Author Topic: Bethel Boys Academy, Lucedale, MS.  (Read 47030 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bethel Boys Academy, Lucedale, MS.
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »
A year to the month since Bethel Boys was raided for allegations of abuse(with witness poised to testify until the state cut Herman a deal) Bethel Girls has been raided, allegations once again lodged against Bethel (this time the Girls home)with 40 or so girls removed by the state. according to a recent Clarion Ledger article.

Fountain is simply put, not a man of integrity. He should be put totally out of business at a minimum. Since he is forbidden from being on site at Bethel Boys, rumor has it he has been meddling at Bethel Girls. Ironically, in less than six months of HIS meddling Bethel Girls has been raided!!!

People, it is time this stops! The State of Mississippi needs to GET REAL and DO something to this man and his opportunistic family (every Fountain in sight is employed at Beth Hell Boys or Girls!)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2004, 12:28:00 AM »
Wow! Anon above points out that once again in the sordid, jaded, murky past of Bethel Home, AKA Bethel Academy, AKA Bethel Girls Academy, there si yet ANOTHER raid, ANOTHER set of allegations of abuse!

HOW MANY TIMES DOES HISTORY HAVE TO REPEAT ITSELF BEFORE THESE PEOPLE GET SHUT DOWN AND SENT TO PRISON!!!!!!!!!

CHERYLE, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. KEEP US ADVISED.
THAT IS JUST WHAT HERMAN WANTS THE LEAST-CLEAR CONSISE REPORTING OF HIS DIRTY DEEDS.

THESE COMMENTS ARE BASED ON 1)HISTORY 2)PRIOR RECENT ALLEGATIONS (MAY 2003) AND YET ANOTHER NEW CHAPTER IN THIS PITIFUL SAGA IN MAY 2004, 1 YEAR TO THE MONTH (AS THE OTHER WRITER COMMENTED)SINCE THE LAST ALLEGATIONS AND STATE DEAL.!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2004, 12:54:00 AM »
Check out this link. It is the Clarion Ledger latest article on the new raid at Beth-Hell Girls Home

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs. ... 350&Ref=AR

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »
Bethel hearing delayed

By Antoinette Konz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hearing before a Forrest County Youth Court judge on the removal of 38 girls from a Petal school for troubled teenagers has been postponed after an attorney for several parents said he had received new information in the case.

"Based on that information, we decided to ask for a continuance. I filed the motion this (Wednesday) morning," said Michael Reed, a Hattiesburg attorney representing three parents of students who attended Bethel. "I do not know at this point when the hearing will be continued."

The hearing, which stems from a multi-agency investigation of the Bethel Girls Academy which began May 19 was to have been before Judge Michael McPhail.

Reed would not comment on the nature of the information he received. He did say, however, that some parents of the girls have been notified about some of the allegations of abuse at the Bethel home, but he would not elaborate.

"I am unable to comment on the information at this time," he said. "I will be speaking with the parents later on today."

Reed had asked for the hearing last week on behalf of parents David Bakker of Chicago, Matthew Brown of Dallas and Jason and Lori Salo of Tacoma, Wash. The parents had said they wanted to ask the judge to reconsider removing the teenagers from the youth home.

Paul Walley, a Richton attorney representing Bethel Girls Academy and its director, Herman Fountain Jr., could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

Walley and Fountain have denied any allegation of wrongdoing at the school.

Bakker, whose 12-year-old daughter was one of the girls removed from Bethel, said Wednesday that he had received some documents pertaining to the home's operation over the weekend. He did not elaborate.

"As far as the items I have received, I am not so sure about how credible or reliable they are. I still have a lot of questions," Bakker said. "I just don't know what to think right now."

Officials from the state Department of Human Services and the Attorney General's office were involved in the probe. Rick Whitlow, spokesperson with DHS, said Wednesday that his agency would not comment on the Bethel investigation.

The agency has refused to provide information on whether the facility was licensed, if it had been inspected and what the agency's policies and procedures are when it comes to monitoring facilities such as Bethel.

The Hattiesburg American filed a Public Records Act request on May 25 seeking the information. DHS has 14 business days from the filing date to respond.

Forrest County District Attorney Jon Mark Weathers said Tuesday that he has received two packets containing information about the investigation of the Bethel home. He would not elaborate on the contents.

"Based on what I have seen, it merits further investigation," he said. "But I have certainly not made the conclusion that there was any violation of criminal law that took place at Bethel.

"Right now, we just need to go a little further in the investigation and try to determine the facts and the motivation of those who have made these allegations," Weathers said.

A meeting with a representative from the state Attorney General's office and Weathers is scheduled to take place on Friday, he said
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 09:57:00 PM »
What a strange world we live in! Now all of a sudden the state is backpeddaling AGAIN. What is it with Fountain and the State of Miss? Does he have pictures? Is he BLACKMAILING someone in a prominent position in the Miss. heiarchy?

Is Herman THAT slick he can keep on getting continuances and delays until he gets enough brainwashed parents and kids to get the Fountain Enterprise known as Bethel off the hook AGAIN? God only knows what it is going to take to EVER get justice!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
Mississippi and Utah are second only to Texas when it comes to rampant disordered thinking.

:roll:

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »
the hearing was supporst to be for the parents who wanted to send their kids back to Bethel i belive

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2004, 11:44:00 PM »
A couple of interesting details:

Fountian was seen recently at the Lucedale, MS Auction selling livestock

Fountain's van used to haul Bethel boys was seen on sale in the parking lot of a Lucedale grocery store. Phone numbers on the van-Bethel Academy AND Fountain's PERSONAL HOME NUMBER. Is there any separation of Fountain's personal finances and the home supposibly for "the boys". Be assured, all who are interested, Mr. Fountain does all he does for HIS WALLET. The boys are just a method to make money. Money used to buy chandeliers for the Fountain residences (Fountain's former home, now admin offices,) antiques and fineries for the Fountain clan.

