Author Topic: honk if you remember the seed  (Read 7457 times)

Offline karenshoe1

• View Profile
Re: honk if you remember the seed
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »
Would anyone who went to The Seed be willing to talk to me? I was stuck in there for a year from the time I was 15 in 1975, Ft. Lauderdale.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 10:33:03 PM »
Hello
St. Pete '73
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 11:00:35 PM »
I'm sorry I resonded to your 2nd post having not read your 1st one.
So again Hello. It sounds just like St. Pete. The heat, nothing to drink (1 cup of water after calisthenics)
Did they make you do the hokey - pokey? And yes I remember being hungry all the time. My oldcommers parents Would give us a couple of hot dogs. 1 oldtimer and 1 oldcomer (brothers), and 3 newcomers. 4 of us in 1 room with the door lock turned anound backwards and the windows screwed shut from the outside. Thank god there was never a fire.
Welcome again and read the past posts in this forum, to get a feel for who's who.
?©?€~¥@

Offline karenshoe1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2010, 11:36:05 PM »
Omg...thanks nun-ya. Yes, the hokey pokey was a big one. So was that song I can't stand to hear now, something about "kittens and mittens" and "these are few of my favorite things." All these joyous (yeah right) songs. It feels so good to get this out after all this time. I don't know why now all of the sudden, but I'm just glad I found this forum. I didn't have a menstrual period for the entire time I was there, and I wasn't allowed to see a Dr. (or dentist) for the duration. Yes, and the one dixie cup of water...

Why hasn't Art been prosecuted?

After a year, I stood up for myself after asking to be "graduated" (which we all know means, Let me the Hell outta here) and being denied, I finally told them I would tell my parents everything, and lo and behold, I "grad-u-"f-ing"-ated" the next week. There were no lock downs in Ft. Lauderdale; you were at the mercy of your peers local families. I had to come over from Ft. Myers, so those of us not fortunate enough to live at or go home, had it to really suck it up.

Fortunately, today, I no longer have to ask to use the bathroom, or tell an intimidating male or female if I have to go #1 or #2. But the memories, while somewhat repressed, still haunt me today.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 12:11:42 AM »
Sorry but I had to do this;

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple streudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver white winters that melt into springs

When the dog bites
When the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

I would fantasize about the crisp apple streudels and the schnitzel with noodles.
And my  guess is that Art too many "low friends in high places". He made a lot of money and I'm sure he greased all the right plams. So you never got to be a newcomer living at home? Too bad,that was the easiest way to split, (worked for me).
By the way, there are older posts in the seed forum with all the seed songs.
?©?€~¥@

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 12:28:30 AM »
Quote from: "Johnny G"
It is kind of a closed society when the only acceptable discourse concerns rehashing various platitudes (the seed sucks, barker sucks. etc.) and idle threats;

I attempted to discuss the latter day phenomena of people hanging out for several years, having done it myself, but was apparently not sufficiently combative.

Welcome to fornits.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline karenshoe1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 04:07:28 PM »
Hi None-Ya, and thanks for answering. No, I never got to go home. The closest I came was to fantasize about being on any jetliner flying overhead. I would say, "I wanna be on that plane going anywhere; any place but HERE.", But then I'd turn around and tell someone I loved them. Just to play the game...the Winner of the game, by the way, was the one who got to go home. The CHAMPION of the game is the one who got realeased from the program entirely.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
Quote from: "karenshoe1"
Would anyone who went to The Seed be willing to talk to me? I was stuck in there for a year from the time I was 15 in 1975, Ft. Lauderdale.

Hey Karen. Remember any McNultys?
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »
karenshoe1 wrote
the Winner of the game, by the way, was the one who got to go home. The CHAMPION of the game is the one who got realeased from the program entirely.

Best case scenario, the seed was a tremendous waste of time.
Worst case scenario, the seed  ripped familys apart, caused permanent psycological damage, And is even responsable for a few suicides. I don't believe there were any winners at all. Some people just lost less than others. (execpt for Johnny G, who got to stay where he wanted to be for 5 years) I wonder when he left did they look at each other and say " damn I thought we would never get rid of him".
?©?€~¥@