Author Topic: MY TIME  (Read 7956 times)

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
MY TIME
« on: September 17, 2003, 10:03:00 PM »
THANK GOD FOR MY TIME AT THE SEED! PLACED FROM THE COURT SYSTEM AND BECOME A OLD TIMER OR DO TIME AT (2O YEARS) RAIFORD.I ENTERED THE SEED FIRST AT THE TROPICAL RACETRACK LOCATED IN DADE COUNTY.SOON MOVED TO SR 84 ALONG WITH OTHERS FROM ANDREWS AVE GANG.IT TOOK ALMOST A YEAR TO BECOME A OLD COMER.BECAME A TRUCKER AT SR. 84 FACILITY AND PROVIDED SECURITY AND HELP BUILD UPSTAIRS OFFICES FOR J.U., LIBBI,ROBERT,PENNY AND ART.I HELPED IN MOVING EQUIPMENT TO P.PARK TO START NEW FACILITY.ONE OF MY FONDESS MEMORIES WAS MAINTAING ARTS YARD AND THE LIMO FROM J.GLEASON AND THE BEAUTIFUL TEAK AND MAHOGANY BOAT ALL LOCATED ON THE NEW RIVER CANAL.AGAIN, THANKS FOR DOOR GUARDS THE OPEN MEETINGS,GROUP RAP,GUYS RAP,BEING STOOD UP,AND MORAL INVENTORIES AND PEOPLE WHO BELIVED IN ME WHEN I DIDNT. ONE THING FOR SURE THE SEED INDEED LOVED ME! OLDTIMMER TRUCKER
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »
Welcome trucker. One little suggestion....please unlock your cap locks. Online that is the equivalent of yelling.

Are you still involved...still live in the lauderdale area?  Were you really given a choice between 20 years and the seed? How old were you when you entered the program?

Tell us more please, and welcome once again.

I don't go lookin' for trouble. I just keep a little in a box should someone come by who is.
--Bill Warbis

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2003-09-18 06:56 ]

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 11:18:00 PM »
1972-What a year! Busted again,this time while under the state mandated offenders program.My judge was the famous book throwing female who gave mercury morris some time to think about his lg.snow holdings.I will never forget when she said that she was ready to send me to her motel in north fl. but some people thought I was worth saving.She pointed at J.U standing at the back of the courtroom,then said if you do not complete their program (SEED) then you will be placed in my motel for no less than 20 years.I was taken by p.d straight to 84 facility,stripped searched, seen by doc,spent time in locked room and stayed with apt.full of staff members that night.With no sleep, next day I was taken to tropical park and introduced to group.Stayed at T. park a few weeks until it closed down and sent back to 84 where I spent the remainder of my time.I cant remember much about time spent at T. park because I was kept sleep deprived until I had permanent oldcomer.I missed all of junior year and three quarters of my senior year of high school and still received my H.S.diploma.Great school system!Thinking about all of this stuff is really freaking me out sense first finding this site last night.Remember, dont analyze...I got to get off now

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »
How old were you when you went in?  Are you still in touch with the inner core in Lauderdale (libby, bob, robert...)

Did you realize the sleep deprivation was part of your "treatment" and had nothing to do with whether you had an oldcomer or not?

Are you aware that Art Barker is still alive?

WELCOME AGAIN!

Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of human freedom.  It is the argument of the tyrant and the creed of the slave.  
-- William Pitt, 1763

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2003-09-19 06:49 ]

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2003, 11:27:00 PM »
I dont know any one from the inner circle.The only people that I know are the two girls whos father was the doc at the 84 site.both of them were at the seed.Some of the things that I recall are when Robert Conrad the actor came and spoke to the group about his life,the day the large green license plate of the seed was hung on the back wall(made by C. Sabin), a Christmas open house meeeting in which the staff sang "Heard it on the grape vine", or was it just a night for a talent contest when Penny sang "The Impossiable Dream",When I took the stage and gave A stand up comady perfomance of the unheard of Jerry Clower comedian,and I even recall the night when some shots were fired at the seed windows by a drive by car of kids yelling"The Seed Sucks", glass every were.After finishing the program I was able to get into the military and left the streets behind me.I got married(still to the same girl)and now work for the federal govt.(26 years)in the north central Fl. area. Oh yea, I forgot my best man was a seedling.So to make a long story come to a end,was the seed the right thing for me? I dont think that I would be alive to tell this story If it weren't.

Offline Somejoker

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2003, 10:56:00 AM »
Of course, you would have been "dead, insane or in jail" without it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MY TIME
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2003, 11:36:00 AM »
Trucker, it seems to me asif you're maybe missing an important point. This judge who sent you there under threat of an impossible sentence seems to have been the one trying to kill you. If a mugger puts a gun to your head and demands your wallet, naturally you give him the wallet. But do you credit him with saving your life?

Necessity never made a good bargain
--Benjamin Franklin Apr. 1734

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2003, 01:26:00 PM »
Quit analyzing,its straight up, God grant me the wisdom to know the differance.The mugger was the so called friends on the streets,and me!The wallet was drugs.The judge new what I would do, not give up the wallet!Because that is all I lived for at at that time.The judge put the gun on safty because the Seed new a way to get rid of the mugger,the wallet, and the gun thus allowing me to countinue my trip safely.Unfortunately some people choose to not give up the wallet under no threat,get wacked in the head and stumble all over the road the rest of their life or even worse end up brain dead.The Seed loves you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2003, 02:47:00 PM »
Quit analyzing? Buddy, just look at the mental contortions you have to go through to make brainwashing look like a gift from heaven. I know a lot of my older brothers' and sisters olddruggiefriends who were not fortunate enough to receive that blessed gift. They're all old and settled, running businesses, raising families, etc. The only ones dead, insane or in jail are the ones who sat in group with you guys.