It looks like there may finally be a kink in the money pipe. All the information flowing about this man and his abuse mills is finally revealing the truth? Bethel is Bethel wherever you find it. Don't be fooled by John Fountain's stories about the Hattiesburg Girls Bethel Home being independent. Herman is involved up to his eyeballs in that place. The Fountains are united and have one purpose to generate MONEY!!

Is it possible the truth is finally hitting him in the WALLET?

Also, a sighting was reported of Herman out in his pickup with some boys in the back of the truck. Is it possible he is violating the concent decree and still using Bethel boys as FREE LABOR?

If he is doing it, I am sure the state will continue to LOOK AWAY and ignore WHATEVER this man does as they have done for the last 15 or more years.

How charmed a life can one man have?

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »
Fountian was seen recently at the Lucedale, MS Auction selling livestock

Well, at least we know why there is so much confusion as to whom the usage of cattle prongs is appropriate.  I guess that will be his defense as to why he shocks the boys/victims with cattle prongs.
"I'm sorry Judge, I honestly thought they were cows".
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »
cheryle,
i am putting together a collective of stories about unethical therapeutic experiences, i'd love to have you write a chapter in it... we need parental representation.
this school is still open, right?  either way, i need your help; we need to get these horrible institutions shut down to save these poor children.

email me @ [email protected]
aura solomon

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2004, 10:30:00 AM »
Would be happy to help in anyway I can.  Will be e-mailing privately also.  When dealing with these child abuse compounds half of the crime is the parents that realize their child has been abused - to simply disappear into the sunset.  Now armed with the knowledge about the compound their child suffered at, they do nothing.  My eyes have been opened to a whole underworld of legalized child abuse.  When does it stop?  How many more kids must suffer?

Offline schbiz

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2004, 12:03:00 PM »
I know what Bethel was like because I was a cadet in the Academy for two years, and I worked for Herman Fountain for two years. I hear all these people who don't know jack about it, tell me what it was like. Let me tell you what it was like back in 2000, when I was in there. Keep in mind that these things which I am about to tell you are actual facts and events that took place while I was there.
Did teens get beat over there? Well that depends what you consider as a "beating," or should I call it "discipline?" Yes, I've seen teens get literally smacked in the face with a closed hand by the instructors. Hitting someone with a closed hand, as I recall, called child abuse.
If anyone wants to know more about Bethel Baptist Boys Academy in Lucedale and just wants to discuss any issues, please, I don't bite; feel free and contact me at my e-mail address:
[email protected]
I did not write this posting reply because I have nothing better to do with my time than to chat about meaningless battles about Bethel, but because everytime I get on this website, there's always someone telling someone else something that they've never experienced in the past themselves.  :oops:
ugene Scholl

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »
i did a 6 month streach there back in "95" i guess before it got bad.
  i got to know the family well. even spent some time with Fountain Jr. in Michigan we became good freinds after my stay there. I havent been there recently.
 in my stay i rembered it as so called "abuse" was mild and i got the medical attention i needed as well as others that got hurt. we had free time, work time, school time.
  by the time i took my placement tests.... school was over. and i learned to work, and i still do now, as what i learned to do down there rough carpenter. so i was preaty busy with learning a trade and didnt see much "abuse" i guess i was a good kid but then again it was small then we had 8 including myself at one time when i got there was only 5 so there was really more of his family there than us. Nice Family i learned alot from those people and i dont feel brainwashed at all.
  i have made a good life for myself 11 years later, proud family of 2. still married.
   i was just browsing the net. for Mr.F and come across all this :cry2:  depressing really
 look every kid needs a smack in the face as i did myself. in my honest opinon id say he saved my life. buy teaching me about respect-foresight,and word of god. you know its sad to say
i regret trying to find an old freind.
thx
  yours truly
   "B"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 02:15:00 PM »
What Whatchaduen is really honourable... both in respect to her son and every boy and girl that ever crossed their threshold.

The hardest thing I've ever done has been read the transcript of the lawsuit against Bethel Academy. I... I witnessed all those events, and many more. Earlier someone mentioned Herman Fountain loosing his webmaster hounds on someone...

For three years, that was me. But we didn't use... legal methods to get the slander away. What I was to do was much less clean and tidy. It's also illegal under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

I was definitely troubled, there was no question of that. But after all I've seen, all I've heard, all I've covered up and shown... after all i've done and all that's said and done... I can't even get a job. I can't function, and I know I'm not the only one.

The atrocities enacted against these boys that I witnessed and experienced first hand... I cannot even begin to explain. But before you strike me as just a crying weakling, I ask that you read this.

I was a Cadet, and I remember everything. The truth can only be hidden, it can not be erased. All that happened will come to light... A light greater than has been seen.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2006, 01:07:00 AM »
I was at Bethel in 1984. I was 15 years old at the time, i am now 37. I witnessed the abuse firsthand, and I don't care what anyone else says, I was there, I saw it, and lived through it. I have nothing to gain here, I don't have a lawsuit pending or any action against Bethel. I will say this, the things that I am hearing, and seeing here are tame . I can tell you true stories that are much worse. I was There in the early years, when Bro. Fountain(Herman) was in charge. Things were worse then, from what I am seeing posted about Bethel now. I have nothing to hide, my name is Michael Patterson Jr. and I now live in Nashville, Tn. Anyone who remembers me from Bethel, or anyone who has any questions can e-mail me at.... [email protected]