for Next Step for Succes
« Reply #385 on: July 17, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
Here's the contract parents need to sign re. the Next Step for Success parent coaching sessions. Although language therein states that it is "not required," I kinda have my doubts as to how that will go down in practice. This is on page 6 of the 8-page contracts & releases bundle that Oscar posted earlier.

Note that both logos are on this contract:

PARENT COACHING RELEASE

I, ____________________, am the parent/guardian of ____________________ (student). Student's date of birth is ______________.  As the parent/guardian of student, I am authorized to consent to the release of information concerning student. I hereby authorize The Academy at Sisters, or its agents, to release general information to Next Step for Success concerning student and parent/guardian for the purpose of Next Step for Success Parent Coaches obtaining information and documentation related to student/parent/guardian as necessary.

I understand that the information submitted or received may be protected by federal and/or state law and that I am not required to sign this consent. It is my understanding that all information concerning student will be treated as confidential by The Academy at Sisters, or their agents. This document has been explained to my satisfaction.  

This consent shall remain in effect until the earlier of: termination of student's enrollment at The Academy at Sisters, or until Student's 18th birthday.

A person or entity to which a duplicate of this release (containing copies of signatures of the parties) is delivered may rely on the duplicate, whether provided by photocopy, facsimile, or otherwise. They may also rely on the representation of The Academy at Sisters that student’s enrollment is current.

DATED this ____ day of __________________, ______.

___________________________      _________________________  
           Witness Signature ·  Witness Printed Name

Page 1 of 1 · The Academy at Sisters · Revised 4/2010

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Academy At Sisters and Next Step For Success
« Reply #386 on: August 22, 2010, 07:38:14 PM »
More discussion re. the "philosophy" imparted via the Valentines' coaching endeavors can be found in this short thread; some folk may recognize some CEDU lingo:

Owning the problem · viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24748[/list]

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
    « Reply #387 on: August 23, 2010, 04:51:23 AM »
    Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
    « Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:25:13 PM by Joel »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #388 on: August 23, 2010, 08:03:06 AM »
    If you opened a food establishment of any type, would you hire employees of an establishment known for poisoning people, and feel completely like all is well, and good, because in your new establishment, poisoning people is not part of the new system that you have trained them in?

I don’t think many establishments would have a problem hiring these people.  What you don’t seem to understand is that people don’t generally wake up each morning with the intent and desire to harm others.  If the restaurant were harming or poisoning people then it is probably embedded in their process somewhere.  Each establishment has a different process which they dictate and control (not the employees).

The fallacy in your argument is that you assume that all the people programs hire are evil by nature.  

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
      • View Profile
    « Reply #389 on: August 25, 2010, 07:29:30 AM »
    I need someone who has actually spoken to Morgan's parents over the phone to contact me, quickly.. it is important.

I have a question or two based on your experiences with them.