The Seed doesn't love me or you. The Seed stole my family from me when I was just around 6 years old. You remember the McNulty family? I was the cute, though oddly grim, little blond falling asleep in the fog of all that cigarette smoke at every open meeting.

Thanks Art! Mother fucker!

This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

Anonymity Anonymous

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2003, 03:52:00 PM »
No,I dont recall you or your family but I do recall a lot parents looking at their loved ones hoping that they ( their kids) would wake up and face reality. I know that my parents said they were ready to give me over to the state rather then to influence my younger brother.Its tough to be a parent.At the age of six,I am sure you didnt get to say or have much imput into what happen in your family or to what was happening with the Seed but unless your siblings were put in by the courts, some one signed with the believe that they were doing the best thing for their children at that time.One thing for sure is if there was no love in your family then there must have been hate.Only you and your family know.Maybe it was tough love before it was coined.Keep fighting for what you believe in because I will too.Again thanks to the Seed and all that believed in me.
                                     Trucker

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2003, 08:05:00 PM »
The three main friends that I grew up with and that were cosidered "druggie friends" are ALL doing very well and NEVER went in Straight or the Seed or any program.  They were all doing more than what I was at the time and they're all successful now...gee, wonder how that happened   :roll: .  I really want someone that is pro-Straight/Seed to explain that to me.  These people that were doing the SAME things and WORSE than me, never went to any kind of treatment and are completely successful people with businesses and families and very full lives.  I'm also a parent of two teenaged girls 18 & 16.  I've been through the drug thing from the kid side AND the parent side.  I tried something novel....I TALKED to my kids.  Not just when she got into drugs but through her whole life.  We had our ups and downs during her "troubled" period, but we got through it and she's starting nursing school now with a full scholarship.  WOW, how the hell did we manage without "The Program" :roll: ?!?!?!?!?!  Don't mistake that as me blaming my parents for whatever trouble I got into, I'm not.  My point(s) are that 1)  The relationship that parents build with their kids THROUGHOUT THEIR ENTIRE LIVES is what is going to keep them OK and making good decisions and 2)  IT IS NEVER ACCEPTABLE TO ABUSE ANYONE IN THE NAME OF "HELP".   I've been through some pretty rough shit in my life but what has honestly had the most/worst impact on my life was Straight.  It was the single worst experience of my life.  I don't sit around whining about it all the time, but it sure is with me all the time.  My father refuses to speak to me because I don't continue to follow the straight doctrine and I'm his ONLY CHILD.  How the hell does that help HEAL a family.  The problems my family had had very little to do with my drug use...that was just a convenient scapegoat so they didn't have to look at how screwed up they were.

If you really feel that place saved your life, more power to you, but DON'T tell any of us that we need to "face reality".  That's YOU bud...wake up and smell it!!
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline TRUCKER

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »
Ask your three main friends how they did it.You know how I did it.Correct, talking and being a family that is open is key to any relationship.I was never abused at the Seed,I was the abuser to me and others at that time of my life.I went through  abuse in military boot camp.I live my life for me first and try to understand and respect others opinions(good and bad points) as these are helpful building blocks in making a stronger inner being,for me.I cant comment on Straight because I was not part of the that family.However, I (face) reality every day just like you and thank God the Seed helped give me the oppertunity back !

Trucker

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2003, 10:19:00 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what was the charge for which the judge was ready to send you to Raifford for 20 yrs?

The world is so exquisite, with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's no good evidence. Far better, it seems to me, to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides.
--Carl Sagan

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2003, 11:45:00 AM »
I also was "saved" by a judge. My father had me thrown in the seed with no charge. My mother got a lawyer and had a court order to have us removed. A St Pete judge LIED and said I stood up in open court and admitted to a drug problem and overturned the first judge.

The problem? I was never in court. These judges were all in bed with the Seed. I believe that the judge probably looked at trucker, after being charged with whatever juvy offense he was charged with, and said if he didn't complete the seed she would send him to jail.I do not know Trucker's charge but am reasonably sure that in High school he was not facing 20 years. This story is more likely the result of him saying the same story over and over for 30 years and he has come to believe it himself. You know, the whole hysteria, that he was "saved" as a youth from certain death, insanity or jail by the seed.

Trucker, stop and take a deep breath and try to remember back before your childhood was relegated to that crazy cult. Were you really worthless, powerless? Were you an addict? It is okay now, 30 years later, to challenge those old "pat answers" that have been in your head all these years.

If the seed did "save" you, then what did it do to my friends that committed suicide after they graduated? Is your post seed life really the result of spending your youth there?

And if it was so great, do all your friends, relatives, and children know about it, or is it your dirty little secret?

Just asking....

Don't let your dogma run out in front of your karma.
--Anonymous

Offline Marla

• View Profile
MY TIME
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2003, 03:07:00 AM »
I too was court ordered to complete the Seed program back in 1972-3...or else go to jail. I don't trust judges, etc. either. I survived & graduated the program....got my termination of probation papers in my hand & skipped down the hall & said something to the effect of "See Ya Later..." but not that nicely. I hope Trucker can sort all of this out & find some peace.
ARLA