Author Topic: Im not participatin' godamnit  (Read 1216 times)

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Im not participatin' godamnit
« on: March 15, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »
I am not takin part in the bash AA Dont bash AA shit. It benifits some, others will never go there cause of 12/7 step wingnuts abusing them in a program.
Thats all there is to it. Be fuckin done with it already. ::deadhorse::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 11:41:13 AM »
Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 07:56:47 AM by Joel »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Im not participatin' godamnit
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:19:57 PM »
I used to play in a band, same drummer,same bass player for like 15 yrs,were done now but thats not the point. In the beginning we all drank,the drummer was affectionately known as "drunk ass dave" I drink a good clip myself when I do drink.So does the bass player. So after some time and bad personal shit in the drummers life,he starts goin to aa OF HIS OWN VOLITION, he doesnt try to shove it down anybodys throght,he quits drinking, his life IMPROVES. He knows my bacround w/straight,He doesnt fuck with me,and I never ever shit on him for doin what he felt like he needs to do to improve his life,not one negative word,ever..... Im not about that....ITS SIMPLY NOT MY CALL TO MAKE. I went to aa for awhile in the 80s,just couldnt deal with it ,thats me not him. Will I ever quit drinking ? WHO THE FUCK KNOWS.  Is it a problem for me? Some would say yes ,some no.Sometimes I dont drink at all for months,just dont feel like it.Sometimes I go get all fucked up.Its my behavior Im the only one who has to answer for it. The worst parts of my life were about drugs,especially narcotics,but Ive been away from that for 20+ years.No 7/12 steps just me.I run the show,I gave myself permission to use,and I did.Now I dont.
Point is who the hell am I to say if somebody else is tryin to help themselves? I did it my way,same as somebody else does it their way.There are many paths to the same destination.
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 12:57:12 PM »
:shamrock: I am not trying to fight anymore about AA never really wanted to to begin with. A got testy at first felt attacked on this site and fought back. I have many friends right now that drink, smoke pot and whatever just took a bike ride this weekend with them all. So I am not ramming this thing down anybody throat. Just because I brought a argument/debate I had for the way I felt AA was being Characterized on this site everyone has been going ape shit. My point was AA is not being accurately portrayed in those fucked up TC.s that use it. That was my point and from there I wanted to have a decent conversation so I could do a give and take. I know I got shitty but you guys better own up to your shit you do. Everytime someone brings up a unpopular conversation around here they are dogged out as playing games, trollin...Ya know you folks sound like a bunch of pre programed brainwashed speakers.....I not playing that game....and become one of you...NO THANK YOU!!!!  Exactly what you preach not to do, YOU DO!!!!!!! You shut down a different opinion or try to.
I understand what Straight did to you, I sit in a AA group with about 8 ex members of Straight from Georgia and Florida, I have been hearing about it for at least 10 years, my empathy goes out. That is not my experience neither is it alot of others here. I just am the one willing to talk about it openly both sides.
Danny
 :shamrock:
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline evan j rodgers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:33 PM »
I am nuetral about AA.For some people it is groovy for others its not.That is a personal matter. I do have verry strong
feelings about tomatoe ketchup.Sure,Heinz is the "leading brand" but Hunts Tomatoe Ketchup is winning taste contests
all over.Hunts is thicker, richer and has a more tangy, bold tomatoe flavor. Hunts also costs less. If your looking for quality
and value please try Hunts Tomatoe Ketchup. No disrespect intended toward Heinz or Del Monte, but check out Hunts.
I am as serIous as a heart attack! For further information look up Hunts vs Heinz on the internet.
               Love, Evan J Rodgers