Author Topic: Cunning Linguist  (Read 3432 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cunning Linguist
« on: June 16, 2010, 01:37:11 AM »
I think it has come time that we drop the moderation of the Elan forum on the understanding that they troll and bugger each other all they want within it. The hope that someone sane and rational rising up has long since been cast by the wayside. Should a time come where there is someone who wants to speak out as a rational voice of Elan we can always set them up with a moderated forum, to keep out the morons, in the CAN section.

I understand the point of this moderation was to help the kiddies play fair or some shit? Obviously that has failed as they've merely started going at it all over the forum.

Ship the Elannies back to Mexico/The Elan forum and allow  them to police themselves in their own colourful way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Inculcated

• View Profile
elanianation of affection
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2010, 02:59:20 AM »
Quote from: "Che Gookin"
I think it has come time that we drop the moderation of the Elan forum .
Agreed.  My resignation was submitted a short while back and it probably won’t be long until an Admin has a moment to adjust the front page.
on the understanding that they troll and bugger each other all they want within it.
That won’t happen.
Should a time come where there is someone who wants to speak out as a rational voice of Elan we can always set them up with a moderated forum, to keep out the morons, in the CAN section. .
Something like that was done by creating an Élan sub forum a few years back. Whatever vision that inspired that partition was clearly never realized.  This CAN section  seems like a good idea though, there should be an place where accounts and information about the decades of unconscionable abuses inflicted at the Élan School don't get lost in the fray.
I understand the point of this moderation was to help the kiddies play fair or some shit? Obviously that has failed as they've merely started going at it all over the forum. .
It wasn’t thought out very well and it wasn’t implemented well, either.
Ship the Elannies back to Mexico/The Elan forum and allow  them to police themselves in their own colourful way.
Again, I’ll mention that while no forum has been unsullied by the trollement, Élan posters have had disproportionately more antagonism from some persistently foul bastards that goes back for years.
“A person needs a little madness, or else they never dare cut the rope and be free”  Nikos Kazantzakis

Offline SharonMcCarthy

• View Profile
Re: Cunning Linguist
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 03:34:34 AM »
Che you surprise me....your a damn good troll when you see fit. Oh that's right your Cyber God therefore your actions are acceptable...lmao ok whatever...peace out I am going on vacation. You all talk to yourselves for a couple days....lmao :roflmao:  :roflmao:
"A little knowledge that acts is worth infinitely more than much knowledge that is idle."
Kahlil Gibran

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: elanianation of affection
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
Quote from: "Inculcated"
Agreed.  My resignation was submitted a short while back and it probably won’t be long until an Admin has a moment to adjust the front page.

Hopefully soon, and I hope Ursus drops out as well. The elan community needs to sort themselves out.

That won’t happen.

We have the ignore function for a reason.

Something like that was done by creating an Élan sub forum a few years back. Whatever vision that inspired that partition was clearly never realized.  This CAN section  seems like a good idea though, there should be an place where accounts and information about the decades of unconscionable abuses inflicted at the Élan School don't get lost in the fray.

If the behavior of the current lot of posters doesn't demonstrate the efficiency of Elan in turning a normal person into a turnip I don't know what does.

It wasn’t thought out very well and it wasn’t implemented well, either.

Part of the problem is the current cast of players had no intention of ever working towards something useful. They've simply spent years pursuing each other with these asinine internet feuds and have no problem making the Elan Alumni community a place where it is nearly impossible to do something about Elan. They are merely interested in fucking with each other, the kids being fucked with by Elan means nothing to them.

I understand and accept that to some extent this is true of many survivors and other vets of the industry, but I've never seen anything quite so pervasive as this. It's a never ending sea of toxicity and text vomit.

Again, I’ll mention that while no forum has been unsullied by the trollement, Élan posters have had disproportionately more antagonism from some persistently foul bastards that goes back for years.

They promote much of their own drama. These people are too selfish and self-centered to think beyond themselves.

Offline Dr. Acula

• View Profile
nothing
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 12:48:45 AM »
]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:25:33 AM by Dr. Acula »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 12:58:29 AM »
You two are really something, Che what in gods name do you suffer from. I believe it has to be the most acute case of denial I've ever seen. You have been antagonizing and bashing Elanians for the last six months at a pretty steady pace, you were engaged in a hostile argument with Mark and Sharon on and off for some time. Using some foul language especially towards Sharon.
Inculcate you really don't need to advertise or run your mouth anymore concerning Elan, just take your little ass and move on down the road you sanctimonious twit. I will be just sick to my stomach if I have to hear anything more concerning Elan coming out of your mouth. Maybe Matty and yourself can reminisce about Elan along with the scintillating tales that Elan Reporter can tell you. I'm sure Felice and Sharon will also contribute to your parting farwell.
I can only rejoice that Che and Inculcate maybe coming to the end of their time of need to speak about Elan. I have told you both from day one, when I got here. There are other Elan sites that are taking care of our business just fine. We do not need Fornits "to" do this nor as it looks wants fornits "to" do this.
Your arrogance by posting a thread like this shows your ignorance Che of Elan. I have never seen a thread from any of us Elanians asking for help and guidance. We have never asked for forgiveness or wanted any of you to make excuses for us. We never requested your opinions or any advice. We have never asked your bellicose ass Che, to post anything yet you do, for your own enjoyment.    
Inculcate,  Ursus taking his pompous ass off our forum would be a respectful act on his part but if I know my copy and paste boy his pride will not let him. Not one Elanian uses the forum if anyone has noticed for any business.
Farewell Inculcate may your naivety of Elan not confuse you any further on your trails. Let It Go. As for you Che I don't know if you even care to listen to any advice but you are not qualified nor have anywhere near the maturity to even open a thread like this, clean your own side of the street first.

danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 02:02:41 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Look at me everyone I have something utterly useless to say, again!
danny

fixed it for you.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 05:29:18 AM »
LOL

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:37:26 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Look at me everyone I have something utterly useless to say, again!
danny

fixed it for you.

:cheers:  :rocker:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 08:42:00 PM »
Quote from: "Paul St. John"
LOL

What are you making your usual ass sucking rounds, Aaron's damn good at it.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
Now Danny, I read that statement very early this morning, and it was my first laugh of the day.. I have to give credit where it is due..

Besides, you don t really think I suck ass.. do you?

and who the fuck is Aaron?

Besides, Danny, with your self-depricating humor.. even you can find some humor in that.. no?

Paul

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 08:47:35 PM »
I gotta be honest.. I just read it again, and laughed as though it were the first time I read it.

Paul