Author Topic: Tokyo? Odawara Anyone?  (Read 939 times)

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Tokyo? Odawara Anyone?
« on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »
Going to be in Tokyo Saturday and Sunday and Odawara M-Th and back in Tokyo Friday.  Flight home Saturday.

Any of you fellow Fornitscators currently in the Land of the Rising Sun?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Tokyo? Odawara Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 10:35:35 PM »
Stackjones comes to mind; he might be there...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 12:14:16 AM »
I might have hopped a flight from Central China if you had said Roppongi.. Fuck if I can remember what happened to me the last time I was there. One of these days I'll be close enough to Japan to meet up with you DJ, one of these days. I have the feeling I'm not quite finished with Asia. Been pondering a return to Korea to save up some cash to go back to school. That or directly to Japan to do a semester there to claim a trifecta of Asian countries I've deflowered virg... err. lived in.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 08:45:07 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Stackjones comes to mind; he might be there...

Not sure I can handle that level of intensity during a light social gathering, Urs.  If he happens to be performing somewhere, however, I may check that out.

@Gookie - Hopefully one of these times we can get it together for some beers or what-have-you.  I am going with a colleague who is really geeked about going to Roppongi, so we will probably make that run.  Heck, it's just one train from Tokyo.  Easy for even gaijin like me to do.  I'm staying for the week in Odawara, a really nice small city right on the coast and it's beatiful there - great black sand beaches.  It's a short, one-stop train ride from Odawara to Hakone which is Japan's "resort town" in that prefecture, so I'll be going up there for the onsens and some sight-seeing.  From Hakone you get a beautiful view of Mount Fuji (Fujisan) plus Lake Ashi which is also stunning.  I'll commute by train to my office in Miyanodai, which is OK, but not the best place to have fun and enjoy Japan's natural beauty, except you get a perfect view of Fujisan right from the office, which is pretty cool.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »
I took a couple of weekend vacations in Osaka and Fukuoka. Enjoyed the hell out of both places. Did one runs  to Tokyo, did not enjoy as much as the first two. Japan is a damn nice place to unwind for a few days if you have the cash. If you don't have the dosh, Phillipines.